Recaro Seats.. do they auto slide forward?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Babajang
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box

Recaro Seats.. do they auto slide forward?

Post by Babajang »

My scirocco has Recaro seats, the optioned ones, not aftermarket. I've always thought it was a bad design that they don't slide forward when trying to let somebody into the back of the car, when i pull on the release lever in the head rest it only allows the back of the chair to pivot forwards and backwards.. normal seats would allow it to slide along the rails as well.

So to let people into the back i have to use the seat adjustment to bring the seat forward on the rail then use the lever to pivot the rear fowards.. seems like a bad design or my seats aren't working properly... any one else with Recaro seats that can confirm if they are working as intended?

Thank you!
Phil
In: Night Blue
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Re: Recaro Seats.. do they auto slide forward?

Post by Phil »

Unfortunately the flaw of amazing seats.

I found i'd move the seat forward using the normal adjuster and then pull the release lever.

However, I rarely let anyone sit in the back in fear they would scratch the seats!!
Phil
Babajang
In: Indium Grey

Post by Babajang »

Looking at your spec, do you want to sell me your KW DCC coil overs ;)?

I think from a previous post you're the guy who bought the car with them already installed? Really looking for someone who can give me a comparison between standard and KW..
thecrofter
In: Rising Blue
Options: Tracker, Recaro Seats, Pano Roof, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, Black Gloss Folding Mirrors

Post by thecrofter »

As Phil says unfortunately that’s a feature. I’ve scratched mine just putting a laptop case behind the seat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2.0 TSi 280 R DSG Rising Blue / April 15 - 11 March 20
2.0 TDi 170 DSG R-Line Indium Grey / June 12 - April 15
2.0 GT TDi 170 DSG Salsa Red / May 10 - June 12
Phil
In: Night Blue
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

Babajang wrote:Looking at your spec, do you want to sell me your KW DCC coil overs ;)?

I think from a previous post you're the guy who bought the car with them already installed? Really looking for someone who can give me a comparison between standard and KW..
That's me! Sadly i'm not stripping the car at this moment in time but if I decide to i'll let you know
Phil