My Midnight Blue R

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
kentech
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box

Re: My Midnight Blue R

Post by kentech »

:love: :)
Phil wrote: Image
Phil
In: Night Blue
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

Nothing to update, just more photos by easyrider :)

Phil
kentech
In: Rising Blue

Post by kentech »

Please continue to post pictures like these. Enjoy them every time! And I'm repeating myself, but this is definitely one of my favourite R's ever :)
Phil
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

kentech wrote:Please continue to post pictures like these. Enjoy them every time! And I'm repeating myself, but this is definitely one of my favourite R's ever :)
Thank you Kentech! Don't get to drive it much these days :(
Phil
Babajang
In: Indium Grey

Post by Babajang »

Do you feel the KW Dcc coil overs improve the car over the standard set up?
Spc
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Revo stage 2+
2XX PS

Post by Spc »

I love your car!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
roc82
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI

Post by roc82 »

Amazing rocco! Nice to see that you still have it after so many years :)
roc82

Post by roc82 »

Babajang wrote:Do you feel the KW Dcc coil overs improve the car over the standard set up?
I am also very interested to find out your opinion on kw dcc's ;)
Phil

Post by Phil »

roc82 wrote:I am also very interested to find out your opinion on kw dcc's ;)
Tough question as it had the KWs on when I bought it :D .

Before this I has a 2.0 TSI GT roc, it was stock when I bought it, but I fitted H&Rs. Instantly improved the feel of the car, not to mention the look...................................................................but the KWs are miles better than them :clap:
Phil
roc82

Post by roc82 »

Is the comfort level ok for daily driving?
Any leaks of coilovers so far?
Thanks ;)
Phil

Post by Phil »

No leaks what so ever! For daily driving its far more comfortable than the H&Rs, by a long shot. My only gripe is they're a bit too low for daily, but they are coilovers - it's to be expecxted
Phil
roc82

Post by roc82 »

Glad to hear that, it means that all the negative feedback of kW is coming from MQB platform.
Definitely the biggest flaw of Scirocco is the huge standard arch gap, which becomes a pain when trying to lower it...
Still, is the coolest model Vw had ever released :)
If only it had a 4wd version, would be the perfect car for me
Phil

Post by Phil »

Couldn't agree more - 4wd and a normal drive height from stock and we wouldn't be in this mess! Oh well
Phil
Phil

Post by Phil »

Went out for a drive with easyrider and he snapped this beauty!

Phil
Phil

Post by Phil »

Sad to say, the car has now been sold :cry: .

What a car it was too, I've loved every moment of owning it and has been purchased by a fellow car enthusiast.

After 6 years of scirocco ownership, i'm now left with a 2017 Vauxhall Astra estate diesel, fun!
Phil