Misfiring VW Scirocco 1.4 TSI 160PS (Clarification needed)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
greg7728
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box

Re: Misfiring VW Scirocco 1.4 TSI 160PS (Clarification neede

Post by greg7728 »

Update on mine, garage just called. Hairline crack on piston 4 and valves have issues too, basically overhauling the engine. Won't be cheap, hoping my warranty firm don't try and fob me off with wear and tear. (25k miles FSH - not sure how they could argue wear and tear but assuming that'll be the normal spin)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greg7728
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box

Post by greg7728 »

Update on mine, warranty company are sending an engineer out to inspect my engine, guessing they're going to see how far their liability extends, my mechanic has said with all the parts that need to be replaced on a rebuild, it will be 2k plus VAT - hoping the warranty company do he right thing. But not too hopeful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JordanHewitt30
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Tinted Windows, Black Alloys

Post by JordanHewitt30 »

So just over two years of posting this and buying a 2012 Scirocco 1.4 TSi, my pistons have cracked and a new engine is looking likely.

*Sigh*

Any tips on VW? I know they have a good will matrix and my car has only ever been serviced there so was told I am “more likely” to get something out of it, but I don’t believe they will do anything.
eos5tsi
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box

Post by eos5tsi »

I'm a portuguese VW EOS 1.4 TSI 160 owner and I had my engine replaced 3 times already. Twice in 2011 and the last one in 2015. Now, after 2 years and 3 month and just 46k km, my EOS is again in pieces and pistons have to be replaced. After 4 months, VW finally answered my complaints and presented a 50% goodwill on parts resulting in a £2000+ bill. I'm still fighting as this is absolutely unfair. So be prepared to suffer as VW behaviour isn't very different from one country to the other.