TSI 2.0 Acceleration stutter/hesitation

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
elmuckaa
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

TSI 2.0 Acceleration stutter/hesitation

Post by elmuckaa »

Hi,

I have a 2.0 TSI GT Scirocco 64k miles which is currently stuttering/hesitating when accelerating. The problem only happens occasionally and I notice a whooshing sound as the car stutters/hesitates which may indicate a boost leak somewhere? The fault occurs only when accelerating and can happen in any gear. It is more noticeable when accelerating hard.

I have searched all over the web for answers and there appears to be many possible causes. I have tried removing the MAF sensor plug to see if the problem resolved but to no avail. Every topic I see however the user describes the symptoms slightly differently to mine but very similar.

I have not noticed an engine light come on although i've not really been looking at the dash when the stuttering happens. The stutter usually lasts about 1-2 seconds and then the boost comes in strong and away you go.

If anyone has any advice or has had this matter resolved i'd greatly appreciate the help :) I love the scirocco and really want to see this fixed so I can enjoy it to its full potential.

Any more info required, let me know.

Cheers.
vasco fernandes
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
With a: Manual box

Re: TSI 2.0 Acceleration stutter/hesitation

Post by vasco fernandes »

maybe spark plugs or coil pack problem
elmuckaa
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: DSG box

Post by elmuckaa »

I'm going to try changing out the spark plugs over the next couple days. I've swapped round the coils and that didnt do much.

The stutter happens in any gear so I don't think it's related to the plugs/coils. Think it's boost related. Want to change the plugs anyway so won't hurt.
JHA17

Post by JHA17 »

I see this is a few years old but mine is currently doing the same thing. Did you ever get to the bottom of it?