Window not dropping 'in time' before opening door

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
3t3p
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Post by 3t3p »

On passenger side, when I go to pull the door handle a lot of the time the window isn't being triggered to drop so the door can be opened in the proper manner.

It does do it, but often as the door is being pulled open i.e. slightly too late if that makes sense

No I am not yanking the door too quickly.

Is there a way to re-calibrate it all or is it a fault?
Gaz r
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
Options: Vienna leather
Rear parking sensors

Re: Window not dropping 'in time' before opening door

Post by Gaz r »

I was interested to see if anyone replied to this as i've had the same issue. When I open the drivers door I only need to pull the handle a little away from the body and the window drops. However on the passenger side I have to pull the handle out all the way and then the window drops, sometimes with a slight pause beforehand.
In fact a while back I was driving and suddenly I could hear road noise from the passenger side and then a second later it was gone a minute later it was back and then went again. From the drivers seat I couldn't see the top of the passenger window so didn't know what was happening. I heard it again and pressed the button to close the window and a minute later it was back.
I pulled over to have a look and the window was going up and down randomly. I went round to the passenger side and found the handle was not fully in and when pushed closed it stopped it completely. It hasn't happened again but the window still isn't as responsive as the drivers door.
The cars under warranty so if doesn't sort itself I'll take it in. I think I heard the window units are programmeable so maybe just needs resetting. Maybe someone on here knows.
I also wonder if it could be caused by passengers being a bit quick with the door or lack of use. These little gadgets are brill until they stop working, just hoping they're well built and I haven't bought a money pit. Time will tell!
DannyR
In: Viper Green

Post by DannyR »

In the convenience mode menu you can set them to drop when you unlock, see if that helps or does anything?

If not to recalibrate, jump in car and open both windows. Then do up both windows (holding the button, not one touch) but when it gets to the top keep hold of the button for about 5 seconds afterwards. Wait 5 seconds then hold the window up buttons again for about 5 seconds.

It's also worth doing this with the engine turned on for a little bit more power.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
vio3d
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Deep Black

Post by vio3d »

I have this problem with driver side - passenger side works fine - in factory manual is a roll-back note for one touch -
4.16 Electric window regulators: Checking
positioning (open and close functions)
Note
The automatic opening and closing features for the electric windows
do not function after disconnecting and reconnecting the
battery. Therefore, before a new vehicle is delivered, the window
regulators must be reactivated. Once the windows have been reactivated,
the battery must not be disconnected again.
WARNING
After batteries have been disconnected and reconnected the
roll-back function of the electric window regulators is disabled.
Severe pinching injuries could result!
– Switch on ignition.
– Close all doors and windows completely.
– Insert the ignition key in door lock and hold it in lock position
for longer than 2 seconds.
– Repeat this procedure again.
The one-touch opening and closing function is now ready for use.
– Switch off ignition.
I've try it - no effect due to fault coding ( after changing locking module ) Scirocco 1.4 Tsi
I will go to VW service to solve this .
cheapyandy

Post by cheapyandy »

Hi 3t3p, Gaz r, vio3d,

Did anyone get to the bottom of this? I have a similar problem on my passenger door on my 2010 Roc. I've just changed the window regulator (as window wasn't dropping at all) but when opening the passenger door from the inside the window does not drop until the door starts to actually move open, whereas the driver side window drops when the inside handle is pulled fully (the door begins to open without pushing it). I believe this may be the bowden cable (part#1K8837085B).

Gaz r,

I also see the 'sticky handle' (separate to this) was mentioned in http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 25&t=13098" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; where a new door handle carrier was suggested.

Thanks.
VLVN
In: Salsa Red

Post by VLVN »

Did anyone determine the cause of this? I have a feeling the part number 5N0837017E (https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-vol ... n0837017e/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) is the cause
cheapyandy

Post by cheapyandy »

VLVN wrote:Did anyone determine the cause of this? I have a feeling the part number 5N0837017E (https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-vol ... n0837017e/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) is the cause
Hi,

My issue only affected the passenger door inside handle (outside handle was fine). Basically, you would pull the inside door handle fully open and the window wouldn't drop (driver window would drop). Only when the door was pushed open the window would suddenly drop (basically slightly too late). I assumed it was the other bowden cable, but then I had the idea to move the door latch (where the door lock attaches to the bodywork). There is some movement in it once you undo the two screws and with a bit of trial and error I found the sweet spot which fixed my issue. I'm not sure if yours is just the inside handle or outer handle affected but sounds like it could be the bowden cable. Not sure if you have seen it or not but this link might be helpful?

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... en#p114570" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this helps.
GT88
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Pewter Grey
Options: 18" interlagos,dynaudio,autodiming rear view mirror,auto foldable mirros,fl steering wheel,color coded front bumper,cat back exsaust+stg1 tune.

Post by GT88 »

hello everyone....i have the exact same problem as above...

"Basically, you would pull the inside door handle fully open and the window wouldn't drop (driver window would drop). Only when the door was pushed open the window would suddenly drop (basically slightly too late)."

does anyone have the same problem?mine does it on the drivers side (left hand drive GREEK car :D )