Ceramique interior

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
JonSchick
In: Night Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: GT with cruise control

Ceramique interior

Post by JonSchick »

About to place an order for a new GT and wondering about interior colours. The all black finish is the only one I've seen and probably the one I'll end up choosing, but..... it is quite heavy and dark. Anyone seen or got the cermamique alcantara upholstery? Does it look good or does it look cheap and nasty?

Cheers,

Jon
Crispy Duck
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Bi-Xenon Headlights, Panoramic Sunroof, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera, Winter Pack, DCC, Multifunction Colour Display, Car-Net App-Connect, Cruise Control, Folding Door Mirrors.

Re: Ceramique interior

Post by Crispy Duck »

I haven't seen it in the flesh.
You can see it quite well in this review though. Looks pretty smart to me.
(Interior shots start around the 6 minute mark):

[youtube][/youtube]

I didn't go for leather, but the black Alcantara. Combined with the black roof-lining of the GT and above (which I prefer to the regular light grey) the interior is pretty dark.
But I added the Panoramic sunroof which makes a world of difference with the extra light it lets in.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't notice you were specifically talking about the Alcantara in ceramique colour.
Left the video up though as it's pretty good.
JonSchick

Post by JonSchick »

Interesting thanks - I'm quite tall (6'3") so the panoramic roof looks like quite a good option. Does it impact at all on rear seat headroom as that's already quite tight?

Cheers,

Jon
Crispy Duck
Options: Bi-Xenon Headlights, Panoramic Sunroof, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera, Winter Pack, DCC, Multifunction Colour Display, Car-Net App-Connect, Cruise Control, Folding Door Mirrors.

Post by Crispy Duck »

It doesn't affect the rear seats at all as it doesn't go back that far.
It does add slightly more headroom to the front seats though (if you keep the sliding shade open).

It's only a pop-up roof (doesn't slide back at all), but adds the extra light and view out the top, plus it looks good on the outside. I think it's worth it.
Wazzaroc
I drive a: R-Line
In: Rising Blue
Options: 2.0TSI (180), Xenons, Rear view camera, Keyless entry, 90% tint, Badge deletion. Electric folding mirrors, Dynaudio. Vienna leather.
Mods: pressed plates and H@R lowering springs (35mm) Miltek exhaust

Post by Wazzaroc »

Crispy Duck wrote:I haven't seen it in the flesh.
You can see it quite well in this review though. Looks pretty smart to me.
(Interior shots start around the 6 minute mark):

[youtube][/youtube]

I didn't go for leather, but the black Alcantara. Combined with the black roof-lining of the GT and above (which I prefer to the regular light grey) the interior is pretty dark.
But I added the Panoramic sunroof which makes a world of difference with the extra light it lets in.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't notice you were specifically talking about the Alcantara in ceramique colour.
Left the video up though as it's pretty good.
At 14:05 in the video I think he killed someone :eyepop:
old n grey
In: Indium Grey
Options: Power fold mirrors, Cruise control

Post by old n grey »

HI, each to their own, but the two tone dash looks a little nasty :shake: especially around the gear stick area, seats look good :nod: like I said each to their own!
bitmadmax

Post by bitmadmax »

Each to their own, but I much prefer the menacing black on black interior :) Bet that white leather would be a pain to keep clean..
Golf 7R
Gone: Scirocco R
VCDS available
old n grey
In: Indium Grey
Options: Power fold mirrors, Cruise control

Post by old n grey »

bitmadmax wrote:Each to their own, but I much prefer the menacing black on black interior :) Bet that white leather would be a pain to keep clean..
Exactly that's my point, I don't like the two tone dash some will love it. I don't mind the seats ( but I wouldn't personally wouldn't choose them) you don't. The problem is when you come to sell it, a car that divides opinion is always going to be harder to sell on. Its the same with paint colour, a few weeks ago I saw a woman in a pink metallic Porsche 911, now how hard is that going to be to sell on! Of course all this is irrelevant if you buy a car on something like solutions when your 3/4 years is up you can hand the keys back and walk away, then its the dealers problem.
JonSchick

Post by JonSchick »

Decision made (probably!). Flash red GT with black interior and pano roof to lighten things up. Not sure I like the two tone ceramique dash which reminds me of my father in law's old Volvo 240!

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
Yan_Aage
In: Ultra Violet
With a: DSG box

Post by Yan_Aage »

Hi All

First post so thanks for having me!

Thought I'd resurrect this old thread after I did a search rather than start one on the same subject.

So...is anyone here actually living with the ceramique interior? My car's on order with it specified but having second thoughts with regards to keeping it clean. Must confess I'm not someone who will spend hours every Sunday meticulously detailing their car. Maybe at first but then the novety tends to wear off. It's still at the "order with factory" stage so I think I maybe able to change it if I decide to.

I've never actually seen it in real life. Can someone confirm it's just the side bolsters that are alcantra and the actual bit where you sit is cloth? And where there are ceramique bits on the dashboard and door inserts, with the Mocca option if anyone on here's got that interior, are the same bits Mocca so it's a combination of brown and black or is it just the seats that are brown and all the dash is black? It looks all black from the photos but I guess it could be difficult to tell.

The car's on PCP which I've never done before. At the end of my term can the dealers be a bit funny when you hand them back and try and charge you for stuff like mucky seats?! If so I'll definitely try and switch it to black interior.

By the way, it's a 2.0 TSi DSG GT Black Edition in ultra-violet. I've never seen that colour in real life either but love it from the pictures. I only realised yesterday the roof is black (thought it was just the spoiler, mirrors, and wheels) so now think it will look even better. This will replace my 2007 Focus ST3 in frozen white that I've had for 8 years and love but I think it's time for a change now.
Maplesyrup
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, RNS510, Bluetooth, KW DDC Coilovers, Black 19" Lugano, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, Revo Stage 2, Revo Induction, Full Milltek Exhaust, piano black interior trim, tinted....

Post by Maplesyrup »

It should be no surprise that you only see the ceramique interior option in videos.... :rolleyes: