My Midnight Blue R

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Phil
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Re: My Midnight Blue R

Post by Phil »

Been a while since I last updated - the car door was clipped and haven't had it fixed yet, lost my enthusiasm for while :cry: Image

Hadn't been cleaned for a few weeks, so I thought i'd give it a clean and a coat of wax - gave me a chance to use my detailing brushes haha.

At the moment she's tucked in the garage as I took the quad exhaust system off yesterday ready to fit the milltek down pipe and sports cat from my old GT.
Going to run it on the OEM Catback - several people have mentioned how they fitted an exhaust system and although it was good for heavy use, for general use they wish they'd run a uprated downpipe like I plan to. I will let you know how I get on :D
Phil
flashash
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Dynaudio, Dab RAdio, Factory Bluetooth, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors. Leather

Post by flashash »

Such a nice colour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phil
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

flashash wrote:Such a nice colour

cheers mate - one of my favourite things about the car. Can only find 2 other midnight blue R's when looking on the web!
Phil
Phil

Post by Phil »

Oem back box and milltek downpipe are now fitted. Also took the oppotunity to do the flapper mod. Couldn't be more pleased with the results! Sounds great to drive and not to loud at all. Nice burble and still the added performance benefits from the downpipe.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Phil
Dark
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Cream leather heated seats
Xenons
Parking sensors
Sat nav
18" alloys
2.0tdi GT Bluemotion
Start/stop

Post by Dark »

Just read this from start to now, great read and some great stuff! Absolutely love your car!
shokka
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Sumatra

Post by shokka »

Midnight Blue is one of my fave colours. Really rare too

Car looks awesome
Phil

Post by Phil »

shokka wrote:Midnight Blue is one of my fave colours. Really rare too. Car looks awesome
Dark wrote:Just read this from start to now, great read and some great stuff! Absolutely love your car!
Cheers guys - The colour is one thing that really sold the car too me. Wish I was able to keep those brakes though :cry: Looked perfect tucked behind my savs :(

Not planning a whole lot more of the car, just need to get this dent out...
Phil
Phil

Post by Phil »

So after selling some of my parts, I finally had the dough to re-invest in some decent cleaning gear! Spent a far bit with Auto Finesse, with they're leather cleaner and conditioner, some Iron out and some Triple. Whilst I was at it, I bought some repel from Carbon Collective and the most expensive paint sealant in the universe too :cry:

Finally got round to sorting out the footwell lights which have been providing a rave like sensation for the past month or so.

The Alcantara was sprayed with two coats of Carbon Collective Repel and left to drive for 24hours, before cleaning all of the leather with Auto Finesse cleanser and finished in their conditioner. All of the other surfaces were cleaned with the Meguiars interior detailer.

I also took the opportunity to the test the new GoPro sucker pad and have a listen to the exhaust from the outside since the Milltek Downpipe has been installed.

Couldn't be happier with the results - its brilliantly refined when cruising which cannot be achieved with an after market exhaust without a resonated exhaust, but when I want to give the beans the noise pitch is perfect.
Phil
Phil

Post by Phil »

Spend a fair bit new cleaning stuff after the stocks went a little dry. Poor Boys, Auto Finesse and Carbon Collective got most of my business aswell as winning a Meguiar's MT320 rotary polisher!!

With the first meet of the year coming up, I took a day off work to get the Savannahs out and give the car some proper maintenance :yes:

Even gave the centre caps a little tidy up :clap:

And got the rear wiper arm off - I know this can be a bit marmite, but with my old GT I seemed to constantly replace something I rarely used, and it tidies the rear up nicely so thought i'd get it done early.

Forgotten how much I love the savannahs since they've been tucked away. Photos taken at Saturdays meet at North Weald.

Really pleased with the fitment too - it may not be super low, but the height is perfect for me.

Took a detour home, too with a visit to Brands Hatch :D

Phil
Phil

Post by Phil »

So after tucking the pennies away, I've finally got the hideous dent removed and the side resprayed.

I've also fitted a metal footrest - another for the list of "should have been stock" and "should have done it sooner"!

Sadly since having it resprayed, I've noticed dull patches in the paintwork. Could be to do with the immense amount of rain the day I got it back, who knows. I was tempted to get the rotary out and have ago at bringing it back, but don't want to risk any finger pointing from the garage if it doesn't go as planned.

Looking forward to getting the Savannahs on (again) for the weekend!! :D
Phil
Phil

Post by Phil »

Since I've got the car back I couldn't be happier. It's almost at the point where'd I feel the i've finished modding. I would still like to change the map and get the splitter made, other than that I couldn't be happier!

As i'm terrible at taking photos, enjoy some pictures taken by Easyrider at Santapod last week :D

Phil
andyy
I drive a: Haven't decided yet
In: Rising Blue

Post by andyy »

This is my favourite Rocco R! I thought it was lovely when I saw it for sale before the last owner bought it and it's even better now!
easyrider
In: Deep Black
Options: sensors, folding mirrors, cup spoiler, pano roof, cruise, 19s, leather, rns510, power seat, xenons, LED interior/exterior & puddle lights, vwr springs, fluffy driver's glovebox, aardvark

Post by easyrider »

andyy wrote:This is my favourite Rocco R! I thought it was lovely when I saw it for sale before the last owner bought it and it's even better now!
couldn't agree more. so tidy.
Victor's thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: @quietresonance
Phil

Post by Phil »

andyy wrote:This is my favourite Rocco R! I thought it was lovely when I saw it for sale before the last owner bought it and it's even better now!
easyrider wrote: couldn't agree more. so tidy.
Cheers guys! Really happy with it of late - still remember when Pete (previous owner) bought it and how much I wanted it then haha
Phil
PVAD
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Folding Mirrors

Post by PVAD »

Hi Phil

I'm taking delivery of my 1.4 GT in Metallic Night Blue with Interlagos Rims. The pictures you've uploaded make that colour look so vibrant and vivid so question is, is your Night Blue a R Line special variant or slightly photo-shopped beacuse I saw a 63 Night Blue in the flesh for the first time and it didn't have any character at all in fact dull as ditch water mate no where near as awesome as shown in your pics and made no wow impression on me. Yours looks so striking in the day.

I'm just thinking as it was a 63 plate VW at the time were maybe using a slightly different shade to what yours looks like. I'm just wondering if I made the right decision going for Night Blue? :( I chose Night Blue for its rarity and uniqueness.

Hope the colour looks like yours. :clap:

Your car looks the dogs mate. :)

Cheers Vad
Phil

Post by Phil »

PVAD wrote:Hi Phil

I'm taking delivery of my 1.4 GT in Metallic Night Blue with Interlagos Rims. The pictures you've uploaded make that colour look so vibrant and vivid so question is, is your Night Blue a R Line special variant or slightly photo-shopped beacuse I saw a 63 Night Blue in the flesh for the first time and it didn't have any character at all in fact dull as ditch water mate no where near as awesome as shown in your pics and made no wow impression on me. Yours looks so striking in the day.

I'm just thinking as it was a 63 plate VW at the time were maybe using a slightly different shade to what yours looks like. I'm just wondering if I made the right decision going for Night Blue? :( I chose Night Blue for its rarity and uniqueness.

Hope the colour looks like yours. :clap:

Your car looks the dogs mate. :)

Cheers Vad
Cheers mate :) It's funny you say about the colour, I walked passed a night blue UP and golf yesterday in a carpark and was suprised by the lack of metallic to them! I spend many many hours polishing & waxing and only imagine it helps keep the colour the way it is.

As you say the photos on here have been toyed with Photoshop but only to bring the true colour to the pictures as I always feel the camera doesn't catch the awesome colour of the car properly.

I think the summer wheels help to bring the colour out a bit, plus I removed the aftermarket black VW badges and when back to chrome ASAP :yes:

Hope you like your Roc when you get, post up some pictures when you get it.
Phil
Phil

Post by Phil »

Nothings changed, just enjoying driving it :D

Here's a few more easyriders photos tho !!

Phil
Phil

Post by Phil »

Got bored pretty quick of the oem exhaust so have purchased a milltek non resonated 3" race system with GT100 tips. I know everyones starting to go off Millteks, but i still love them. Great sound, and on the motorway almost non existent!

They initially got my order wrong and delivered me a Golf 6r milltek, which i must say almost got fitted :clap:

Also had to fork out for 3 new tyres, one for a nail in a 6 month old toyo, still waiting on the other two :faint:
Phil
PVAD
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Folding Mirrors

Post by PVAD »

Looking fantastic the side skirts on the R really make your Roc stand out.
bradley_nix0n
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Candy White

Post by bradley_nix0n »

Love this colour and love this R! Need one in my life [emoji30]