Here's My Black Scirocco

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
mackie01
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: 19''Black Luganos, Sunroof, Cruise Control, Heated Leather Seats, Bluetooth, RNS510, Mudflaps, Dynaudio, Bootliner, Pressed Plates
And a few other mods viewtopic.php?f=13&t=20294

Re: Here's My Black Scirocco

Post by mackie01 »

JamesE wrote:Looking nice this is mate, mine will hopefully soon be going all black as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers mate, your's isn't looking too bad either :) although will you not struggle having a front splitter and lowered on coilovers ?
Parsx wrote:Looking good mate. Good luck with the T5 grill, will look awesome when done.

Been working away on the grill tonight, it's still no where near done
It's only just sitting in position, and I've not finished smoothing off the honeycomb bit
Deciding whether or not to keep the 8 vertical bits at the top or cut them off and just have the 3 bars

Also if there are any photoshop geniuses who could do me a wee favour and make a t5 grill on a black Scirocco. I would like the 3 bars and fog light surrounds done in gloss black to match the bars between the headlights, and the grill surround colour coded like the deep black colour

Something like this

Thanks
JamesE
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by JamesE »

I'm not sure yet if I'll struggle quite possibly get my wheels next Friday so will order the splitter then and see what the results are, it scraps in places now so might be a bad idea

Instagram jamesjre94
mackie01
Options: 19''Black Luganos, Sunroof, Cruise Control, Heated Leather Seats, Bluetooth, RNS510, Mudflaps, Dynaudio, Bootliner, Pressed Plates

Post by mackie01 »

Seen as how today was a nice day I gave the car a full clean :) snow foam, washed, dried, polished, waxed, and also did the wheels and plastic trim bits & exhaust. So a busy day then :)

That reflection :D

And I've finally collected all the pieces to go with the t5 grill. I know I could have used the ones I had, but I didn't want to drive about with bits missing while they are getting painted.
mackie01

Post by mackie01 »

So I finished sanding down the grill to shape and handed it into a local shop to get painted. Hit a couple of problems now though. I handed all the parts I had bought in and explained what I was trying to get the car to look like. I just felt as though the guy wasn't really interested in listening and wants money. First I handed in all the parts I had to get painted (See previous post) and when I went to pick it all up, there was the tow cover missing.
They said I never gave them it but told them I 100% gave it to them. A couple days later (today) they said they found it under a tyre, wonder how it got there because it wasn't me that put it there. Anyway I tried to fit the grill on the car to see what it was like.
So the front bumper came off

And because I never tested the grill before painting, I bent it too much and cracked the filler :(

Anyway I'm not too happy with the work that was done on it so I am going to try a better bodyshop in Glasgow and get it fixed.
Have a look and let me know if this isn't a good paint job

Paint has ran

Not smoothed on the fog light cover

Not smoothed on the indicator cover

Again not smoothed properly on the lower grill

And some small holes that weren't there when I handed it over
Parsx
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Mods:
Black VW Badges and others removed.
APR Stage 1
Red Pinstripe
HT Autos Splitter (Now dead)
ITG induction kit
H&R Springs

Post by Parsx »

Sorry to hear you had so much bother with the bodyshop.

Looks like a pretty shit job to me and considering how much work you must have put in to get the bumper ready you must be raging.

Good luck finding someone that can sort it, reckon it will be ready for next week??

mackie01

Post by mackie01 »

Parsx wrote:Sorry to hear you had so much bother with the bodyshop.

Looks like a pretty shit job to me and considering how much work you must have put in to get the bumper ready you must be raging.

Good luck finding someone that can sort it, reckon it will be ready for next week??

Yeah I would stay away from the body shop from now on, was supposed to pick the tow cover up today but the guy 'forgot' about it so I've to get it on Monday now. They are just taking the piss now. I've been trying to fix the cracks and that, still a little bit to do so no I don't think it will be ready in time for next week :( I think I rushed the last bit and that's why it has cracked, wish I took my time a bit more :( I would have liked to have it on for next week too, I just won't have the time to get it finished, handed in to get painted and fit it all before Saturday.

Did you fit a splitter to yours again :)
Parsx
APR Stage 1
Red Pinstripe
ITG induction kit
H&R Springs

Post by Parsx »

Not going for a splitter at the minute. Bit nervous about breaking it again as the kerbs at my house are quite high.

Spend my money on something else I think.

mackie01

Post by mackie01 »

That's like mine on kerbs lol, I try to avoid them as much as possible. A splitter would catch on things quite often I think so a good idea not to fit one, unless you only put it on for a car show then take it off when driving, which seems like a lot of work haha. Go for a colour coded front grill :)
Parsx
APR Stage 1
Red Pinstripe
ITG induction kit
H&R Springs

Post by Parsx »

That was exactly what I was thinking of spending it on. I'll try and get some prices for it this week I reckon.

C00PS
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
With a: Manual box
Options: Red LED foot well lights.
Red LED reading lights.
LED number plate lights.
Yeti tail pipes.
Metal pedals.
GT engraved foot rest pedal.
GT steering wheel Emblem.

Post by C00PS »

Parsx wrote:Image

Not going for a splitter at the minute. Bit nervous about breaking it again as the kerbs at my house are quite high.

Spend my money on something else I think.

Can you not reverse park?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
mackie01

Post by mackie01 »

C00PS wrote: Can you not reverse park?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
I suppose that would be a good idea :) I always reverse into a space, it just feels right haha

Today I've been fixing the cracks on the grill. This was taken before I started and the bumper isn't fitted, it is just sitting in place. But this is how it will look when its finished :D
mackie01

Post by mackie01 »

I finally fitted my t5 grill :) I've had it back for a few weeks, it's just rained every weekend since I got it because of the crap Scottish weather. Anyway I put it into a different body shop and I'm much happier with the job they did :D

I don't know whether to put another red pinstripe on it or if that would just waste it ?
Let me know what you think :D
bradley_nix0n
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Candy White

Post by bradley_nix0n »

Looks nice mate, I wrap cars for a living and did my door car inserts in Black brushed aluminium today. Was a massive pain so not surprised yours didn't turn out the way you wanted! Especially if it was your first time! Love the car [emoji1305]

sciroccosam1
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black gloss Wolfrace Scorpio 17", Kenwood DAB Multimedia System, Dectane smoked LED sidelights/indicators, Smoked LED taillights, LED number plate lights, Front bumper lip, Personal numberplate, Privacy glass, Red brake calipers, Black gloss exhaust caps

Post by sciroccosam1 »

Really impressed with how your roc looks, top job!! :yes:
pburgess22

Post by pburgess22 »

As someone else mentioned. They are all tasteful upgrades and its better to get it right on the car so I can understand your fussing over things. Looks great.
JamesE
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by JamesE »

This is looking mint mate, one of the nicest black gt's out there
Instagram jamesjre94
Mikeparrott

Post by Mikeparrott »

love the all black scirocco
mackie01

Post by mackie01 »

Sorry I've not been on here in a while, I got a new phone and just couldn't be bothered trying to reset my password as I had forgotten it.

Thanks for the likes people :) nice to know my hard work is making others pleased :)

Nothing much has changed on the car apart from some fly eye on the front lights

I was thinking of doing something else to my car but I'm unsure of what yet. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRP-Carbon-Fi ... SwY0lXRq0I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jester
I drive a: R-Line

Post by Jester »

Looks stunning mate! What I'd do for that T5 grill!
lgovil1986
In: Urano Grey

Post by lgovil1986 »

Got to ask, the red trim on the front. Where do you get this from? is this just vynl or is there a specific part?