Tailgate Buffers Challenge

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Cameronian
I drive a: R-Line
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box

Tailgate Buffers Challenge

Post by Cameronian »

Second Scirocco, same problem....tailgate buffers. On the previous car I replaced the buffers three times before I got the knack of FIRST setting the buffers using the internal locking expansion screw THEN turning the buffer about an eighth of a turn to release the locked spring - then operating the release caused the tailgate to pop up beyond the second latch position so I could lift it. Now I have the same challenge on a later car and ordered new buffers, which came without the spring facility so I ordered another pair using the reg of the previous car but they too came this time without the internal springs. The dealer can't help with the part number for the sprung option, neither can VW Technical...for goodness sake!! This is a silly fault that's making me grumpy! There are two buffer types, one has internal spring, one does not. Do you have springy buffers that pop the gate up a little way when you press the button???...if so, could you please tell me the part number which is embossed on the edge of the squishy rubber 'hat' section, please?
Roccoblue
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: Manual box

Re: Tailgate Buffers Challenge

Post by Roccoblue »

Pretty sure i have one at home - i'll check this evening.
Roccoblue

Post by Roccoblue »

Hi,

1K8827761D

the 'mushroom' is springy and i have these on my Scirocco and no issues with boot release. Hope it helps
Last edited by Roccoblue on Thu May 26, 2022 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cameronian

Post by Cameronian »

Right, I'll try that. Thanks so much. How much travel have you got on the unit...2mm...
10mm? I know it's a silly problem but it's 'got my goat'.
Cameronian

Post by Cameronian »

Well I really appreciate the input, that is the one I'm looking for. Much obliged.
Roccoblue

Post by Roccoblue »

No problem.

I have realised since posting you get much more results removing the '.' so i have edited my post incase anyone comes looking in future.
Cameronian

Post by Cameronian »

That's interesting, but which one did you remove as I see there's one still in there and I won't put one at the end of this sentence just in cases