Remap TSI - 158bhp

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
JordanHewitt30
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Tinted Windows, Black Alloys

Remap TSI - 158bhp

Post by JordanHewitt30 »

Hi All,

I'm looking into the possibility of remapping my 158bhp Scirocco and wanted to get some advice first, because I have seen a lot of problems with this.

Has anyone else remapped their Scirocco? If so, what remap would you recommend? Any advice on new parts for the engine etc. to compensate for the remap? Has anyone had any issues with their remap?

Can anyone share some advice on the above? :)
Ant_APAutomotive
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Re: Remap TSI - 158bhp

Post by Ant_APAutomotive »

Try Shark Performance, they have dealers nationwide.
salsajoe
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box
Options: multifunction steering wheel, fogs, 18" alloys; DAB; XDS activated, DRLs reset, lock beep activated; indicator repeat set to 4; covered cup holder, rear seat 12v socket installed. metal pedals, 210 Golf GTi also in the stable. Scirocco gone - miss it. Polo GTI now.

Post by salsajoe »

Depends how much you want to increase the bhp. Stage 1 with Shark performance or superchips are reliable and give a good increase (but not over the top). Then you have APR and Revo which folks say are more aggressive. If you do not want to increase the ECU flash count then go for a tuning box like DTUK. All remaps put some additional strain on the drive train and it seems that the most usual engine problems after a remap are coils and plugs but not that many. Clutch should be OK and also the manual gearbox. In my opinion if you have any doubts about the condition of the engine then get some advice before spending your money.
blower
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box

Post by blower »

APR is the most aggressive for the 1.4 TSI 160 on its stage 1 map - and i mean aggressive, more so than even a stage 2 revo. If you want maximum torque then APR is the one, however i have had issues with misfires on this map as it run's too rich at full load on some setups (due to injector revisions).
APR also runs the turbo in an uncontrolled state for a lot of the rev range, i.e. its at 100%, with an inability to read the actual boost pressure as its maxed out the signal from the sensors, so is free running with no effective N75 control.

Revo is your best bet i'd say - plenty of power without going too crazy and running the turbo without any control.
Dclostre97
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Post by Dclostre97 »

I’m driving a 1.4 tsi 198bhp (2009). Stage 1 remap with kingmaps. Looking at getting a airtec intercooler & scorpion performance exhaust installed. Opinions on this?
Also what else could I look at before the stage 2?
Any help would be useful, thanks.