Scirocco 2.0tsi | GTI Ed35 | Polo Blue GT | Ed35 Goes Home

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Scirocco 2.0tsi | GTI Ed35 | Polo Blue GT | Ed35 Goes Home

Post by wigit »

well its only taken me nearly three years to do one so thought i'd pull together a build thread of the rocco a car quote "i only intend to map it" of how things have evolved over time :yes:

the rocco was ordered on 26 July 2008 along with a GTI Pirelli (1 of 222 in UK), order book had only been open a couple of weeks so roc ordered having never driven it and having never seen the GTI in the flesh, didn't have a clue what the colour was then but went in armed with a copy of performance car saying i want that colour :D

golf arrived in september and rocco arrived a month after so a few pics of them:

so the rocco appeared looking a tad higher in the arch gap department than the press cars :cry:
Last edited by wigit on Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:25 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
wigit

Re: Wigit's Rising Blue Build Thread

Post by wigit »

March 2009 - Round One with the Mapping & Lowering Stick

had always originally planned on Revo both cars, having met Revo at MPH in 2008 and done my homework, small problem was they couldn't commit to timescales for the 2.0tsi :cry:

so decided to treat the car to a day out at APS to get some lowering springs on and Superchips for a map and dyno session

car was mapped at 7,000 miles and figures on their somewhat generous in hind sight dyno (more of that later) were 267bhp and 405Nm, oddly car didn't feel massively more powerful than the GTI with 227bhp (as in reality it wasn't)

took the car up on the weekend to the Cat & Fiddle meet when forums were a friendlier and more social place and had one of the best drives in the car coming back with LCM

a few more pics of car on springs at Ace Cafe and following a meet up with kev

my this point in time i'd met some serous modders on mk5golfgti who were proving to be a bad influence :cry:
Last edited by wigit on Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wigit

Post by wigit »

June 2009 - Who said vinyl was dead

looking back through the archives June 2009 was a busy month with an added splash of controversy :D

decided i wanted to go down a slightly different route with the roc compared to most and decided so start implementing the vinyl, got recommended to use Chameleon in Daventry by a few friends with Ed30s and R32s based on quality of work and value for money, reason for going vinyl work was so i can easily return the car to stock if i sell it (i read that with irony now) http://www.chameleonautographics.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

original plan was to do the gloss look but didn't tick the right boxes for me and in reality not a fan of the gloss on the grill, looked through a few samples against the car and decided to go for the CF wrap, all be it this meant a few more pieces needed to be done to tie the theme to gether and we had a play with a couple of bits, the bits done were

1) rear diffuser section of rear bumper
2) side sections to rear hatch
3) front grill
4) lower lip to bumper
5) front and rear badges

decided to leave the wing mirrors as a bit obvious (given the R and done to death) still looks good two years on, wrapping the badges posed a few challenges and i would recommend you paint them first if you go down this route :yes:

some general piccies

whilst in Daventry i popped in to see the guys at Revo about mapping the GTI and got talking about their tsi map for the rocco, a spin in their TT changes my perception on ride on lowered cars and made the mistake of drinking their coffee :D
Jane
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Gone forever.... :-((

Audi TTS... Making me :-)) again

Post by Jane »

Have you had to nip off to do the housework ? That's half a build thread !....

I'm wating for the rest :munch:
Jane

Post by Jane »

Oh it was work in progress... I'll Shut the Fook up :D :D
wigit

Post by wigit »

Jane wrote:Have you had to nip off to do the housework ? That's half a build thread !....

I'm wating for the rest :munch:
Jane wrote:Oh it was work in progress... I'll Shut the Fook up :D :D
taxi for BT :lol:
Jane

Post by Jane »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
wigit

Post by wigit »

June 2009 - First trip to Volkswagen Racing

with vinyl on a trip was made to Volkswagen Racing for the first time

in reality it was a cheap visit for a panel filter (all be it these are ludicrously priced these days)

filter old and new

short shifter which includes the metal side arm to replace the chungster/accountant cheap skate one :clap:

Car was all ready for the Scirocco Central/Mk5 Golf GTI Superchips rolling road day with figures arousing my suspicion i'd like a trip to an independent dyno lol :)

my rocco GT 268bhp and 420Nm
Strat's GTI Pirelli 262bhp and 349Nm from a totally stock car

the savy ones amongst you will have worked out either one car is making considerably more power than stock or one mapped car is making less compared to the stock car one of which sits on the driveway ;)

next instalment Revo Gate :)
wigit

Post by wigit »

Jane wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:
considering its taken me nearly three years you aren't expecting it one night are you :lol:

only now does it start to get interesting and expensive and may have to wait till i'm back from my holidays :nod:
Jane

Post by Jane »

Still waiting for Revo Gate..... :munch: :munch:
wigit

Post by wigit »

Jane wrote:Still waiting for Revo Gate..... :munch: :munch:
Or tuna wars lol
wigit

Post by wigit »

June 2009 - Day out at Marlin Motors Bletchley

well the GTI was always going to go Revo rather than Tuna, received a phonecall from Revo asking if i fancied a day testing their new tsi map (Milltek had kindly lent them a dsg tsi for development)

so off for a day out at Tuna stockist Marlin Motors of Bletchley for a spot of dyno testing on one of the warmest days of the year, wanted some base data on the dyno given some give awsome figures ;)

car had made 268bhp on Tuna's rollers but struggled to make 243bhp on the day, needless to say not great, more interestingly I was told my flash counter was at 7 as unlike on older tfsi engines Tuna handset didn't reset the flash counter

Revo performed quite well on that day, with the figures doing the torquing :yummy:

the car did dyno over 270bhp and 440Nm on the 104 map, however its set to run on 98 which was in the 260s

given Tuna was less than twelve months old it was reset and sold to a friend who is enjoying one of their maps on his Ed30 and can't fault their customer service :yes:

also little addition inside with r-line steering wheel badge (from Tiguan)

wigit

Post by wigit »

December 2009 - Roccy Road to Stage 2

life had been a bit eventful with the rocco having encountered a rogue house brick which did a nice job on the sump (ironically in the way back from dealers having had some warranty work done), was a slow leak but meant car being recovered from bristol on a flat bed

plan had always been for car to go Stage 2 so December 2009 car was deposited at VWR for a few days for a VWR turbo back exhaust non res, was meant to be satin black tails but due to some production issues arrived with chrome finish

also had the VWR lower subframe mount installed to stiffen things up a bit and take out some of the wheel hop (more of this later)

the non res won't be everyones cup of tea in terms of noise and nor the mount given you get a bit more vibration through the car at clutch bite, for me it would be hard now to imagine these now as car feels more involving :yes:
VW TT
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Leather, Phone Prep, Bluefin, Winter Pack, K&N kit, flux bulbs, LED interior bulbs, kw v1 coilovers, LED DRL's, Focal 165 speakers, 19" VMR V710 gunmetal

Post by VW TT »

In what way wouldnt the exhaust be to everyones taste? I was thinking of getting their non-res catback.....
wigit

Post by wigit »

VW TT wrote:In what way wouldnt the exhaust be to everyones taste? I was thinking of getting their non-res catback.....
in reality the full tbe is not exactly oem when pressing on, around town and at 70mph its not much more than stock with added burble but when you use the revs its a different animal, its noticeable compared to our GTI with stock zorst (kept at stage 1 for the reason i wanted something normalish), for me really adds to the experience but when you've gone full engine mounts and vwr damper/spring rates on your coilies its always going to be a very focused road car :D
wigit

Re: Wigit's Rising Blue GT

Post by wigit »

February 2010 ITG Time

next up on the list was an intake so off to ITG with Mr Pound for some development and fitting of the prototype maxogen

then pics of the production ready item

March 2010 Lack of Boost

revo diagnosed a boost leak on the car (which my dealer refused to believe) and yes it was the DV as early rocs were fitted with diaphragm version

replaced with Rev D (based on feedback from aftermarket alternatives ;) ) and no issues since

May 2010 - Ceramic Tip Time

trip to Milltek for ceramic tips for the zorst, still haven't seen another one on a roc yet

June 2011- Nice Pedal Action

Car had been running running development Revo Stage 2 Code and had been experiencing some clutch slip, so car carted off to VWR for a Sachs upgraded clutch with stock dmf retained, more than up to the job :yes:

wigit

Post by wigit »

July 2010 - Wheels for go rather than show

better late than never my VWR spec TD Pro Race 1.2s in satin anthracite turned up after a 2 month wait, these have metal spiggots and are 18x8 with ET 35, weigh in about 2.5kg less than stock 18s (if you go ET41 even more weight shed), has to be said the finish and quality is superb on these even havign run them for a while, not everyone's cup of tea but car was fro driving rather than sat in a field or the garage

to really carry these of i think you need to be on coilies

wigit

Post by wigit »

November 2010 Eurotuner Shoot

car had been running the production Revo 2 file which was an absolute cracker, got invited by Revo for a day testing at Bruntingthorpe and a feature with Eurotuner from the States given they don't get their mits on the rocco, great day especially around the short course 30mins with revo's GTI

the performance stats

some of my happy snaps

and the pics care of the professionals and Eurotuner (who have copyright on these but kindly let me use them) :yes:

wigit

Post by wigit »

jonallen628
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

:D
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....