VW CITYGATE – YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
jayroc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Panoramic Sunroof, Vienna Leather, Sat Nav, Parking Sensors, Dynaudio, Bluetooth & Parrot, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons

Post by jayroc »

Dear All,
I have had the worst experience of my life using VW Citygate and would like to warn you all to think twice before you consider purchasing a vehicle from them or take in your vehicle for repairs.
To cut a very long story short; my experience are as follows:
1. They provide poor customer service and poor customer care.
2. Lack of transparency and dishonesty regarding work done
3. Incompetent and Poor technicians
4. Your vehicle may end up with more faults and damage when they return it back to you.
5. Do not expect your phone calls and emails to be acknowledged or responded to in a professional manner.
This has been my experience with VW Citygate this year and I do not want anyone of you guys to suffer the same terrible experience as we enter 2015 so I thought I’d better give you this health warning as a best xmas / new year present.
Good luck.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: VW CITYGATE – YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Post by Cuprabob »

Hope you took the time to notify VW Customer Services of the issues you had.
jayroc
Options: Panoramic Sunroof, Vienna Leather, Sat Nav, Parking Sensors, Dynaudio, Bluetooth & Parrot, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons

Post by jayroc »

Yes I filed a formal complaint with VW and a case manager was assigned to deal with matter but there is really not much they can do!
GTID
In: Candy White
Options: 19" rims
Full Leather
Pano roof
Parking sensors

Post by GTID »

Sorry to hear of your troubles jayroc,

I suppose it depends which branch you go to. I'd agree with you about the Colindale branch, never had a good experience there. Although the guys at Ruislip seem quite decent and have been pleasantly treated in comparison.
OmzY
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Parking sensors, Sat Nav, Interior LED Footwell lighting, Black interior trim (door handle, etc.)

Post by OmzY »

GTID wrote:Sorry to hear of your troubles jayroc,

I suppose it depends which branch you go to. I'd agree with you about the Colindale branch, never had a good experience there. Although the guys at Ruislip seem quite decent and have been pleasantly treated in comparison.
My experience at citygate in ruislip - lying sales people, manager that doesnt care, technicians who answer the phone with 'bruv'....going to try maidenhead for my next service.
Stu13R
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: Fully loaded including Recaro seats
20" Cades Shift alloys with 245/30/20 Michelin Cup Sport 2 tyres
VWR Tracksport Coilovers, anti lift, wishbones and engine/gearbox mounts
Turbo back BCS Sports Powervalve exhaust with race cat & wrapped downpipe
VWR air intake and Stage 2 APR map

Post by Stu13R »

OmzY wrote:

My experience at citygate in ruislip - lying sales people, manager that doesnt care, technicians who answer the phone with 'bruv'....going to try maidenhead for my next service.
I have used Peter Coopers in Southampton for the 2nd time when buying a Roc and have to say they have been really good. I expect a certain amount of bull from sales staff as they get more money for doing more sales, but there has to be an acceptable limit.

The main thing that pleased me was their aftercare support, making sure someone was on late so I could get my car late on a weekend and contacting me back to make sure I had no issues and the handover was spot on.
dimexi
Options: Parking Sensors

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep
Comfort indicator blinks adjusted to 4
Windows close via rain sensor

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
Self installed VW OEM Bluetooth 7P6(L)
Self installed Cruise Control
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

OmzY wrote:

Answering the phone with "bruv" :| :| :|.... Why aren't people taught simple levels of being a professional nowadays. Stuff like that makes me walk
GTID
In: Candy White
Options: 19" rims
Full Leather
Pano roof
Parking sensors

Post by GTID »

OmzY wrote:

Never actually bought a car from them or used their service centre as I find them overpriced, however I can recommend dealing with a salesman there call Michael Mcdonald (not the country singer).

Extremely pleasant and professional whilst dealing with me although as I said car was too expensive so looked and bought elsewhere.
Cthejackal

Post by Cthejackal »

I agree about Citygate, but Citygate Watford in particular.

I'm so glad I didn't buy my Roc from them in the end. Dodgiest people going I had such a lucky escape. I emailed their management team with a complaint but didn't even get an acknowledgement so sod 'em.

Now when my customers say they're going to VW next door (I work in an Audi dealership at the mo) I pull a bit of a face and want to advise them against it but it'd just seem like i'm trying to steal sales lol.
jayroc

Post by jayroc »

I think the whole VW CITYGATE GROUP has major problem in delivering the minimum level of customer service and they have a total disregard for you and your vehicle. You use them at your own risk!!!
Jonnieposh
Options: Heated black leather
DCC
H&R springs
TOYO Boots

Post by Jonnieposh »

Opposite experience for me my ex bought a used mk6 golf,from Ruislip, It got dameeged in pre collection valet (nothing major) and sales became extremely illusive and refused to repair a dent to one of the doors and a scratch to the mirrors switchgear. In addition when I needed a new locking wheel nut key Ruislip wanted £130 ish to remove existing and supply a new set of locking bolts, slough removed and supplied new fkr around £65.
SBenn
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Urano Grey
Options: GT Black Edition

Post by SBenn »

Evening all, I bought my 2.0 TDI GT BLK ED - from Ruislip Citygate. The sales guys did everything they could for me and I’ve no faults with that side of the dealership.

However! The service side?! Oh my Days! I had a window fault from new, called them and it’s taken 4!!! Visits to the workshop for them to rectify it. They’d say collection times and wouldn’t stick to them. They’d promise phone calls and I’d hear nothing! When I asked for a good Will gesture after they’d rectified it they wanted to know “what kind of stuff was I into” No no I was after something for the car? “Oh no we can’t do that” Till I was like look just App Connect - then eventually the device manager agreed.

Unreal! I’m hoping when I move due to my work the closest dealerships will be more helpful than this one .

SB
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Paradox1 »

This thread is making me dread taking my car in for the ABS recall........