Lukes Stage 3 R

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Luke.08
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Oryx White
With a: DSG box
Options: Pano roof. Winter pack. RNS510 with dab radio. Dynaudio. cruise control. Bi-Xenon headlights. Folding mirrors. Colour MFD, Recaro seats

Lukes Stage 3 R

Post by Luke.08 »

i Would like to introduce you all to my 2nd R. My original plan was to find another black one. but after not finding one with the right spec i had to have a rethink. So i thought i would do something different with this one. otherwise i would just be copying myself.

Colour: Oryx White
Optional Extras: Panoramic Sunroof, Recaro Seats, Dynaudio, Cruise control, Electric folding mirrors, Colour MFD, Winter pack

Mods

Suspension

VWR streetsport coilovers
Superpro alloy controlarms with antilift
VWR droplinks

So here he is. In his standard form

Last edited by Luke.08 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dave7692
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black

Re: Lukes 2nd R

Post by Dave7692 »

Looks great, I bet the Recaro's look spot on.
Luke.08
Options: Pano roof. Winter pack. RNS510 with dab radio. Dynaudio. cruise control. Bi-Xenon headlights. Folding mirrors. Colour MFD, Recaro seats

Post by Luke.08 »

Cheers Dave. i havnt got a picture of the Recaros yet. ill put one up when i do
Luke.08

Post by Luke.08 »

So after having him a just over a week i got this little beauty in my tyre :rage:

Had do drive around on my Wally wheel (space saver) for a couple of days until i could get a new tyre. those thing are stupidly thin. :eyepop:

Luke.08

Post by Luke.08 »

:happybanana: Was Really liking the look lol :happybanana:

finetrond

Post by finetrond »

Allthou the Scirocco is a nice car and all why one more?
No other cars in the price range that tickels your fancy? TBH it is pretty thin come think about it. An S3 is just and A3 with slightly larger wheels.
Collector of warning lights.
Luke.08

Post by Luke.08 »

finetrond wrote:Allthou the Scirocco is a nice car and all why one more?
No other cars in the price range that tickels your fancy? TBH it is pretty thin come think about it. An S3 is just and A3 with slightly larger wheels.

I did briefly look at other options. but nothing really caught my eye. The Rocco is still one of the nicest shape cars out there. just couldnt stay away lol
wakas
With a: Manual box

Post by wakas »

Hi luke the car looks awesome congrats.
I just have a question, could you pm me please. Thanks mate.
wakas

Post by wakas »

Sorry mate it wont let me pm
Luke.08

Post by Luke.08 »

ah ok. whats your question?
SparkySam91
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue

Post by SparkySam91 »

Looks good [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Luke.08

Post by Luke.08 »

so 1st mod had to be gloss black vw badges. looks so much better than the silver

Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

Hi Luke does your boot open with the badge?

Sent from my phone
Luke.08

Post by Luke.08 »

No irvysan. It's a pre-facelift R
Luke.08

Post by Luke.08 »

So i left my car with my garage the other week with quite a long list of things to do. some of them were to put the bits from my old car back onto this one. so i'll start with the old stuff...........

1st things back on were the rear diffuser and the Dectane Rear lights. this picture shows the difference between OEM and dectane lights

And a side on shot

Luke.08

Post by Luke.08 »

Next up was to sort the handling out before any engine work starts. No point in having more power but unable to control it. so this time instead of just replacing the springs i went for the VWR streetsport coilovers. i was always dubious of coilovers previously as iv always heard they are a rough ride. but im pleasently suprised. yes they are stiffer. you feel the road more. but they arnt uncomfortable at all.

the built quality of these are perfect. i had the garage set these slightly lower than when i was on the VWR springs. they have been on for about 3 weeks and have finally settled. ill post a picture soon of the height
EvilMr.Lee
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Sumatra
Options: GT Spec, 18" Lugano, Multifunctional Steering Wheel, Panoramic Roof, Bluetooth, Rear Parking Sensors, DynAudio, RCD510, Cruise Control

Retro: LED Interior, LED Plate Lights, 2014 Facelifted Xenons + BCM

Post by EvilMr.Lee »

Luke.08 wrote:So i left my car with my garage the other week with quite a long list of things to do. some of them were to put the bits from my old car back onto this one. so i'll start with the old stuff...........

1st things back on were the rear diffuser and the Dectane Rear lights. this picture shows the difference between OEM and dectane lights

And a side on shot

Are those dectanes red/smoked or black/smoked?
Luke.08

Post by Luke.08 »

They are Red/Smoked
Luke.08

Post by Luke.08 »

I also decided this time that i would get the Superpro alloy control arms with antilift.

Being fitted

roc82
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI

Post by roc82 »

Luke.08 wrote:I also decided this time that i would get the Superpro alloy control arms with antilift.

Being fitted

Best mode ever for the handling of the rocco :)