Hungarian revo Stage 1 Scirocco

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Alien_IROC
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: ....IROC project....
@vw_iroc_project

Re: Hungarian revo Stage 1 Scirocco

Post by Alien_IROC »

SKGR wrote:Hello Guys!

@Powerflex transmission and engine mounts: They made vibrations very harsh and its almost unaccepatble for a daily drive so i am taking those out! I am sure its no problem for a track car but in the real life its very annoying. The car and even the windshield is shaking badly from 1000 to 1500 rpm....

Cheers,
SKGR
Very bad to ear that about powerflex engine mount, i think i will not buy them, i use the car daily and go to the track only 2/3 times a year....so i think i can do the same without them.
cristispd
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Post by cristispd »

Yes, same here. I had them for 3 days and wanted to throw the car in the trash. I have read many forums about the powerflex bushes but no one said the vibrations were so bad. :eyepop:

I have been recommended to try and put a diesel engine lower engine mount(red one) and it will have less vibrations but I don't know what to say.. don't want to try and then take it out again. Maybe someone who has fitted can confirm.
vladandrei51
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Night Blue
Options: REVO Stage 2
Wossner Forged Pistons
Fox Sportauspuff Quad-Exhaust
VWR VW Racing CAI
3" catless downpipe & 3" catback (custom)
S3 intercooler
De-Cat / De-Res
03C906036M Injectors
NGK BKR7EIX Spark Plugs
NGK U5002 48003 Coil Pack
Revised Timing-Chain

Post by vladandrei51 »

SKGR wrote:Thank you for your feedback!

About the turbo inlet, when i was in Romania for the stage 1 tune they told me if i ever want to go stage 2 i should change the pipe because it can crack at stage 2 boost levels... So i went for the TMG peformance turbo inlet pipe. It wasnt cheap if you think about its basicly a short silicone pipe wich i am sure if you do the right measurments you can make one for yourself. If you look at the greek TMG performance FB page they did a dyno run with their pipe and it made around +5-6 hp over the OEM one on a stage 2 car.

Here is my stage 1 dyno graph with the VW Racing CAI, Scirocco R catback and Golf R intercooler and NGK SIZFR6B8EG plugs. You can see a little problem around 3200 rpm. That is fixed now, for some reason the GFB Dv+ was sticking and we had to oil up the piston again, now it work as it should. The car made 233 hp and 317 Nm. As you said the stage 2 wont give us that much HP gains but i will be very happy with torque around 350 Nm ;). And btw are you using the NGK BKR7EIX plugs for the stage 2?

Cheers
Gabor
Yes, I put the BKR7EIX plugs before stage 2, when I fitted the new injectors. I had the same plugs as you have running stage 1 and to be honest I can't feel any difference with those plugs (a lot of people mention rough idle), for what is worth I didn't even feel any difference going de-cat, no smoke, no sound difference, no check engine light, my gf mentioned how my car smells like gas outside but nothing inside, not even with the windows down on a traffic jam. I believe a lot of people exaggerate or point out the worst case scenario :rolleyes:

It still baffles how you made almost as much power as I do on stage 1, I believe it's either your DV+ or the fact that I have shitty tires, which are also 19" (not sure if it counts on dyno). You will break the 250hps for sure :clap:

If anyone's interested I put all my mods in the "options" category on my profile :D

Also, thanks for your turbo inlet feedback. Keep us updated
vladandrei51
Wossner Forged Pistons
VWR VW Racing CAI
S3 intercooler
De-Cat / De-Res
03C906036M Injectors
NGK BKR7EIX Spark Plugs
Revised Timing-Chain

Post by vladandrei51 »

What coils do you run? I'm tempted to pull the trigger for R8 coils but, considering other mods I want to add, this will get too expensive and I'm trying to cut out (at least as of now) the unnecessarily mods.

I believe that unless you get misfires, investing in new coils is a waste of money right? Have you checked for misfires in any way as of now? I'm not talking about power-cut misfires that you can actually feel when going WOT or whatever, I'm talking the ones you don't feel and are registered by ECU.
SKGR
Options: Game oveR

Post by SKGR »

Hi,

I am using NGK coilpacks part number: 036905715G. Absolutley no missfire since i own the car. I fitted these new coils before the stage 1 tune.

About the R8 coils, its not realy neccesarly you can ready some interesting stuff here :

"Number 2 are the coil pack coming directly from NGK and don`t rush to thing about the red ones(R8) which do not fit directly and need a ridiculous adapter that relocates everything on its way. Those NGK coil packs with the code : 48003-u5002 are used on 1000hp builds in rb26 Engines and not only, so be sure that they can definitely fit the needs of a 1.4 tsi engine with 300hp or 400hp, so don`t through your money away for nothing" GT Innovation.de

I am following this build since they guy looks like he realy knows what he is doing. ;)

http://www.gt-innovation.de/wordpress/t ... tage1-2-3/

Cheers,

SKGR
vladandrei51
Wossner Forged Pistons
VWR VW Racing CAI
S3 intercooler
De-Cat / De-Res
03C906036M Injectors
NGK BKR7EIX Spark Plugs
Revised Timing-Chain

Post by vladandrei51 »

Damn, there's a ton of info there, thanks for the link :clap: :clap:

Just one more question, when you said you've never had a misfire you mean you've never felt a cut of power on WOT kind of misfire or you've been logging misfire count of the car? If so how did you do it?

I have a cheap-ass bluetooth obd2 adapter and torque pro but it seems like we need either vcds or obdeleven for such things in VAG cars :shrug:
SKGR

Post by SKGR »

vladandrei51 wrote:Damn, there's a ton of info there, thanks for the link :clap: :clap:

Just one more question, when you said you've never had a misfire you mean you've never felt a cut of power on WOT kind of misfire or you've been logging misfire count of the car? If so how did you do it?

I have a cheap-ass bluetooth obd2 adapter and torque pro but it seems like we need either vcds or obdeleven for such things in VAG cars :shrug:
Never felt like a missfire or any error codes... oh god fingers crossed :D
vladandrei51
Wossner Forged Pistons
VWR VW Racing CAI
S3 intercooler
De-Cat / De-Res
03C906036M Injectors
NGK BKR7EIX Spark Plugs
Revised Timing-Chain

Post by vladandrei51 »

I was asking because lots of folks use obd11 to monitor misfire counts per cylinder and while they don't feel a misfire, the count goes up to a pretty big number :/
SKGR

Post by SKGR »

What oil are you guys using in your tuned 1.4 engines?
vladandrei51
Wossner Forged Pistons
VWR VW Racing CAI
S3 intercooler
De-Cat / De-Res
03C906036M Injectors
NGK BKR7EIX Spark Plugs
Revised Timing-Chain

Post by vladandrei51 »

Up until rebuilding the engine I was using LM TopTech 4200 5w30, now I wanted to switch to 5w40 and since I use my car as a daily driver I couldn't justify going for Millers CFS so I gave ravenol VSI a shot. No oil burnt in 2k km, everything seems ok.
SKGR

Post by SKGR »

Its been a while sice i posted. A couple of weeks ago an idiot managed to crash into my car so i had to delay the revo stage 2 tune. My car is now finally fully repaired also had a 2 stage paint correction on it :). FInally getting the stage 2 tune next month! Here are some pictures of the results i am more then pleased with it.

Cheers
SKGR
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.