Scirocco 2.0tsi 09 reg

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
golf gti dude
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
With a: Manual box

Scirocco 2.0tsi 09 reg

Post by golf gti dude »

Good evening.

I am very close to buying the car below and just wondering if the price is good.

Few things ive noticed is that it is a july 09 build so has the new steering wheel and media input in the armrest. Its only done 33k so pretty good.

Few questions

Can i fit cruise to it?
The radio unit has PHONE on it does this mean it has bluetooth already linked in or is it prep only?

Link

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... GB&alt=web" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lee

Current : VW CC and Corrado vr6 storm
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Scirocco 2.0tsi 09 reg

Post by Cuprabob »

Yes, cruise can be easily retro fitted to.it.

No, just because it has rhe.PHONE button doesn't mean it has Bluetooth. Even if it was fitted as an.option to the car it would be the older rSAP version which doesn't connect to the latest phones.
golf gti dude

Post by golf gti dude »

Thanks. So i have to buy a new bluetooth module.. How hard is it to put my rns510 from my vw cc into the scirocco. I have a feeling they will be same plugs
Lee

Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

As long as you have the code for the RNS510 it will be a straight fit and yes you are looking at buying a BT module, which is normally located under the driver's seat.
golf gti dude

Post by golf gti dude »

Perfect. Any idea why they upped the bhp to a 210bhp in 2010. Just wondering was there any problems with that engine
Lee

Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

No problem with engime as I'm aware. Just product enhancement and to bring it into line with the output of the MK6 GTI.
golf gti dude

Post by golf gti dude »

Makes sense.

Does the car in the ebay listing look good, I was worried about the low mileage but all seems to check out.

What is the timing for a change to the cambelt?
Anyone got a price on price for rear parking sensors on the rocco?

Cruise (Box ticked)
RNS 510 (Box ticked)
New Bluetooth module (Box ticked)
Lee

Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

The EA888 engine fitted to that car has a timing chain, which in theory to last the life of the car. If you do a search on the forum you will see that some have had issues with the tensioner. A relatively cheap part to replacefor peace of mind.
golf gti dude

Post by golf gti dude »

Thats great news. Take it the ea3888 engine is the same as used in the 2.0tsi leon
Lee

lewihoga
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Salsa Red
Options: Rear parking sensors, Yeti Exhaust tips, Octavia RS Pedals, Bluefin remap, Full LED interior, RNS 510 retrofit with OEM bluetooth, VCDS MODS

Post by lewihoga »

Just to add it may not only need the bt module, it more than likely will need the mic and wiring harness too. That is of course if it doesn't have bluetooth installed which just because it has the phone button might not. The phone button is on all RCD 510's so it doesn't really represent anything. Also they've stated the car is market valued at 13,100 I personally would be keen to know why they have undervalued. That is an extremely good price for 2.0l bearing in mind it also has updated interior. I'm sure you have probably checked it out quite in depth though if you a very close to buying it. Mind you I say that's a good price, however, I live in Kent and within 30 miles of me the cheapest 2.0l updated interior is £14000!!! and its a ten plate with 45,000 miles!
golf gti dude

Post by golf gti dude »

Thanks for the reply 'lewihoga'. I have no idea why its so cheap... It has a warranty but not like the vw main dealer one.

Getting fed up of car hunting for a rocco now :(
Lee

skippy
In: Candy White
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

In have noticed that car does have a cloth interior as opposed to leather trim. The leather originally was an expensive option so cloth interior won't command the same resale value.
sciroccorich
Options: Black Leather, Parking sensors and RNS Satnav/DVD player

Post by sciroccorich »

Hi,

Lewihoga may have a point but check the amount of owners its had and whether it has a full VOLKSWAGEN service history, the advert on Ebay doesn't appear to state either. You should also do your research on the dealer as you are spending a lot of your hard earned money.

Just to compare, in march I brought my 2009 scirocco 2.0TSI (older steering wheel) from a Volkswagen dealer, it has black leather interior, parking sensors, sat nav (RNS 510) and in stunning blue. Its looks new, hasn't skipped a beat and it cost me £13000. Tried to upload a picture but for some reason this forum said my upload is invalid (not sure why).

It did take me 6 months to find because I didn't want to travel too far (30 miles), so my advice would be not to rush into it, look at a few like for like cars for the money and educate yourself with the comparisons. You be glad you did and you will find a great car, not to say the one you've looked at isn't.
sciroccorich

Post by sciroccorich »

Sorry I forgot to say mine had 35000 on the clock!
golf gti dude

Post by golf gti dude »

You got a good bargain there
Lee

sciroccorich

Post by sciroccorich »

I know and I absolutely love it. I had a 2001 Porsche boxster 3.2 S before this car, yes it was faster but this Scirocco is pretty quick and I seem to enjoy driving and owning it so much more, you won't be dissapointed.
selleym
In: Deep Black
Options: Mirror Pack

Mods:
Bonnet Struts
Metal Pedals

Post by selleym »

In May I managed to get a 59 plate 2.0 tsi white mfd with new style steering wheel. 27,000 miles from a VW dealer with a year VW used warranty for £13,000 was going for £14,000 but bargained it down. But that is the north!
Only optional extra it had was the mirror pack.

So no reason to worry that it is severely under priced.