Best time to sell/upgrade

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Jamie_liverpool
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: 2012 10,000 miles, candy white scirocco, dual climate control, rns-510 sat nav, Bluetooth, paddle gears, fogs, bluemotion,

Best time to sell/upgrade

Post by Jamie_liverpool »

Hi everyone,

Just looking for a bit of advice. Iv had my scirocco nearly 2 years now having paid cash for it. It's a 12 plate and got 31,400 miles on.

Because I paid outright for the car I'm wanting to keep as much value in it as possible. My manufacture warranty etc runs out in Feb 2015.

Is now the best time to part exchange this car in to keep as much value in it as possible? The problem is we are moving house in 2 months and expecting our first child in January so it's not a time to be paying out loads an loads in Finance, so I feel I'm in a catch 22 situation.

I'm looking at a 13 plate merc c class or the facelift scirocco.

Any advice would be great, thank you
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Best time to sell/upgrade

Post by Cuprabob »

Just keep it and buy an extended VW warranty for a few hundred quid. The longer you keep it the rate of depreciation reduces.
Jase1
I drive a: R-Line
In: Viper Green
Options: Leather
Parking sensors
19" Black Lugano
Cruise

Post by Jase1 »

Cuprabob wrote:Just keep it and buy an extended VW warranty for a few hundred quid. The longer you keep it the rate of depreciation reduces.
Where do you get the warranty from?
Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Jase1 wrote:
Cuprabob wrote:Just keep it and buy an extended VW warranty for a few hundred quid. The longer you keep it the rate of depreciation reduces.
https://www.volkswagenextendedwarranty.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As close as you can get to the factory warranty. They offer various options at different costs and excesses. To do it online you need to be within 30 days of expiry of the factory warranty but if you call them up, they will email you a table of options and costs.
skippy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

Yes - I agree with Bob, as you have paid for the car in full, simply keeping what you have got makes the most logical sense.
Jase1
Parking sensors
19" Black Lugano
Cruise

Post by Jase1 »

Cuprabob wrote:
Jase1 wrote:
https://www.volkswagenextendedwarranty.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As close as you can get to the factory warranty. They offer various options at different costs and excesses. To do it online you need to be within 30 days of expiry of the factory warranty but if you call them up, they will email you a table of options and costs.
I picked up a 3yr old scirocco from a main dealer, it had a few days left on the factory warranty. I wasn't even offered this. I know I've got 12mths warranty at the moment, peace of mind after this would of been nice though.

Sorry for hijacking this thread.
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

You can buy this warranty just before your current 12 month warranty.expires. I'm pretty sure the 12 month warranty.VW dealers give on approved used cars is this VW Mondial.warranty.
Jase1
Parking sensors
19" Black Lugano
Cruise

Post by Jase1 »

Cuprabob wrote:You can buy this warranty just before your current 12 month warranty.expires. I'm pretty sure the 12 month warranty.VW dealers give on approved used cars is this VW Mondial.warranty.
Thank you ;)