Help please!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Ben0416
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box

Help please!

Post by Ben0416 »

Hi everyone, hope you can help.

I have a 2010 2.0 tdi 140 and I'm having issues in the past couple of days. On the way home from work yesterday I noticed a juddering feeling when I was stopped at lights, it's hard to explain but I can just feel a shudder under foot every few seconds like it's spluttering or just struggling. The engine sounds different too, it's normally so smooth but it sounds rough. Then today when I got home from work and turned the engine off, the fan kept going for about 5 minutes as the engine was very hot. I can also smell what I think is oil. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Thank you
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Help please!

Post by Cuprabob »

When the DPF does a regeneration, the car feels a little rougher and there is a sense of heat as to do the regen the exhaust temp is increased. If you switch off the car before the regen is complete the radiator fans run on for 5 mins to dissipate the heat.

Just give the car a good run to allow it to complete the DPF regen and all will be well☺
Ben0416

Post by Ben0416 »

I'm scared to take it down the motorway incase it breaks down but do you think that will work? I always drive around town and people have told me before that caused issues because it's a diesel.
Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Yes, DPF doesn't like only town driving. Needs a good blast to allow the DPF the chance to Regen.

Just give it a blast, it will be fine.
Roy_01
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box

Post by Roy_01 »

With the polar fis i can see in the mfd when a regeneration is performed. But you can also notice a shaky speedo needle driving on cruisecontrol. And fan turned on + oil smell is definitly a regen.
Ben0416

Post by Ben0416 »

It seems to have worked, just took it down the motorway for 40 miles and all seems well for now. Thanks for your help, you've saved me getting ripped of at a garage tomorrow
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

You're welcome
Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

Roy_01 wrote:With the polar fis i can see in the mfd when a regeneration is performed. But you can also notice a shaky speedo needle driving on cruisecontrol. And fan turned on + oil smell is definitly a regen.
I was looking at the polar, worth the outlay?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk