Bagged Facelift R - FOR SALE (Page 4)

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
aaz_R
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Electric Folding Mirrors

Re: Joe's Facelift Rocco R - Tweaks + More Photos!

Post by aaz_R »

Joe6r wrote:
aaz_R wrote:Best looking facelift R makes mine look like a basic bitch keep the photos coming can't wait to see what this becomes. I'd love to see a cheeky video of the sound of the mid resonator delete, was it expensive?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
haha Id love to claim best looking facelift but its not nearly finished yet and the I've seen a few around that look amazing!! Also a lot of people are starting to fit the facelift bumpers/headlights ect.. to a pre-facelift which is just cheating :lol:
Trust me bro you don't have to say it I'll say it for you this R is too serious

I agree on the cheating it just ain't the same though imo

Keep the photos coming bro can't wait to see more updates!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alsuwaidix
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI

Post by alsuwaidix »

It looks better without the front badge
GTS_UA
I drive a: GTS TSI

Post by GTS_UA »

How is the ride quality of the vmaxx after some months of using? I've heard they are quite stiff and crashy. Interesting to hear another opinion.

I'm considering AP coilers,but vmcxx have ride adjustments and perhaps they will go lower, so it might be a better option. :?
Joe6r
In: Candy White
Options: Sunroof, Paint

Mods: R8 Coilpacks, Evoms Intake, R8 Oil Cap, Black coolant and Washer fluid caps, Smooth front badge, Smooth front bumper, Flapper Mod, Mid resonator delete, Airlift V2, Anti Lift Kit, Plush Automotive Boot Build & Custom Controller Mount

Post by Joe6r »

GTS_UA wrote:How is the ride quality of the vmaxx after some months of using? I've heard they are quite stiff and crashy. Interesting to hear another opinion.

I'm considering AP coilers,but vmcxx have ride adjustments and perhaps they will go lower, so it might be a better option. :?
still really nice :yes: managed to get the perfect balance between stiff and oem cushion after they settled in so overall still very happy with them :) not crashy at all!
GTS_UA
I drive a: GTS TSI

Post by GTS_UA »

Thats for review! They are even cheeper than AP delivered in my county so probably I`ll choose them!
YmoRtaL71
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: darkened glasses,DCC, XDS

Post by YmoRtaL71 »

Major project congratulations, my scirocco is a 1.4 TSI SPORT and made the update to facelift the same as yours, but now one of the direction indicator leds won moisture in and merged, will be that I can you get the nr chassis of a R facelift for me to order the part in Vw because you ask me chassis number of a real R, Kind regards
Joe6r

Mods: R8 Coilpacks, Evoms Intake, R8 Oil Cap, Black coolant and Washer fluid caps, Smooth front badge, Smooth front bumper, Flapper Mod, Mid resonator delete, Airlift V2, Anti Lift Kit, Plush Automotive Boot Build & Custom Controller Mount

Re: Joe's Facelift Rocco R

Post by Joe6r »

Selling Wheels & Coilovers to make way for changes!

Cast13 RB1 19" 9.5J 5x112 with Tyres

V Maxx Xxtreme Height & Damping adjustable coilovers

Wheels - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cast13-RB1-19 ... SwA3dYDQXZ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Coilovers - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/VMaxx-Xx ... RTM2063723" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also listed in the for sale section :yes:
defuze
Options: Turbo Exhaust from DTH

Post by defuze »

Danm dat clean debadged style looks nice though :D And I also like how low your car is, how is the comfort?
Joe6r

Post by Joe6r »

defuze wrote:Danm dat clean debadged style looks nice though :D And I also like how low your car is, how is the comfort?
Haha, Thanks! :) Ride comfort is great on these coilovers - adjustable damping so can still be low and get good comfort :lol: (coilovers also for sale ;) )
defuze
Options: Turbo Exhaust from DTH

Post by defuze »

Joe6r wrote:
defuze wrote:Danm dat clean debadged style looks nice though :D And I also like how low your car is, how is the comfort?
Haha, Thanks! :) Ride comfort is great on these coilovers - adjustable damping so can still be low and get good comfort :lol: (coilovers also for sale ;) )
I just had the Bilstein B14 installed and they are hard AF and they did not really lower your car :/ I guess it's a little expensive to ship them to switzerland :shrug:
Joe6r

Post by Joe6r »

defuze wrote:
Joe6r wrote:
I just had the Bilstein B14 installed and they are hard AF and they did not really lower your car :/ I guess it's a little expensive to ship them to switzerland :shrug:

thats not good, hope you get it sorted!! these can be set to a soft setting while still being proper low :D it states upto 70mm but i swear it goes more than that!! still got a good 15mm to go front and back :hyper:

Got to make way for some goodies now though :lol:
CezMer15
In: Pyramid Gold

Post by CezMer15 »

Looks amazing mate! Very nice in white. I'd have gone white if I didn't find my pyramid gold one!

How do you find the wheel fitment? I keep looking at a set but not sure what J to go for. Also contemplated going down to 18s but I just can't decide!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Joe6r

Post by Joe6r »

CezMer15 wrote:Looks amazing mate! Very nice in white. I'd have gone white if I didn't find my pyramid gold one!

How do you find the wheel fitment? I keep looking at a set but not sure what J to go for. Also contemplated going down to 18s but I just can't decide!

Thanks!

Wheel fitment wise im happy with it at the moment - ET35 sits flush with the arch and 9.5J fits easy all round so why not :lol: makes it look more aggressive!

Also wouldnt go down to 18s... the Rocco's shape and size doesnt suit them! It not a Golf :D 19s are perfect :yes:

FYI wheels are for sale :hyper:
CezMer15
In: Pyramid Gold

Post by CezMer15 »

Joe6r wrote:
CezMer15 wrote:Looks amazing mate! Very nice in white. I'd have gone white if I didn't find my pyramid gold one!

Thanks!

Wheel fitment wise im happy with it at the moment - ET35 sits flush with the arch and 9.5J fits easy all round so why not :lol: makes it look more aggressive!

Also wouldnt go down to 18s... the Rocco's shape and size doesnt suit them! It not a Golf :D 19s are perfect :yes:

FYI wheels are for sale :hyper:
Yeah it looks much better with those wheels on bud!

Thanks for the advice, you've helped me spend more money hahaha

Joe6r

Post by Joe6r »

Christmas came early for the Rocco :hyper:

Time to get this thing bagged :yes: pretty sure there are only a couple facelifted R's that are bagged in the UK?

Anyway - will update with pics once fitted next week!

Last edited by Joe6r on Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deano_123
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Reflex Silver

Re: Joe's Facelift Rocco R + Airlift

Post by deano_123 »

Have you chosen wheels yet?
Joe6r

Post by Joe6r »

deano_123 wrote:Have you chosen wheels yet?
i have indeed! Something a little out of the ordinary ;) will most likely sort them out early next year though and run stock through winter :)
Joe6r

Post by Joe6r »

After a few days of tinkering - finally got this thing bagged!! 8) pretty sure only a few facelift scirocco r's have been bagged?!? Real Facelift R's .... not fake diesels :lol:

Have to admit i was fully against air suspension but after rolling low on coilovers and scraping on every speed bump i had enough! gave in to the dark side :D

Airlift V2 supplied by CarAudioSecurity

Already had a notch done previously by PlushAutomotive (Top guys!)

Anyway..... Cast13 wheels sold and back on stock wheels till next year :)

Grabbed a few iPhone photos but will snap some proper ones later :yes:

Joe6r

Re: Bagged Facelift Rocco R (Page 3)

Post by Joe6r »

Havent had time to take some proper photos but here's one after work :D

sc cal
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125

Re: Bagged Facelift Rocco R (Page 3)

Post by sc cal »

damn!....
badass ride man speechless!!