Deep Black Scirocco R build (Subtle mods/changes)

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Tymondo
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: R - APR Stage 2+, Milltek cat back no resonated, Peron Intercooler, Forge hoses, Anti-Lift Kit, RS4 FPRV, VWR Induction, VWR Springs, GFB DV+, NGK Iridium plugs. Cup Spoiler and Maxton Splitter, Side skirts and diffuser.
GT TDI - Now sold

Deep Black Scirocco R build (Subtle mods/changes)

Post by Tymondo »

Hi All,

Thought i would share with you the progress of what im trying to achieve with my R. It’s a 2011 Deep Black R and im going to try my best to keep things OEM+

I won’t be going any further than stage 2+ on the car. After stage 1 i will then turn my attention to some cosmetic changes. A lot of my inspiration has come from these forums and constantly seeing others has encouraged me to start a project of my own.

Future mods that i have planned; APR stage 1, VWR Induction, GFB DV+, APR stage 2 HPFP upgrade, VWR Lowering springs, MTEC disks, Yellowstuff pads, tinted windows, OEM Cup Spoiler. Who knows what else along the way.
Scirocco R Build thread -> http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=23485" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tymondo
Options: R - APR Stage 2+, Milltek cat back no resonated, Peron Intercooler, Forge hoses, Anti-Lift Kit, RS4 FPRV, VWR Induction, VWR Springs, GFB DV+, NGK Iridium plugs. Cup Spoiler and Maxton Splitter, Side skirts and diffuser.
GT TDI - Now sold

Re: Deep Black Scirocco R build (Subtle mods/changes)

Post by Tymondo »

The day i bought the R home and parked it up next to its brother/sister

Last edited by Tymondo on Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scirocco R Build thread -> http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=23485" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tymondo
GT TDI - Now sold

Post by Tymondo »

Had the windows tinted this weekend

Not sure how i feel about the front windows looking so clear now

I wanted to avoid tinting the front windows but im not sure i have a choice now

Tymondo
GT TDI - Now sold

Post by Tymondo »

VWR Cold air intake fitted at VRS in Northampton. Lost the engine cover but will look to get a TTS engine cover sorted in the near future. I am tempted with the R8 Coils but still undecided on that.

Tymondo
GT TDI - Now sold

Post by Tymondo »

Had my first Dyno. Will at VRS said he will update the APR software now i have a induction kit on

Results werent what i was expecting

Will mentioned the figures looked impressive but to make note that it was perfect conditions for a Dyno run and i use fuel additives which contains octane booster. He said if it was in the summer he wouldnt of been suprised to see a 20BHP loss of the figures above

Tymondo
GT TDI - Now sold

Post by Tymondo »

Small update if anyone is interested..

Cars been lowered on VWR springs which are really impressive. No loss of comfort at all and lowered at just the right height for me.

Had the wheels refurbed, LED puddle lights, badges glossed.

Papanick

Post by Papanick »

I really love the total black look! :yes:
easyrider wrote:
Mostic wrote:You are selling it, right?
absolutely no chance - would rather sell the house than my boy if it came down to it!
Tymondo
GT TDI - Now sold

Post by Tymondo »

Papanick wrote:I really love the total black look! :yes:
Thanks mate! Although it's accidental as I did say when the wheels where being returned to spray them Anthracite but they come back as "Skyline grey" and I am quite impressed with the colour.

new discs and pads next on the list

Tymondo
GT TDI - Now sold

Post by Tymondo »

Well after being away for 1 year (Mostly on the (facebook page) i have some updates for you;

Since these where taken there’s been a lot of changes. I get the car back from AKS Saturday so will take some new photos :yes:

BAhmed95
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
With a: DSG box
Options: Sat nav
Pan roof

Post by BAhmed95 »

Lovely car mate looks so nice in deep black
Zanic L3
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: DSG box
Options: Stage 2, Catless DP, Milltek catback.

Post by Zanic L3 »

Wow the yellow callipers come out so well! I've been thinking of spraying my callipers also and thought to go with the casual red but this yellow is beautiful.

Can you link me the product(s) you used? I'm gonna try to replicate on my 09 2.0TSI black rocco.

Also, I see that you plastidipped your silver rims to black ?