My Midnight Blue R

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Re: My Midnight Blue R

Post by Paradox1 »

Thanks for the pics mate, I'll try this one over the weekend!
Phil
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

Met up with a few other rocco owners over the weekend whilst easyrider worked his magic with the camera :D

Phil
CezMer15
In: Pyramid Gold
With a: Manual box

Post by CezMer15 »

Looks very nice bud. How much would you recommend the anti lift?

I'm booked in for 2+ with my R on Friday and already struggling to get my power down at 2!
Been tempted but didn't know if it was just a bit of a gimmick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phil
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

Cheers mate - would thoroughly recommend, I wouldn't say it offers huge gains in the way of additional traction but from a handling point of view its incredible. It feels like I can take corners which beforehand I wouldn't have dreamt off
Phil
Phil

Post by Phil »

Installed puddle lights! Wasn't as difficult as first thought - Wish I had some replacement clips so I will have to have the cards off again, but what a great mod!
Phil
thecrofter
In: Rising Blue
Options: Tracker, Recaro Seats, Pano Roof, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, Black Gloss Folding Mirrors

Post by thecrofter »

You should post a "how to" guide

2.0 TSi 280 R DSG Rising Blue / April 15 - 11 March 20
2.0 TDi 170 DSG R-Line Indium Grey / June 12 - April 15
2.0 GT TDi 170 DSG Salsa Red / May 10 - June 12
Willyjay212
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: 19" alloys, remap stage 1, led lights, VAGCOM, blue interior lights, hid front head lights, after market stereo, subwoofer

Post by Willyjay212 »

Phil wrote:Small steps in the right direction!!

I went via the cabin, which is easy for some, a pain for others as the clip doesn't always want to come out.

It was a pain for me, but persisting paid off as i didn't want to remove the wiper motors etc.

1) Remove the drivers glovebox (shown below)
2) Unclip the the fuses and unclip the canbus gateway (it's not fun)
3) Plug canbus into the polarfis, and plug polar fis into the original port.
What is this for?
And what the hell is polarfis? Lol I'm a noob about this stuff haha

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
StuartyBoy

Post by StuartyBoy »

Hey Phil, which door warning / puddle lights did you buy?
Phil

Post by Phil »

thecrofter wrote:You should post a "how to" guide

Easyrider has beat me to it :)

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 40#p163990" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Phil
Phil

Post by Phil »

StuartyBoy wrote:Hey Phil, which door warning / puddle lights did you buy?
Hello mate, not sure I believe they are from Amazon - bought them off another forum user. Easyrider's guide above may help
Phil
Phil

Post by Phil »

Willyjay212 wrote:
What is this for?
PolarFis allows you too see all the engine parameters hidden by the car. Things like the boost of turbo, temperature of intake and for diesels im told it will tell you how long till your DPF regen.
Phil
kentech

Post by kentech »

Phil wrote:Met up with a few other rocco owners over the weekend whilst easyrider worked his magic with the camera :D
Still my favourite Rocco on here ever :)
Willyjay212
Options: 19" alloys, remap stage 1, led lights, VAGCOM, blue interior lights, hid front head lights, after market stereo, subwoofer

Post by Willyjay212 »

Phil wrote:
Willyjay212 wrote:
What is this for?
PolarFis allows you too see all the engine parameters hidden by the car. Things like the boost of turbo, temperature of intake and for diesels im told it will tell you how long till your DPF regen.
What one would I need for a vw scirocco 2011 tdi 140 brake 2L

Willyjay212

Post by Willyjay212 »

Phil wrote:
Willyjay212 wrote:
What is this for?

Phil

Post by Phil »

kentech wrote:
Phil wrote:Met up with a few other rocco owners over the weekend whilst easyrider worked his magic with the camera :D
Still my favourite Rocco on here ever :)
Cheers kentech :D - was always my favourite when pete (previous owner) had it :clap:
Last edited by Phil on Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phil
Phil

Post by Phil »

Willyjay212 wrote: What one would I need for a vw scirocco 2011 tdi 140 brake 2L
There's only 1 available from new (that i know off) which is polarfis advanced "kessy edition". Have a look on AKS Tuning website
Phil
>moto<
In: Indium Grey
Options: Leather

Post by >moto< »

Awesome looking car Phil, very tastefully modded and I love the colour. Did you ever get anywhere with the front splitter fab?
xjay1337
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Post by xjay1337 »

Willyjay212 wrote:
Phil wrote:
Willyjay212 wrote:
What is this for?

As Phil has said...there is only 1, and it works on all the cars.
click for build thread
Check out Fat Bear Photography
Phil

Post by Phil »

>moto< wrote:Awesome looking car Phil, very tastefully modded and I love the colour. Did you ever get anywhere with the front splitter fab?
Cheers mate! Not yet - been a bit busy of late, still got the template etc and thought about getting the ball rolling again a few weeks back. Will keep you posted!
Phil
Phil

Post by Phil »

Nothing new on the modification front (The joys of home ownership has brought this to a halt)! Currently enjoying the setup as it is, the Rtech map and all supporting mods are proving plenty powerful for now although at somepoint in the future I would like to go stage 2+, but until I can afford the HPFP and brake upgrade, it shall have to wait. Still got some chrome tipped window switches to install however :clap:

Here's a few from various meet ups this year with easyrider, maz and others :yes:
Phil