My Deep Black Roc

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Daz GT TSI
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Panoramic Sunroof, Heated Leather, Nav, Parking Sensors, H&R Lowering Springs, Revo Intake, Resonator Delete

Re: My Deep Black Roc

Post by Daz GT TSI »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Instagram: _daryll
Zanic L3
Options: Stage 2, Catless DP, Milltek catback.

Post by Zanic L3 »

Daz GT TSI wrote:Well, if you’re looking for a simple mod, and relatively cheap, I couldn’t recommend getting the Resonator Delete enough, especially if you’ve got DSG
The farts/crackles are insane just from one silencer being replaced with a straight pipe, big big big smiles from me
Head down to EMP Performance it’s only £90 [emoji32]

Nice, do you reckon this is worth more then a full custom exhaust? (Price!)

I'm looking to do something about the sound of my scirocco in the summer. Do you know if removing the mid resonator will still get it through the yearly checkup (belgium) fine?

Any clips? :D
Daz GT TSI
Options: Panoramic Sunroof, Heated Leather, Nav, Parking Sensors, H&R Lowering Springs, Revo Intake, Resonator Delete

Post by Daz GT TSI »

Zanic L3 wrote:
Daz GT TSI wrote:Well, if you’re looking for a simple mod, and relatively cheap, I couldn’t recommend getting the Resonator Delete enough, especially if you’ve got DSG
The farts/crackles are insane just from one silencer being replaced with a straight pipe, big big big smiles from me
Head down to EMP Performance it’s only £90 [emoji32]

Nice, do you reckon this is worth more then a full custom exhaust? (Price!)

I'm looking to do something about the sound of my scirocco in the summer. Do you know if removing the mid resonator will still get it through the yearly checkup (belgium) fine?

Any clips? :D
100% worth it mate, I’m currently saving for a full system, but in the meantime like yourself just wanted a bit more noise and for £90 I couldn’t resist
I’m not sure about the yearly check in Belgium? I don’t see why it wouldn’t though?
I have a few clips but nothing great, sounds so much better in person

Daz GT TSI

Post by Daz GT TSI »

Apologise for the short clip, will try and get a video from outside the car soon " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bops
I drive a: R-Line
In: Viper Green

Post by Bops »

I've been having some mixed results with my exhaust mods. Started by removing the rear suitcase muffler & drove it for about a month with the factory resonator. The farts were insane. Loved it. With just a resonator in the middle, it was too loud for general driving plus there was a rattle in the res at 2k rpm so decided to replace the res with a slightly larger round straight thru box. The car sounds great during normal driving but the farts are almost gone. The muff guys assured me the farts will come back once the new muff beds in. Not sure about that. Will have to wait & see.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Paradox1 »

Bops wrote:I've been having some mixed results with my exhaust mods. Started by removing the rear suitcase muffler & drove it for about a month with the factory resonator. The farts were insane. Loved it. With just a resonator in the middle, it was too loud for general driving plus there was a rattle in the res at 2k rpm so decided to replace the res with a slightly larger round straight thru box. The car sounds great during normal driving but the farts are almost gone. The muff guys assured me the farts will come back once the new muff beds in. Not sure about that. Will have to wait & see.

Its annoying isnt it. I fitted a downpipe to stock cat back and it was loud and DSG farts were ridiculous lol

I then got a resonated miltek and lost my DSG farts. swapped that for a cobra non resonated box and now its back with a vengeance
Bops

Post by Bops »

Annoying is an understatement. I've been back to the exhaust shop 3 times now. Still not right.

How loud is the car with the non resonated system?

Tapatalking ...
Paradox1

Post by Paradox1 »

Bops wrote:Annoying is an understatement. I've been back to the exhaust shop 3 times now. Still not right.

Tapatalking ...
Too loud! lol

Cold start isnt too bad

but when driving over 3.5k its a bit much. Motorways journeys can be irritating
Bops

Post by Bops »

That's the dilemma
I don't know what to do ... as it is, it sounds perfect under normal driving but no fatrs

Are you going to keep yours non resonated ?

Tapatalking ...
Paradox1

Post by Paradox1 »

Yeah its hard to get it right tbh.

I think im going to put a resonator in mine at some point. I dont think i'll pass a sound test on a trackday. if i do it wont be my much lol
scottwilliams97
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: APR Stage 1, Milltek non-resonated catback and decat system, H&R Springs, Full Black leather, Upgraded Dynaudio speakers, Panoramic sunroof, Rear parking sensors.

Post by scottwilliams97 »

Paradox1 wrote:Yeah its hard to get it right tbh.

I think im going to put a resonator in mine at some point. I dont think i'll pass a sound test on a trackday. if i do it wont be my much lol
Less of that bro :lol: - we can both be banned from track days together. :clap: :clap: I know you secretly love waking your neighbours... i do :shrug:
Daz GT TSI

My Deep Black Roc

Post by Daz GT TSI »

Bops wrote:I've been having some mixed results with my exhaust mods. Started by removing the rear suitcase muffler & drove it for about a month with the factory resonator. The farts were insane. Loved it. With just a resonator in the middle, it was too loud for general driving plus there was a rattle in the res at 2k rpm so decided to replace the res with a slightly larger round straight thru box. The car sounds great during normal driving but the farts are almost gone. The muff guys assured me the farts will come back once the new muff beds in. Not sure about that. Will have to wait & see.

I was always told take the middle Resonator out and not the back, and then on a new system make sure you have one in the middle and not one at the back.. this is what I’m going for when I do get it done Image
Hopefully you can sort it mate, if you have had enough of the place you go to, depending where you are, I literally couldn’t recommend EMP (@ St Albans) enough, great service for myself and heard so many good things about them from so many people
Or Deutsch Tech @ Milton Keynes

Last edited by Daz GT TSI on Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daz GT TSI

Post by Daz GT TSI »

Paradox1 wrote:

Its annoying isnt it. I fitted a downpipe to stock cat back and it was loud and DSG farts were ridiculous lol

I then got a resonated miltek and lost my DSG farts. swapped that for a cobra non resonated box and now its back with a vengeance
Did you notice many gains from just the downpipe mate?

Daz GT TSI

My Deep Black Roc

Post by Daz GT TSI »

MOT Passed with flying colours at 39k
Insurance renews tomorrow and it’s dropped £1000 [emoji33] (yes I paid a lot for the first year) worth it? Yes lol
And these arrived today
Fresh rubber, places were quoting me £155 to supply and fit, managed to get them online at MyTyres.co.uk for £122 per tyre and my mate is gonna fit them for £20, bonus

Last edited by Daz GT TSI on Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daz GT TSI

Post by Daz GT TSI »

Paradox1 wrote:
Bops wrote:Annoying is an understatement. I've been back to the exhaust shop 3 times now. Still not right.

Tapatalking ...
Too loud! lol

Cold start isnt too bad

but when driving over 3.5k its a bit much. Motorways journeys can be irritating
You got any videos?

Bops

Post by Bops »

It was more responsive. Less turbo lag especially when the car was in 6th & needed to downswing in full auto.

I'd like to say faster but I think it was more the case of me driving it harder to hear the DSG cracks.
Daz GT TSI wrote:
Paradox1 wrote:

Tapatalking ...
Bops

Post by Bops »

Cheers :)

Have another session this Saturday at the same place. Going to give it 1 more go.

Plan is to swap out the 6" for a 4" straight thru.

Will post some pics when it's done.
Daz GT TSI wrote:

I was always told take the middle Resonator out and not the back, and then on a new system make sure you have one in the middle and not one at the back.. this is what I’m going for when I do get it done Image
Hopefully you can sort it mate, if you have had enough of the place you go to, depending where you are, I literally couldn’t recommend EMP (@ St Albans) enough, great service for myself and heard so many good things about them from so many people
Or Deutsch Tech @ Milton Keynes

Tapatalking ...
Bops

Post by Bops »

Nice. I just put on a set of Pilot 4S yesterday. What a difference in handling & no more wheel spin.
Daz GT TSI wrote:MOT Passed with flying colours at 39k
Insurance renews tomorrow and it’s dropped £1000 [emoji33] (yes I paid a lot for the first year) worth it? Yes lol
And these arrived today
Fresh rubber, places were quoting me £155 to supply and fit, managed to get them online at MyTyres.co.uk for £122 per tyre and my mate is gonna fit them for £20, bonus

Tapatalking ...
Daz GT TSI

Post by Daz GT TSI »

Bops wrote:It was more responsive. Less turbo lag especially when the car was in 6th & needed to downswing in full auto.

I'd like to say faster but I think it was more the case of me driving it harder to hear the DSG cracks.
Daz GT TSI wrote:
Paradox1 wrote: Its annoying isnt it. I fitted a downpipe to stock cat back and it was loud and DSG farts were ridiculous lol

Tapatalking ...
Hahah I know what you mean, I haven’t stopped thrashing it since having my reso delete..
Let us know how you get on at the weekend then mate, hopefully you get the beloved farts back ay!

Daz GT TSI

Post by Daz GT TSI »

Bops wrote:Nice. I just put on a set of Pilot 4S yesterday. What a difference in handling & no more wheel spin.
Daz GT TSI wrote:MOT Passed with flying colours at 39k
And these arrived today

Tapatalking ...
Did you have Eagle F1’s on before? I have heard really good things about the Pirelli Pilots but just wanted to stick with the same.