My Midnight Blue R

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Phil
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Re: My Midnight Blue R

Post by Phil »

Finally got myself up to Rtech - got it stage 2 remapped with Linear throttle and custom DSG map. Picked up a few parts whilst I was there, a GFB DV+ an Rtech heatshielf and their own PCV delete. Always been a little sceptical of the PCV deletes, but the one offered by these guys vents to the atmosphere, and it a full delete rather than just front. It's a fraction of the price of a catch can but should you decide to install one later on, it can be used alongside this kit.

The results were incredible and highlighted how poor the previous map had been. It removed the constant turbo flutter mapped in previously :faint:

Niki at Rtech is tempting me into 2+, but I need to invest in some better stoppers before that happens haha.

In mean time, me and james are back at designing splitters for the original shape R. We aren't to impressed by what is on offer for the Rs at current except the Kerscher, but for the price and the likely hood I will scuff and scrape it, we decided to build a template (another template) and have a few made up which will eventually be up for sale on here.
Phil
Mikeparrott

Post by Mikeparrott »

looks good
Phil
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

Made a few purchases over the last few weeks - managed to bag myself a bargain on an r-tech intercooler. Was massively looking forward to getting this fitted, however after having a chat with a few others who had fitted them to leons and ed30s - it became clear that I would need to create a bracket for this and even mention of cutting into the crash bar (can't see that myself). Shortly after a forge intercooler popped up at a good price too, which are simple to fit and get the job done :yes:

May upgrade to s3 intercooler as well at some point in the future to work with the forge but for now I'm trying to slow down on the modding front as finally moving into my house soon :faint:
Phil
Phil

Post by Phil »

Had a bit of free time over Xmas, so got a few things done to the car that needed doing.

First of all, wrapping the intake - needs redoing but pleased with the results!

Secondly, finally installing the intercooler!!! :clap:

And an opportunity to give it a good clean up and winter protection

Phil
Phil

Post by Phil »

Got a bit of deal on a PolarFis Advanced and Wow what a bit of kit it is! Proved to be a pain but got there in the end :fall:
Sorry for poor images

Booked in at AKS tuning for antilift, much needed before I even start considering 2+ - not to mention upgrading the discs and pads :shrug:

Went out for a drive yesterday, Easyrider snapped up some cool pictures as per usual :rolleyes:

Phil
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Looks stunning mate.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Phil

Post by Phil »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:Looks stunning mate.
Cheers mate! Not still thinking of selling up are you?
Phil
whiteDevil_170
In: Candy White
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Yes I am. Just in 2 minds what to do. Still un decided
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
xjay1337
In: Rising Blue
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Post by xjay1337 »

When you are in for the antilift, get the Superpro ball joints and I'd also go for a dogbone insert.
click for build thread
Check out Fat Bear Photography
Phil

Post by Phil »

xjay1337 wrote:When you are in for the antilift, get the Superpro ball joints and I'd also go for a dogbone insert.
Booked in on the 17th of feb - Will give Alex a shout - should have waited a few months really as its major service due in march, so expensive few months :rolleyes:
Phil
Phil

Post by Phil »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:Yes I am. Just in 2 minds what to do. Still un decided
Its a tough one, I had considered selling up last year due to moving out etc but decided to stick it out :yes:
Phil
xjay1337
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Post by xjay1337 »

Phil wrote:
xjay1337 wrote:When you are in for the antilift, get the Superpro ball joints and I'd also go for a dogbone insert.
Booked in on the 17th of feb - Will give Alex a shout - should have waited a few months really as its major service due in march, so expensive few months :rolleyes:
Yeah that's pricey.

Is Alex servicing it? May be worth postponing and getting everything done at once. He may do you a bit of a deal if you ask as well.
click for build thread
Westfield
In: Shadow Blue

Post by Westfield »

Just sat and read this from the start whilst sat in hospital recovering from a knee op.
Half way through dived on eBay and ordered rear cup holder :clap:

Loving the car :yes:
Phil

Post by Phil »

Westfield wrote:Just sat and read this from the start whilst sat in hospital recovering from a knee op.
Half way through dived on eBay and ordered rear cup holder :clap:

Loving the car :yes:

Cheers! The cup holder was one of many small mods which should have come like that from factory :rolleyes:
Phil
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Paradox1 »

Phil wrote:Got a bit of deal on a PolarFis Advanced and Wow what a bit of kit it is! Proved to be a pain but got there in the end :fall:
Sorry for poor images

Booked in at AKS tuning for antilift, much needed before I even start considering 2+ - not to mention upgrading the discs and pads :shrug:

Went out for a drive yesterday, Easyrider snapped up some cool pictures as per usual :rolleyes:

Made alot of progress! its all coming together now.

how did you install the polar fis? I got one waiting to go on
Phil

Post by Phil »

Small steps in the right direction!!

I went via the cabin, which is easy for some, a pain for others as the clip doesn't always want to come out.

It was a pain for me, but persisting paid off as i didn't want to remove the wiper motors etc.

1) Remove the drivers glovebox (shown below)
2) Unclip the the fuses and unclip the canbus gateway (it's not fun)
3) Plug canbus into the polarfis, and plug polar fis into the original port.
Phil
Phil

Post by Phil »

Visted AKS tuning on friday for Superpro Antilift Kit & Superpro dogbone insert (cheers for the headsup Xjay). The difference is astonishing :yes:

The temptation to go 2+ is very real now, however i still want to upgrade the brake discs, pads and lines first.

Phil
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Paradox1 »

Thanks for the pictures mate, I'll give it a try this weekend :yes:
Phil

Post by Phil »

Paradox1 wrote:Thanks for the pictures mate, I'll give it a try this weekend :yes:
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 7&start=40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; if not this may help you mate. I tried this but one of my wipers was proving tough to get off :faint:
Phil
xjay1337

Post by xjay1337 »

Phil wrote:(cheers for the headsup Xjay). The difference is astonishing :yes:

Good job :yes:
click for build thread