Hungarian revo Stage 1 Scirocco

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Re: Hungarian revo Stage 1 Scirocco

Post by Paradox1 »

SKGR wrote:@Paradox - i know its not for everyones taste but i do like a motorsport style wheels, they are Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 18” and ET 41 i got them for a very low price...these will be my winter wheels after the new ones arrived.

@spuf - i am running an updated intercooler now from a golf 7 R, and its not very effective if i am honest... based on feedbacks the frount mounted coolers are the best choice for stage 2 1.4 twincharged cars, also the summers are very hot in hungary. I am not worried about the increased turbo lag, had a chat with forge motorsport engineers and they told me it shouldnt be a problem as they tested these coolers on their project cars. You can have twintercooler from AIRTEC too for a bit lower price.

It was a compliment, i like them :)
SKGR
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Game oveR

Post by SKGR »

The most important upgrades are finally arrived. A big thanks for awesomegti for their great customer service and fast shipping!

Still waiting for my new wheels and for my downpipe :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alien_IROC
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
Options: ....IROC project....
@vw_iroc_project

Post by Alien_IROC »

A lot of performance upgrade! Very good! Keep update!
Let me know the difference in comfort between the AP coils and KW coils when you install them.
SKGR

Post by SKGR »

Thank you :). All these new parts will be installed in march, waiting for spring to come :). I realy hope the KW's will be better in ride, because the AP is not realy for my taste... maybe i am getting a bit old but sometimes its shaking my bones out, cant tolerate that anymore :\.

Cheers
SKGR
cristispd
I drive a: Scirocco R
With a: DSG box

Post by cristispd »

It will be more comfortable, I guarantee. I would have gone for KW V3 as the best option from KW where you can tweak all you need for your suspension system(i know they are a little bit expensive but the difference is there and it costs). I opted for them in all my cars. In my scriocco I was thinking about the DCC option but after speaking with some of my friends that got DCC in their cars I went for the V3 instead. Speaking of the KW DCC, they said that they don't feel the ride like they do with the V3.
SKGR

Post by SKGR »

@cristispd I know the V3 is a very serious piece of kit, possibly the ultimate coilover for a scirocco. I was only focusing on the ride comfort, i will never track my car tbh. Thinking about raising up the car with the KW SC setup with 1 cm because its a daily drive and if we go to a big shopping sometimes the rears can rub the arches :\.

Also some more inserts from powerflex arrived today:

PFF85-532 and PFF85-530 for the engine and gearbox.

Cheers,
SKGR
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SKGR

Post by SKGR »

Small update:

Finally my new wheels are here!

Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.3: 18 inch,8.5 wide & ET 35 In Gloss Antrachite!

Now only waiting for my downpipe from HG-Motosport :). I have gone for a 100 cell sports cat downpipe from Bull-X.

Cant wait to finaly fit these new parts!

Cheers,
SKGR
SKGR

Post by SKGR »

The day has finally come. We started working on the car with my mechanic friend. The downpipe arrived just in time.... also fitted the michelins on the new wheels. We painted the calipers then gave them brembo stickers. I think it will look epic, hopefuly everything goes as it was planned. Next week we will upload the Revo Stage 2 software ;).
vladandrei51
In: Night Blue
Options: REVO Stage 2
Wossner Forged Pistons
Fox Sportauspuff Quad-Exhaust
VWR VW Racing CAI
3" catless downpipe & 3" catback (custom)
S3 intercooler
De-Cat / De-Res
03C906036M Injectors
NGK BKR7EIX Spark Plugs
NGK U5002 48003 Coil Pack
Revised Timing-Chain

Post by vladandrei51 »

Nice, curious to read from you how stage 2 100 RON feels. Will soon finish my break in (fitted in Wossner pistons :D ) and will go for stage 2 myself from stage 1.

Dyno says I was making 225 hp on 95 gas and stage 1 software 98 RON ( I know I fucked up when I fueled up but I emptied it fast so it was whatever), which on one hand seems too optimistic of an increase but on the other hand, it made a really big difference. Guys at revo said stock are rated at @160-170 hp. What are your thoughts on those increased numbers?
SKGR

Post by SKGR »

The built is almost done ! :) it wasnt easy but managed to put everything on. Now i just need free time for the stage2 tune.

Cheers
SKGR
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Paradox1 »

SKGR wrote:The built is almost done ! :) it wasnt easy but managed to put everything on. Now i just need free time for the stage2 tune.

Cheers
SKGR

Car is looking great, good feeling when your nearing the end of the build.

Does the stock wheels fit over those brakes?
Does the Red smaller engine front book make much difference over the Purple/Yellow one?
spuf

Post by spuf »

So far so good. About your stage 2... I know you like Revo, but have you ever considered the real masters, aka Revlimit or TMG? After my Revo stage 1, BBM Motorsport stage 2 and now Revlimit stage 2, I can say I will never ever try off the shelf remaps(as in Revo).
vladandrei51
Wossner Forged Pistons
VWR VW Racing CAI
S3 intercooler
De-Cat / De-Res
03C906036M Injectors
NGK BKR7EIX Spark Plugs
Revised Timing-Chain

Post by vladandrei51 »

Revo has a shit ton of experience with the twincharger, afaik they solved the fueling issue in the ECU software long before VW did (24S4 update), so they're familiar with its ups and downs to say the least. From a reliability stand point I don't see an issue going for REVO, plus I don't have to pay the full price for stage 2 since I already have their Stage 1 :D

And for what is worth, the car overall feels smoother with revo's stage 1 than it did stock. I'm not saying those companies are not as good, I'm saying the twincharger in this scenario for revo isn't just one out of 100 engines they support, tweak the boost and AFR ratio a little and voila.
Alien_IROC
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
Options: ....IROC project....
@vw_iroc_project

Post by Alien_IROC »

Did you installed the strongflex engine mounts and other powerflex mounts? i ask this because i want to buy the same componets, but i want to know if the comfort (like vibratios) still acceptable.
SKGR

Post by SKGR »

Hello Guys!

Sorry for the late reply, was pretty busy in the last days.

@Revo tune: I choose them because of the experience they got with the twincharger and mostly because there is no other professional tuner company anywhere near me :(.
@Powerflex transmission and engine mounts: They made vibrations very harsh and its almost unaccepatble for a daily drive so i am taking those out! I am sure its no problem for a track car but in the real life its very annoying. The car and even the windshield is shaking badly from 1000 to 1500 rpm....

Overall the car feels fantastic, the KW coilovers are very very good! Made the ride much more smoother. I can feel a slight performance gain even without the stage 2 software thanks to the BullX downpipe and the TMG turbo inlet pipe. I am looking forward for the dyno results next month.

My next 2 projects will be CAE quick shifter and a limited slip differential from wavetrac! Search them up on google guys, those upgrades will add more happiness thats for sure :).

Here are some pictures:

Cheers,
SKGR
vladandrei51
Wossner Forged Pistons
VWR VW Racing CAI
S3 intercooler
De-Cat / De-Res
03C906036M Injectors
NGK BKR7EIX Spark Plugs
Revised Timing-Chain

Post by vladandrei51 »

@SKGR: Your car looks amazing man.

Glad to hear our ride is good, my car's ex-owner fitted in some coilovers(not sure about the brand) which are super stiff, might change that in the future, good to have your topic as a benchmark :vibes:

I've scheduled my stage 2 at revo for friday this week, super excited :D

Just de-catted my car today (I know some might recommend a sports-cat instead) and fixed some tiny exhaust leaks.

The mysterious random vibrations I had at idle disappeared so there's that :rolleyes: , not sure what's that de-cat's gotta do with that but I can't complain, other than that no sound difference, no smoke, and I feel it little tiny bit slower around town but maybe I'm wrong (only been like 3 km)
SKGR

Post by SKGR »

Thank you!

Keep us updated how the stage 2 tune went! Could you share some dyno figures aswell pls?
spuf

Post by spuf »

The wheels are stunning! Looking great, man!
vladandrei51
Wossner Forged Pistons
VWR VW Racing CAI
S3 intercooler
De-Cat / De-Res
03C906036M Injectors
NGK BKR7EIX Spark Plugs
Revised Timing-Chain

Post by vladandrei51 »

SKGR wrote:Thank you!

Keep us updated how the stage 2 tune went! Could you share some dyno figures aswell pls?
Sure, in few words since this is your thread, I got up to 240hp-ish, so definitely not that brutal of a difference like stock -> stage 1. The difference up to 3500 rpm is not that big (by dyno figures) but after that the power and torque curve (350-360 Nm btw) rockets up. Car feels more eager to go at low rpm when you lightly accelerate and at high rpm it really feels that it pulls harder, as I said, not that big of a difference as going from stock to stage 1, but an improvement nonetheless.

I have the dyno sheet of stage 2 and stage 1 plotted on the same graph in my car so I can share that with you if you'd like.

Also, they recommended me that I get a turbo inlet pipe as well. A lot of people online might argue that this is really necessary/doing anything, could you chime in and tell us if it is worth it? Does it make a noticeable improvement in performance / sound?

Lastly, even with 100 RON gas (from Petrom, might help Romanian users here) and the Millers fuel additive, the 100 RON tune pulls 1-2 degrees of timing at high rpm, so you should really stick to the best gasoline you can find if you choose to go for the 100 RON tune.

Really looking forward to your input on the turbo inlet pipe and your feedback on stage 2 when you get it :D
SKGR

Post by SKGR »

Thank you for your feedback!

About the turbo inlet, when i was in Romania for the stage 1 tune they told me if i ever want to go stage 2 i should change the pipe because it can crack at stage 2 boost levels... So i went for the TMG peformance turbo inlet pipe. It wasnt cheap if you think about its basicly a short silicone pipe wich i am sure if you do the right measurments you can make one for yourself. If you look at the greek TMG performance FB page they did a dyno run with their pipe and it made around +5-6 hp over the OEM one on a stage 2 car.

Here is my stage 1 dyno graph with the VW Racing CAI, Scirocco R catback and Golf R intercooler and NGK SIZFR6B8EG plugs. You can see a little problem around 3200 rpm. That is fixed now, for some reason the GFB Dv+ was sticking and we had to oil up the piston again, now it work as it should. The car made 233 hp and 317 Nm. As you said the stage 2 wont give us that much HP gains but i will be very happy with torque around 350 Nm ;). And btw are you using the NGK BKR7EIX plugs for the stage 2?

Cheers
Gabor