Possible sale of my beloved car.

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Possible sale of my beloved car.

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

It's not set in stone yet as I'm still undecided on what move to take. But I may soon be selling my car. If I was to sell it. What's the best sites to advertise it on? Only ever sold 1 car as this is my 2nd.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Kev
Administrator
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Re: Possible sale of my beloved car.

Post by Kev »

:(

Wigit who posted on here a lot in the early days always seems to do well on Pistonheads. He often gets decent punters with good offers on there.
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Kev wrote::(

Wigit who posted on here a lot in the early days always seems to do well on Pistonheads. He often gets decent punters with good offers on there.

I know. At the moment I'm undecided. Just bought a house. And I will be able to literally bike to work and will take less than 10 mins to bike there. So don't see the need to keep the car. Driving that short distance won't do the car any good either. And the road to my work is turning into a mud bath as construction vehicles are plastering the roads with mud. So my car is filthy all the time now.
Yeh I remember Wigit.
I heard alot of bad comments about piston heads over past few years. But maybe if I do decide to part with the car then I might try there.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Pistonheads has worked well for me in the past. However, these days noatter where you advertise you still have to deal with the chances and time wasters.

Private sales of anything but cheap cars are difficult due to people wanting access to finance and being able to trade in the old one.
salsajoe
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
Options: multifunction steering wheel, fogs, 18" alloys; DAB; XDS activated, DRLs reset, lock beep activated; indicator repeat set to 4; covered cup holder, rear seat 12v socket installed. metal pedals, 210 Golf GTi also in the stable. Scirocco gone - miss it. Polo GTI now.

Post by salsajoe »

Cuprabob wrote:Pistonheads has worked well for me in the past. However, these days noatter where you advertise you still have to deal with the chances and time wasters.

Private sales of anything but cheap cars are difficult due to people wanting access to finance and being able to trade in the old one.
I would echo Cuprabob with finance and time wasters. I was lucky when I sold mine as the guy who bought it had just had his scirocco written off and was looking for a replacement of very similar spec and had the insurance money available. Also had quite a few timewasters but most did not physically visit because one of the first questions I asked was how they were going to pay (electronic transfer is the only method I would accept). Autotrader seems quite good at vetting potential buyers to sift timewasters.
moulin12
Options: Used to own a 1.4 160 DSG.

Post by moulin12 »

I advertised my BMW F20 on Autotrader and Petrolheads. I went for the AT premium package (35 days, I think), as AT stats show that the average time to sell even the most popular cars is 21 days (3 weeks). I think I had about five (protected) phone calls or emails through AT over the first few weeks. Two or three of these were time wasters really, but nothing to make it a bad experience. The only PH call was from a trader (though a polite one at that).

My car wasn't cheap at the asking price but I had two serious bites. The first one fell away because I wasn't in a position to complete (had a issue with the new car order). The eventual deal, with a couple with a young family, was a very pleasant experience. I'd actually volunteered that one of the tyres had a screw through it, so would come down 200 on my (19K) bottom price. When the money came through, it was 200 up, the couple saying that they were so pleased with the buying experience that they wanted to acknowledge my honesty. They were also happy for me to keep the car a couple of weeks until the new car arrived.

So, a thumbs up with AT for me: just have to expect that it may take several weeks for the right buyer to come along.
Phil
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Night Blue
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:It's not set in stone yet as I'm still undecided on what move to take. But I may soon be selling my car. If I was to sell it. What's the best sites to advertise it on? Only ever sold 1 car as this is my 2nd.
This is awful news!!! Considered selling and buying a nice weekender.... possibly an R ? :D
Phil
andyy
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by andyy »

Phil wrote:
whiteDevil_170 wrote:It's not set in stone yet as I'm still undecided on what move to take. But I may soon be selling my car. If I was to sell it. What's the best sites to advertise it on? Only ever sold 1 car as this is my 2nd.
This is awful news!!! Considered selling and buying a nice weekender.... possibly an R ? :D
I agree.. think about your own happiness.. An R on the drive would make you happy.. wouldn't it? [emoji14]
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Lol guys I completely agree. Its not something Im happy about doing. And as iv said it's not set in stone. It's a hard choice to make as I absolutely love my car. But at the same time I feel it's just a waste as my car will be doing no miles and the road is terrible. Yesterday it was clean. Today it's an absolute mud bath. Car is now filthy. Washed it at the weekend for the 1st time in about 2 months. As I don't ever feel like cleaning it. Also they put in 12 speed humps that are huge. I have to come to a complete stop to go over them.

Just feels a waste of such a car. An R would be amazing and i would genuinely love one. But it would be the same situation and from a money point of view just a waste of money. Couldn't justify having a car of that value for the weekend. And currently can't afford one anyway haha.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

This year I sold my Polo and Golf R and got hardly any interest on Pistonheads and sold both through Autotrader within a week, the Golf R went in three days and could have sold it 5 times over and both went for more than I thought

You do get chancers and dreamers who think they are the big I AM but hold your nerve

So I would go premium AT over PH

I feel you pain as now live on a new estate so it is a bit muddy at the moment, fortunately the weekender is tucked away and seems not to be depreciating :)
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

:grumpy: haven't posted for a very long time. But here is an update.
Well 2 years and 3 months after I posted this the car is now gone. I held out as long as I could. Just had our 1st baby born 2 weeks ago . And it just wasn't practical anymore. So last week it got part exd for a 2016 vw rline dsg. Was very sad to see it go.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Phil
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Night Blue
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

whiteDevil_170 wrote::grumpy: haven't posted for a very long time. But here is an update.
Well 2 years and 3 months after I posted this the car is now gone. I held out as long as I could. Just had our 1st baby born 2 weeks ago . And it just wasn't practical anymore. So last week it got part exd for a 2016 vw rline dsg. Was very sad to see it go.
Congrats mate! Time to get something sensible - what did you go for in the end?

Sold mine back in October, very sad to see it go
Phil
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Phil wrote:
whiteDevil_170 wrote::grumpy: haven't posted for a very long time. But here is an update.
Congrats mate! Time to get something sensible - what did you go for in the end?

Sold mine back in October, very sad to see it go
Cheers mate. Yes just wasn't practical anymore with a baby. Was very hard to part ways after 6 and half years of owning it.

Went for a 2016 vw cc rline 184bhp dsg. It's a Saloon/coupe. Got the look of a coupe still but in a saloon type car.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
skippy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

Many Congratulations WhiteDevil! Yes, it has been a very long time since you have posted, but enjoy your new car and all the best to you with the new baby!