Heads up for anybody thinking of buying led sidelight units

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Heads up for anybody thinking of buying led sidelight units

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

So after my original set failing I found this seller on ebay. He was selling the exact same set as I had before from a group buy. Me and quite a few others have had these units fail. And I know some people have bought more than 1 set.

I bought another set as they look fantastic when they work :shake: .

This new set lasted around 2 months before they stoped working again. Now in the listing it says it comes with 1 year warrenty. Contacted the seller from China and he said yes it comes with warranty. Told him what was wrong and he said send them back. I said I will but I want a refund because I don't want to go through with this again.
Seller agreed to this even saying send a copy of postal recept and he will refund that to. Great so I sent them back. Emailed proof of postage and tracking. Waited 2 weeks for it to get there. Even though it says it will take 7 days . Emailed the company through eBay at least 15 times and had no response what so ever.
Over the course of another month I continued to email and got nothing back. So I have no lights no refund and no reply to messages. Can't claim through PayPal or report via eBay as it has gone past the allowed time frame. :grumpy: :grumpy:

Word of warning to anyone thinking of buying from this seller. They lights will fail eventually as the quality of the connections are poor. The customer service is disgraceful. Don't buy them

Link to light units
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/371060212564" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box

Re: Heads up for anybody thinking of buying led sidelight un

Post by Roy_01 »

Whats the name of the seller? IVe also a broken set after 6 months of use. Quality is rubbish.
Maybe if you make them water proof and seal the lights completely they will last a bit longer.
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

People have done that and some have still failed.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Seller is etop_wholesaleuk
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Shaun1982

Post by Shaun1982 »

So glad I didn't buy any even though I really want some. I'm sure that seller has had identical listings at different prices too
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

How about the jls tuning / iullian drl leds? Are they still available and has the quality been increased?
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Roy_01 wrote:How about the jls tuning / iullian drl leds? Are they still available and has the quality been increased?
No idea .
Never owned any of those sets.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ive sent him an email if he still makes the drl leds. If he doesn't maybe im trying the dectane drl leds.
Shaun1982

Post by Shaun1982 »

Sure I've heard the dectanes are pants too. Another issue I've got is I don't like how some look. Its hard to explain what I don't like about some lol
chrismiked
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Night Blue
Options: Bluemotion tech

Post by chrismiked »

i am a lighting engineer for an LED company based in the uk, we sell LEDS light fittings commercial / industrial we buy from china but 9 / 10 suppliers sell a load of crap so its difficult to find a decent one, personally i would try LEDS from a uk manufacturer if you can find one, cant say i have looked, or Japanese these will be more expensive, but you get what you pay for I'm afraid,
i will have a word with my Chinese suppliers "decent ones" and see if they can recommend where to buy from.
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

Hi that would be great. IVe searched a lot over the internet but there Isn't quite much what doesn't come from china. The most common problems with them is they are not water resistant and the quality of electrical components. Im thinking of rebuild the internal with quality component and seal the complete unit after this. Dont know how much work it will be. Btw I dont like the dectanes either, the led celis bundle is too small it doest look very good. If you find some reliable drl leds i will be pleased to hear it too. I payed around 220 euro for the 4design leds so expecting some more than 6 months till failure.
Shaun1982

Post by Shaun1982 »

The other thing I think about nodding a set is where are you going to stand x amount of months down the line when they inevitably go the shape of a pear & you need to send them back? I'd imagine the seller washing their hands as they aren't how they were bought.
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

Anybody who has tried these before? I've just bought them and gonna give it a try.

http://www.exledshop.com/exled-custom-l ... -copy.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

smilesapart
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: Dynamic Chassis Control.
Electric Panoramic Glass Roof.
Rear View Camera.
Electric Folding Mirrors.
90% Heat Insulated Tinted Glass.
Paint Protection.
Mud Flaps.
Mud Flaps Front & Rear.

Post by smilesapart »

Roy they look fantastic.
salsajoe
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
Options: multifunction steering wheel, fogs, 18" alloys; DAB; XDS activated, DRLs reset, lock beep activated; indicator repeat set to 4; covered cup holder, rear seat 12v socket installed. metal pedals, 210 Golf GTi also in the stable. Scirocco gone - miss it. Polo GTI now.

Post by salsajoe »

Roy_01 wrote:Anybody who has tried these before? I've just bought them and gonna give it a try.

http://www.exledshop.com/exled-custom-l ... -copy.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wanted LEDs like these but put off by the bad publicity of those found so far. Any update on how these are performing would be good? Look to be lots of places where water can get at the electronics if not sealed well from the pictures posted?
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

I have bought these now http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/262048557589" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brand: 4design led
I had them before but they lasted 1 year. The seller gave me a some discount and told me that this is a new version of the light. They are sealed properly but about quality i cant tell anything yet.
I have them fitted for 3 weeks now. Im searching for an option to dim them when the main bulbs are in but cant find it in vcds. The drl is very bright.
roc82
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI

Post by roc82 »

Roy_01 wrote:I have bought these now http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/262048557589" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brand: 4design led
I had them before but they lasted 1 year. The seller gave me a some discount and told me that this is a new version of the light. They are sealed properly but about quality i cant tell anything yet.
I have them fitted for 3 weeks now. Im searching for an option to dim them when the main bulbs are in but cant find it in vcds. The drl is very bright.
Luckily i saw Devil's post because i was just about to order those drl's, it such a shame they're quality doesn't match the looks.
I've been looking on ebay for some alternatives and found a similar led to the ones posted by you, only much cheaper (almost half price, which is odd- are they just the same?)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-Daytime-R ... 2048557589" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Did anybody tried these?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Super-Br ... 89507.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ash.mtl
Options: H&R Lowering Springs
Matte Anthracite Intergalos
K&N Panel Filter
Beru ignition coils
Stance + Spacers
Rear De-Wipe ( kill all wipers )

Post by ash.mtl »

Any update on this yet ?
Anyone recommend some decent ones ? Maybe even try getting a group buy together
roc82

Post by roc82 »

ash.mtl wrote:Any update on this yet ?
Anyone recommend some decent ones ? Maybe even try getting a group buy together
Lets update the topic from below, i am too very interested in buying a drl that works
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 10#p177110" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CleanDiesel
I drive a: R-Line
In: Indium Grey
Options: 184 TDI, Dynaudio sound system, adaptive suspenion, electronic differential lock, 90% tinted glass, cruise control, winter pack, reverse camera, fancy phone linking up stuff.

Post by CleanDiesel »

Any sets about for the face lift R-Line with 3 lights in the bumper?

Had a quick look on ebay but didn't see any.

Also, off topic here, but is the bumper itself the same shape so a splitter to fit an older mk3 scirocco (with the honeycomb grill) will fit a new one?