Scirocco 2.0tsi | GTI Ed35 | Polo Blue GT | Ed35 Goes Home

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
clauuualc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box
Options: Revo stage 2.... 286 bhp, 472 nm

Re: Wigit's Rising Blue GT

Post by clauuualc »

you have dyno graph for stage 2?? some numbers at least:d have u got an intercooler?

How is it compared to stage 1....i got almost the same values as you for stage 1:P but i run it only on 95 fuel setting (don't know why:D)
2009 Scirocco 2.0TSI REVO stage 2: 294hp, 490Nm
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

clauuualc wrote:you have dyno graph for stage 2?? some numbers at least:d have u got an intercooler?

How is it compared to stage 1....i got almost the same values as you for stage 1:P but i run it only on 95 fuel setting (don't know why:D)
I'll post stage 2 graphs as they were done on an honest dyno so a bit more realistic in the real world :D
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
clauuualc
In: Indium Grey
Options: Revo stage 2.... 286 bhp, 472 nm

Post by clauuualc »

thank you:)
2009 Scirocco 2.0TSI REVO stage 2: 294hp, 490Nm
mujee
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: sun roof, touch screen radio

Post by mujee »

0-60 5.5sec :fall: Well Done Wigit Cars amazing :clap:
sciroccorocket
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Parking Sensors Pano roof Sat Nav

Post by sciroccorocket »

one magazine road tested a standard GT 200ps at 5.7 for the 0-60 so the 5.5 is easily possible
wigit

Post by wigit »

mujee wrote:0-60 5.5sec :fall: Well Done Wigit Cars amazing :clap:
not bad on a cold day two up with over half a tank of fuel driven by complete amateurs, i know how vw driver got their figures and its not something i'd do in my own car, in reality 0-60 never really interested me, in gear times do :)

car was dyno'd at Surrey Rolling Road given Charlie is impartial and generally bang on the money, 289bhp and 355lbft more than adequate and really holds the power well after 5,000 rpm

wigit

Post by wigit »

May 2011 Fresh Pork

never been a ran of the rocco/GTI front brakes, its not that they don't stop its just they aren't exactly progressive, also don't think the stock wheels aided resistance to fade as tds seemed to get a lot more air

debating going big brake kit but car was always modded as a fast road car which could cope with some track action

brake guru DaveB had developed the 4 pot porsche boxster upgrade which worked with stock disks, benefits are stock disks are cheap as and loads of pad variety, had them refurbed by DaveB in addition to some mk5 gti rears (mk5/early mk6 GTI calipers are different to roc and have marginally larger disk)

wanting to keep it understated these were refurbed in black, front calipers about half the weight of oem set up

also acquired some DaveB j hook disks with the kit

oem porsche damping shims alos acquired to keep the noise down, running mintex pads on these which can be a bit noisy but take a bit of heat and really stop well :yes:

eventually got them fitted the car and nice and understated

on the road these are superb and stood up well to a track session at Bedford better than the front tyres
Smidley
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Panoramic Roof, Sat Nav, 30Gb Hard Drive, Rear Parking Sensors, 6 CD Changer, Bluetooth Connectivity for Phone.

Post by Smidley »

Hi Wigit, lovely car mate!! Has your Rocco been lowered at all? If so, by how much? ...and what size wheels are the grey VW spoked please. Cheers mate.
wigit

Post by wigit »

Smidley wrote:Hi Wigit, lovely car mate!! Has your Rocco been lowered at all? If so, by how much? ...and what size wheels are the grey VW spoked please. Cheers mate.
car was lowered initally on kw springs, in the brake post its just on coilies but not dropped fully, there will be a further update to the thread with the coilovers on

the wheel size is in the post 18x8 et35, volkswagen racing spec TD pro Race 1.2s with oem centres
wigit

Post by wigit »

May 2011 TRS Tow Strap Time

never really liked the idea of the towing hook sticking out of the bumper in case I actually managed to hit something so decided to go TRS route, alas it wasn't mk5 gti simple given there is not a lot of space behind the towing eye cover, this also needed to be capable of withstanding towing

fortunately one of my clients is the department of engineering at oxford uni so one lunchtime a plan was hatched, spare towing eye gut down and formed into a 17mm bolt wheel could be screwed into place using the wheelbrace, slight widening of trs strap hole to take the bolt and then kit a slot in the towing eye cover

wigit

Post by wigit »

May 2011 Lowering Stick Round 2

at the time thought the car was going to be a keeper so decided to hit it with the lowering stick so went for Volkswagen Racing spec KW Inox V1s with ACC delete, these stiffer in set up to tock KW V1s so better suited to track, in reality the added benefits of V3s were a waste of time as i'd never change the settings, i did make the mistake of saying can you lower it another 10mm before a track session at bedford autodrome, awsome on track but needed raising

ACC delete kit

happy snaps from Bedford where car punched above its weight :yes:

wigit

Post by wigit »

July 2011 Roc and less roll with added grrr

issue with tsfi/tsi engined vags is you get wheel hop, and noticed some vibration under hard acceleration (at inters) and decided something wasn't' quite right, so top and gearbox mounts replaced with VWR ones, was going to go THS but KPM Racing had told me the VWR were more refined, problem cured and a little more noise int he cabin but now puts the power down

alos added were a set of VWR ARBs set softer on the front.

following this it was a focused road car with four leather seats, Jamal has been out in this and will vouch it does stick to the road well
wigit

Post by wigit »

November 2011 End of the Roccy Road

well its the end of the build thread, i did 1,500 miles through france in the summer and have so say it was a superb car on every road and realised i'd reached the point of what to do next and decision was made to go for an 3 door Edition 35 in carbon grey as fancy a new project

pics below are its parting shots from france in the summer, yes it a bit dusty but it was built to be driven and thoroughly enjoyed the 57k

capster
In: Deep Black
Options: Too many to list here, but everyone is a good un!!!!!

Re: Wigit's Rising Blue GT - End of the roccy road

Post by capster »

Cracking write up, are you trading in the roc or selling it privately?

Springs were picked up by the courier today and should be with you soon. :yes:
wigit

Post by wigit »

capster wrote:Cracking write up, are you trading in the roc or selling it privately?
Will set it privately in new year :yes:
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

Looks cracking mate, very purposeful. Good luck with the sale in the New year, do you have an ETA on the Ed35?
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
wigit

Post by wigit »

had my last drive in the rocco in modded form on saturday before dropping it off at KPM Racing in Silverstone (for them to undo most of their recent handywork), decided to drive it in stock tune (so not corrupted by power) to see what impact the modifications made, made even more fun that mrs w was in the GTI and had an extra 100bhp to play with, when she said what have we got to do to the GTI to make go round corners like that i had a wry smile

had the call to say its back to standardish on a set of eibachs (get a move on trix) and blimey i forgot how heavy the stock wheels are, KPM summed it up nicely 'compared to what is was it feels whishy washy with sh#t brakes'
jonallen628 wrote:Looks cracking mate, very purposeful. Good luck with the sale in the New year, do you have an ETA on the Ed35?
i had the last glimpse yesterday jon and thought the same, order has now been accepted by VW but awaiting more information
wigit

Post by wigit »

well picked it up from KPM today and was a bit of a shock, feels a bit mundane and not a drivers car in comparison, more GT cruiser, in reality i've come to the conclusion i can't do standard, most of the bits that have come off are with or off to their new owners so nice to know they have gone to good homes, looking forward to hearing the zorst

had a build week confirmed of 5 for the eddie 35, decided to hang onto a few bits for the golf which will get slapped on when run in

engine mounts
short shift
coilovers (golf springs coming but mrs w may get these and i may go v3s)
arbs
porsche brakes (looking like mrs is getting them and i'm going 6 pots)

going to do it the right way this time and chassis mods first ;)
jamesABT
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: air ride, abt kit, full custom interior, 19" rotis etc..

Post by jamesABT »

awsome :yes: :)
wigit

Re: Revo Stage 2 Rising Blue 2.0tsi (Edition 35 Content)

Post by wigit »

well after 3.5years of scirocco ownership and having put together a great fast road car it went to its new owner last week and i finally picked up its replacement today a GTI Edition 35 to join the GTI Pirelli and the Fiat 500TA, wanted a change and something a bit more discreet and tunable, spec is as follows:

3 door manual in carbon grey metallic with steel finish watkins glen alloys with the following options (no ACC box ticked as never rated it) with the following options :

RCD510
Dynaudio
Storage pack
Luxury pack
Parking sensors
Flat tyre indicator
Cruise control

first modifications added after an hour in the form of a 35 badges for the boot and interior:

then took it up for a trip to Daventry (so they can work some magic while i run it in)  :evilgrin:

finally the weather improved a bit so some quick shots

given this is not my daily driver and the other GTI will remain Stage 1 expect something a bit more focused than the rocco :D