Black Scirocco GTS from Ukraine

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
GTS_UA
I drive a: GTS TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box

Black Scirocco GTS from Ukraine

Post by GTS_UA »

Hello everyone! My name is Paul, I`m from Kyiv, Ukraine and here is my VW Scirocco GTS!

I`ve been reeding this forum for a long time (since I bought my scirocco a year ago). Now I decided to create a topic of my car. Hope, it will be interesting for someone to read or enjoy photos :D

Some words about car specs:
  • - 2014 year make
    - 2.0 tsi - 211hp / 280Nm
    - Perl Black
    - GTS stuff
    - Panoramic roof
    - Mallorys wheels r17 j8 et42 in Pirelli P7 235/45/17
    - RCD 510
    - NO :( Bluetooth, camera, leather, DCC
Being driving a car for a year and like it so much! Already have some mods by now - will describe in the next posts, so follow this topic ;-)

Here are some photos of stock car:

Also photos from VW Fest 2015 in Kyiv:

PS: You can enjoy pictures of my scirocco on its instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/gts_ua/
Last edited by GTS_UA on Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
robinalex
With a: Manual box
Options: Cruise control
Pano Roof
RNS315
Winter pack (heated seats / headlight washers)
Tyre Pressure Monitor
Electric seats
Parking Sensors
Bi-Xenon headlights with cornering lights
K&N filter
H&R 35mm
12.5mm Black anodised hubcentric spacers
Milltek Non-res catback
R-Tech Stage 1

Re: Black Scirocco GTS from Ukraine

Post by robinalex »

I use photo bucket then copy and paste from there
GTS_UA

Post by GTS_UA »

robinalex wrote:I use photo bucket then copy and paste from there
Thanks, have updated pictures in a better way!
uklee
I drive a: GTS TDI
In: Candy White
Options: 14MY GTS TDi 177 RNS510 DAB with Dynaudio ,Parking sensors, 90% tint, Bi-Xenons, Full colour MFC, Winter Pack. MODS- De-Striped ,Reverse Camera Kit ,Power-fold Mirrors, Smokers pack ,Cruise Control, VW Cup spoiler ,VAG-COM tweeks ,LED interior light kit ,MSS Streets suspension kit ,12mm spacers

Post by uklee »

Lovely car mate - but it looks like your Ukraine model GTS has a few differences in spec to the UK version ?

17" wheels ?
'R' tailgate spoiler ?
No leather ? - the special leather trim with the red stitching was one of the main reasons i bought my GTS

what does the interior of your car look like then ? got any pics ?

Lee
GTS_UA

Post by GTS_UA »

First mode: R exhaust

I have always loved the OEM Scirocco R exhaust looked like. However I also looked into some aftermarket sport exhaust like Milltek to get some sportier sound. Thus I could not make a decision.

But one day I saw a rear part of Scirocco R exhaust being sold on very nice price (despite Scirocco R isn`t sold officially in Ukraine, so this exhaust is quite rare here). At the same time I had to repair my rear bumper and diffusor due to an accident. So, I decided to buy the R exhaust, order OEM R diffusor and make the first mod to my car :D

I also debadged boot door.

I was quite pleased with the new appearance of the rear part. However the sound of new exhaust didn't give me what i wanted. The bass got louder but the farts on gearshifts literally despaired :cry: To fix the situation I decided to delete a resonator, which is much bigger than in R model. :vibes:

Now the sound is absolutely gorges! Very brutal at revs at shift but quite normal at cruising. Little bit of drone at high speeds but it doesn't bother me (so far).

This is the only video I have at the moment:
https://youtu.be/0QXHPT2UKX0
[youtube][/youtube]
GTS_UA

Post by GTS_UA »

uklee wrote:Lovely car mate - but it looks like your Ukraine model GTS has a few differences in spec to the UK version ?

17" wheels ?
'R' tailgate spoiler ?
No leather ? - the special leather trim with the red stitching was one of the main reasons i bought my GTS

what does the interior of your car look like then ? got any pics ?

Lee
You`re right! There are several options that are different depending on dealership. We have only 17'' wheels for GTS. R spoiler goes with 2.0 tsi models but not with 1.4. Same story with xenon and red brake callipers.

I've got fabric seats, also with special GTS design and red stitching. Have no photos of interior yet, but will do my best to make some in the nearest days ;-)
roc82
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI

Post by roc82 »

Really nice one :), but desperately needs lowering. Is the ride height even bigger than the standard Western Europe specks?
Cheers
GTS_UA

Post by GTS_UA »

roc82 wrote:Really nice one :), but desperately needs lowering. Is the ride height even bigger than the standard Western Europe specks?
Cheers
Yeah, we have "bad roads package" it makes car look really creepy :fall:
But good news - it is already lowered :D
I'm going to write about it and post photos soon! You can see some fresh photos on my instagram: @gts_ua
GTS_UA

Post by GTS_UA »

The second step of my tuning path was REVO STAGE1

The decision I didn't plan as well. But REVO technics ukraine (the representer is my mate) had a nice 25% discount due to Black Friday in November. The initial idea was to remap my fathers car but then I thought that it is reasonable to save 150$ and went for remapping my scirocco.

The results are outrages for me. If the car was fast previously, now it's stupidly rapid. :hyper: It goes mad on taping the accelerator. I managed to appreciate it only during these first weeks of warm weather, when summer tiers were on. Have to be very careful now with such speeds :P
Jester
I drive a: R-Line

Post by Jester »

This is looking great, how much for the R exhaust and bumper if you don't mind me asking?
GTS_UA

Post by GTS_UA »

The new original rear exhaust is ~600$ but i bought used for half price. Rear diffusor was ~150$
GTS_UA

Post by GTS_UA »

Here is a small video of exhaust at acceleration and shifts that we filmed at Worthersee last month! Had a really nice time there, will post photos soon :D
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
[youtube][/youtube]
GTS_UA

Post by GTS_UA »

The main mod that every Scirocco needs, especially in Ukraine - is lowering! Why especially in Ukraine - because it is being sold with additional lifted springs here (+15mm) which make the look of the car awful. :cry:

It took me quite long to decide what suspension should i go for. I like the super low stance on sciroccos, but it is quite difficult to drive with it in my country cause most of the roads are in terrible condition. So I went for shorter springs. I decided to try fresh Eibach decision for scirocco - Sport-line. It is a bit lower than Pro-kit and should give -35/40mm at front and -30mm at rear. I didn`t choose H&R because they seem to be more bouncy on standard dampers and I also prefer the look, when the front is a bit lower.

I am satisfied with the result, but the ride quality will be better with some shorter sport dampers, like bilstein b8.

The appearance of the car became a hundred times better! But it definitely needs 19' wheels :hyper: Here are some photos of the result: