Rpsmith79's Candy White Rocco

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
rpsmith79
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Rpsmith79's Candy White Rocco

Post by rpsmith79 »

Been here a while, but still not got round to posting any photos, so thought i'd start a thread in here, not that there is going to be loads going on with my ride, but thought some peeps might be interested ;)

Anywho, here's what i started off with, a standard Candy White 2.0 TSI, not much on the option list other than Bluetooth, but i got it a bargain price (or so i thought, but more on that later on), i had been looking for a car with either leather, parking sensors or Xenons, and ideally a post 2010 car with revised engine/interior/ MFD/Steering wheel etc, but then this little beauty came along with non of the options i was after, but pretty low mileage (55K), and its a 2009 car, but with the updated MFD and Steering Wheel, for about £2k less than anything i could find post 2010 with options

Here are a few photos after giving it a damn good clean

ImageScirocco by Richard Smith, on Flickr

It was pretty loppy when i got it, tar spots all over, so a full claybar, machine polish, seal & wax was in order, and she was looking much better already

Plans wise, i was only really looking at lowering, possibly an exhaust or induction kit, more for the added noise than any real performance gains, as 200 bhp is more than enough for my needs, and i like to keep the mpg's up too

Then the problems started :(

Long story short, after a misfire and then failure to restart, AA man couldn't help, so towed me to a garage, only to find out the next day that 2 of the injectors had failed, so 2 new injectors, 2 new coilpacks, set of plugs plus fitting, and i was £500 worse off, not a happy bunny, but she ran sweet when i got her back, no cold start misfire like i had before.......

....... then bang on 1 week later, same misfire, luckily i was only 5 mins from the garage, so limped it in, only to find another injector had failed......... arse

So while they had it apart, i told them to replace the last remaining injector and change the fuel filter, another £400 odd down the pan

After doing some research, it does seem to be a weak spot on the 2.0 TSI engines, and it is recommended to replace all 4 if any one fails, wish i knew that 1st time round as i could have saved myself several hours additional labour....... but hey ho, you live and you learn

So now, the "plans" pot if fully dried up and i will have to work on cheap/DIY mods for time being
malczyk
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Sat Nav, parking sensors, leather seats

Re: Rpsmith79's Candy White Rocco

Post by malczyk »

Such bad luck, very unfortunate.

How much did you pay for the car in the end if you don't mind saying?
rpsmith79

Post by rpsmith79 »

malczyk wrote:Such bad luck, very unfortunate.

How much did you pay for the car in the end if you don't mind saying?
Bang on £9000 (haggled down from £9500), everything else i could find on similar mileage & age, with one or 2 options were £11-13k

I must say though, i'm actually not that disappointed i didn't get parking sensors, when looking at buying a Rocco, everyone said they were a must, but i find it no harder to park than any other car i've ever owned, plus i don't have the ugly parking sensors in my bumper ;)

Oh, and as for the lack of Xenons, i bought some Phillips Diamond Vision bulbs, 5000K brightness, and i must say they pretty awesome, really nice bright white light, they go really well with the LED sidelight bulbs............. i really must get a photo of them :)
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Paradox1 »

Welcome!!

I feel your pain!, I had an injector sh1t itself too. Did you get a loud backfire when it blew?
onwards and upwards!
rpsmith79

Post by rpsmith79 »

Paradox1 wrote:Welcome!!

I feel your pain!, I had an injector sh1t itself too. Did you get a loud backfire when it blew?
onwards and upwards!
No, no backfire, just misfiring and smoking out the exhaust

I take it you had all the injectors replaced at the same time
Paradox1

Post by Paradox1 »

Mine sounded like antilag the bang was very loud. No just the 1 injector replaced. Been fine since though.
rpsmith79

Post by rpsmith79 »

Ahh, i must have been unlucky then, as 2 failed at once, then a third a week later, so while they were working on it i had the 4th replaced

Having read up on some Facebook groups i'm a member of, they al seem to recommend replacing them all as a set, but i don't know what the official line is from VW on this
rpsmith79

Post by rpsmith79 »

Well, finally finished my first mod, decided to brighten up the interior slightly as it is rather dull for a sports car, and since everyone goes down the gloss black route, thought i'd try something a little different, but still carrying on the black n white theme

What do you think?

ImageScirocco Interior by Richard Smith, on Flickr

I used to have a little sideline business back in the day when vinyl wrap first became popular, but then every man and his dog started doing it so i gave it up, but still kept hold of all my tools of the trade, and was surprising easy to pick it back up again
tommy
In: Viper Green
Options: 19" Lugano anthricate alloy wheels
DSG gearbox
Cup Spoiler
Heated leather seats
VR Cold-Air intake
BCS Full Turbo Back 200 Cell Sport exhaust with black ceramic tips
RNS-510
Ecotech Performance remapped
Forge big brake kits 6 pots 356mm front
Forge big brake kits 4 pots 330mm rear

Post by tommy »

rpsmith79 wrote:Well, finally finished my first mod, decided to brighten up the interior slightly as it is rather dull for a sports car, and since everyone goes down the gloss black route, thought i'd try something a little different, but still carrying on the black n white theme

What do you think?

I used to have a little sideline business back in the day when vinyl wrap first became popular, but then every man and his dog started doing it so i gave it up, but still kept hold of all my tools of the trade, and was surprising easy to pick it back up again
Love it!! Looks really good! Wanna help me with mine? :D Where did you get ur wrap from?
rpsmith79

Post by rpsmith79 »

tommy wrote:Love it!! Looks really good! Wanna help me with mine? :D Where did you get ur wrap from?
If you need any help, i'm willing to give any tips etc, just message me

As for where i got the wrap, good old eBay, thought to be fair it is pretty poor wrap that i bought, but it was dirt cheap, i think it cost me a fiver for 300mm x 1m, so can't really complain
rpsmith79

Post by rpsmith79 »

Just a few photos after giving the car a good wash

ImageStorm Trooper by Richard Smith, on Flickr

rpsmith79

Post by rpsmith79 »

A couple more little additions added over the weekend, Black Wing Mirror caps, many thanks to Douggie1233 off here for selling those, and also whipped off my badges and spayed them gloss black, looks much better now ;)

Finally managed to get a half decent photo of the shine on my Rocco now, not easy photographing the shine on a white car

SciroccoViking
In: Deep Black
Options: GT-package - Adaptive suspension - lowered with H&R

Post by SciroccoViking »

How did you get your badges off?
And how did you change the color on them, did you paint it yourself or have it done professionally?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rpsmith79

Post by rpsmith79 »

SciroccoViking wrote:How did you get your badges off?
And how did you change the color on them, did you paint it yourself or have it done professionally?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The badges are just stuck on, so they just peel off like any other badge, i do have some trim removal tools which did help though, and yes i just painted them myself with a rattle can
mnrtje_michel
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Indium Grey

Post by mnrtje_michel »

Looking good! I have purchased some black badges from eBay for my white rocco, hope to install them very soon!
mnrtje_michel
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Indium Grey

Post by mnrtje_michel »

Looking good! I have purchased some black badges from eBay for my white rocco, hope to install them very soon!
rpsmith79

Post by rpsmith79 »

Another update, first proper mod.................... EVOMS Induction Kit, courtesy of ShakeyStevo on here, cheers pal

It's pretty much exactly what i was after, a little more noise when stamping on the throttle (something i thought was missing off the standard setup), but without the constant drone that you more often than not get from fitting a performance exhaust (and yes, i have been there and done it many times in the past)

I'm glad i bought it second hand though, as i would definitely feel ripped off if i had paid £300 notes for it (or whatever they go for) as you really don't get that much for your money on this setup (filter, 90 degree bend, piece of bent tin), but i'm more than pleased with the price i paid from Stevo

Anyway, enough waffling, here are a few pics ;)

ImageEVOM Induction Kit by Richard Smith, on Flickr

LiamV89
Options: Looking for a 170TDi GT Manual. Naaaah
Scrap that. In the market for a Scirocco R now

Post by LiamV89 »

Looking great. I wasnt sure on the white scirocco at first but now I'm set on finding on good spec'd R to call my own.