Custom Scirocco R Build

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
cristispd
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Custom Scirocco R Build

Post by cristispd »

I am an automotive enthusiast and I needed a fast city car so I went for the Scirocco R. It was love at first sight back in 2008 but I actually ended up buying a Mitsubishi Lancer because I needed to wait 6 months for the Scirocco to come to our market. But after some time here we are together :)

My other car is a heavily modified Mercedes E Coupe(Bodykit from Prior Design, Amg break kit, KW V3 suspenssion and the list can go on..) but I want to sell it and will remain with the Scirocco till I find a new more family oriented premium car(not coupe :) ). I am thinking about the M3.

Now what I have already bought for the Rocco:
- Japan Racing JR 18 Wheels: http://jr-wheels.com/index.php?action=s ... kaj&kat=29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Carbon Cup Spoiler from good old aliexpress
- Carbon mirror covers
- Ingonoak tuning diffuser: http://www.ingonoaktuning.de/Shop2017/p ... cts_id=550" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Redesigned interior (I had the white alcantara one which I hate, now it will be alcantara + perforated leather with custom trimming, the same goes for the steering wheel)
- Ramair Intake
- Wagner intercooler
- I am still deciding between Armytrix and Milltek Exhaust and don't know if Armytrix is worth the difference
- EBC Turbo Groove brake discs
- KW DDC Susspension Plug and Play
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by cristispd on Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cristispd

Re: Custom Scirocco R Build

Post by cristispd »

Here is the design for the seats. Will post more when it is ready :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
roc82
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: Manual box

Post by roc82 »

Nice Rocco mate!
Do you have any pics with the new rear diffuser on?
Cheers :)
cristispd

Post by cristispd »

It is not installed yet. The car is still pending it's interior :) Will post pictures with further updates.
cristispd

Post by cristispd »

Long time, no post. The fact is the car isn't ready yet. I have done the interior which is stunning now. The status of the mods are:

1. Interior with alcantara/leather: DONE
2. Custom carbon spoiler - BOUGHT (NOT INSTALLED YET)
3. Custom carbon front lip - BOUGHT (NOT INSTALLED YET)
4. Custom carbon diffuser - BOUGHT (NOT INSTALLED YET)
5. RamAIR Oversized Intake - INSTALLED
6. HPFP - INSTALLED
7. Bosch 044 Race High Performance Fuel Injection Pump(This is the one that is in the back) - INSTALLED
8. Forge Motorsport VAG 2.0TFSI PCV Delete Plate - INSTALLED
9. Forge Motorsport Recirculating Valve and Kit - INSTALLED
10. Wagner Racing Intercooler - INSTALLED
11. Armytrix Exhaust and downpipe - BOUGHT (NOT INSTALLED YET) They sent me a wrong item in the package. Need to wait a little bit more for the correct part
12. Rear End Conversion (taiilgate, back bumper, lights) thanks to http://www.fznparts.nl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; where I found all the parts I needed
13. Folding Mirrors retrofit - BOUGHT (NOT INSTALLED) - Found them also on fznparts
14. The car will be wrapped in grey matte color with some nice pearl accent
15. KW V3 Variable Suspension - INSTALLED
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Paradox1 »

cristispd wrote:Long time, no post. The fact is the car isn't ready yet. I have done the interior which is stunning now. The status of the mods are:

1. Interior with alcantara/leather: DONE
2. Custom carbon spoiler - BOUGHT (NOT INSTALLED YET)
3. Custom carbon front lip - BOUGHT (NOT INSTALLED YET)
4. Custom carbon diffuser - BOUGHT (NOT INSTALLED YET)
5. RamAIR Oversized Intake - INSTALLED
6. HPFP - INSTALLED
7. Bosch 044 Race High Performance Fuel Injection Pump(This is the one that is in the back) - INSTALLED
8. Forge Motorsport VAG 2.0TFSI PCV Delete Plate - INSTALLED
9. Forge Motorsport Recirculating Valve and Kit - INSTALLED
10. Wagner Racing Intercooler - INSTALLED
11. Armytrix Exhaust and downpipe - BOUGHT (NOT INSTALLED YET) They sent me a wrong item in the package. Need to wait a little bit more for the correct part
12. Rear End Conversion (taiilgate, back bumper, lights) thanks to http://www.fznparts.nl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; where I found all the parts I needed
13. Folding Mirrors retrofit - BOUGHT (NOT INSTALLED) - Found them also on fznparts
14. The car will be wrapped in grey matte color with some nice pearl accent
15. KW V3 Variable Suspension - INSTALLED
Nice looking car.
You dont need injectors, your car will run horrible without a custom remap. id put the stock ones back in. you will be running very lean top end

Armytrix exhuast are ridiculous in price with no performance gain over the other but thats down to choice I suppose.

How do you rate the KW coilovers?
cristispd

Post by cristispd »

Paradox1 wrote: Nice looking car.
You dont need injectors, your car will run horrible without a custom remap. id put the stock ones back in. you will be running very lean top end

Armytrix exhuast are ridiculous in price with no performance gain over the other but thats down to choice I suppose.

Thanks mate. It will have a custom remap. I expect around 370 HP from it. The decision was made with a tuner that is expert in 2.0 engines. As for the armytrix I have got a good deal out of it. 300 Eur more than Milltek one but I think it sounds better and worth the difference. I want also to have the possibility to close the valves when I need it to be stock silent.

I have KW V3 on my Mercedes and I think they are the best investment I have made in that car. No problems with them and the car stability improved from being a whale on the road. I've sworn then, that I would buy KW suspensions for all my cars. One mention here for others that look for an investment in this. Don't buy the DCC ones. Because of the electronic damping they are not as good as the V3 version. I almost done this mistake because I didn't want to lose the button to set the rigidity but the tuner where I make the car that has a license and training at KW facilities helped me understand the differences. If you want better stability go with V3 and forget about the button. You will be able to set the height and rigidity with the tools they provide and it is not difficult to do.
Paradox1

Post by Paradox1 »

cristispd wrote:
Paradox1 wrote: Nice looking car.

Thanks mate. It will have a custom remap. I expect around 370 HP from it. The decision was made with a tuner that is expert in 2.0 engines. As for the armytrix I have got a good deal out of it. 300 Eur more than Milltek one but I think it sounds better and worth the difference. I want also to have the possibility to close the valves when I need it to be stock silent.

I have KW V3 on my Mercedes and I think they are the best investment I have made in that car. No problems with them and the car stability improved from being a whale on the road. I've sworn then, that I would buy KW suspensions for all my cars. One mention here for others that look for an investment in this. Don't buy the DCC ones. Because of the electronic damping they are not as good as the V3 version. I almost done this mistake because I didn't want to lose the button to set the rigidity but the tuner where I make the car that has a license and training at KW facilities helped me understand the differences. If you want better stability go with V3 and forget about the button. You will be able to set the height and rigidity with the tools they provide and it is not difficult to do.

The Injectors can flow up to 450 on a K04 Unit turbo but I guess its best to go with whatever your tuner recommends.

Having the valve in place is a good option. Sometimes we dont want to be loud all the time lol

Thanks for you input on the coilovers. I was looking at the KW DCC for the same reason. I'll look into the KW v3 instead
cristispd

Post by cristispd »

Some sneak previews of the carbon parts that will come to the car next week and the wrap color.
Alien_IROC
In: Viper Green
Options: ....IROC project....
@vw_iroc_project

Post by Alien_IROC »

Very good work and mods! I want to see the interior finished!
Gazonline
In: Oryx White

Post by Gazonline »

Nice :-)
cristispd

Post by cristispd »

It’s begining to look as a car. Retrofitted the facelift rear with functional hatch button.

I am scarred of how low the car is with kw v3 all the way down.
cristispd

Post by cristispd »

Armytrix exhaust needs a little more adjustment to go better with my diffuser. Hopefully, this is the last thing I need to do before it is finished.
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra

Post by Roy_01 »

Nice job lovely color!
cristispd

Post by cristispd »

Thank you. At first I was not sure about it but now seeing it on the car I like it very much. It is so clean and goes really nice with all the carbon fiber pieces. The carbon was custom made with carbon fibre weaves, not your usual carbon that you see now on cars. This one will resemble carbon even if you look at the car from distance.
Paradox1

Post by Paradox1 »

Lovely car,

Where did you get the splitter from?

In theory, it should fit on a TSI front Bumper too?
nlscirocco
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Cruise control/

Post by nlscirocco »

what kind of rear diffuser is that
cristispd

Post by cristispd »

nlscirocco wrote:what kind of rear diffuser is that
Paradox1 wrote:Lovely car,

Where did you get the splitter from?

In theory, it should fit on a TSI front Bumper too?
Thanks for the kind words guys. Both the splitter and the rear diffuser are custom made by my company. We will release a brand of custom carbon parts. If anyone is interested give me a PM and we can make you a version of your liking (you can choose the type of carbon for the parts).

Paradox1, as far as I know I think it should fit the TSI front bumper although it is for R. The size is the same as far as I know.
Alien_IROC
In: Viper Green
Options: ....IROC project....
@vw_iroc_project

Post by Alien_IROC »

Very good work, look so good!
Have you planned to remove the wiper?
cristispd

Post by cristispd »

I never thought of that. Maybe I will do it.

The car is almost finished.