Here's My Black Scirocco

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
With a: Manual box
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19967

Re: Here's My Black Scirocco

Post by Irvysan »

Nice one mate I was going to do mine tomorrow, what did you use to cut the foam?

Sent from my phone
mackie01
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: 19''Black Luganos, Sunroof, Cruise Control, Heated Leather Seats, Bluetooth, RNS510, Mudflaps, Dynaudio, Bootliner, Pressed Plates
And a few other mods viewtopic.php?f=13&t=20294

Post by mackie01 »

Irvysan wrote:Nice one mate I was going to do mine tomorrow, what did you use to cut the foam?

Sent from my phone
I just did it today because it will probably rain tomorrow :(

I used a craft knife and then a wee bit of sandpaper

Took a while to get it right but got there eventually :)

Cheers,
Callum
mackie01
Options: 19''Black Luganos, Sunroof, Cruise Control, Heated Leather Seats, Bluetooth, RNS510, Mudflaps, Dynaudio, Bootliner, Pressed Plates

Post by mackie01 »

So yesterday I used the clay bar for the first time, didn't realize how bad my paint was until I finished a panel and could feel the difference.
I ordered the Meguiars clay starter kit and couldn't believe the results.
I also bought Auto Glym bumper and trim gel for the mud flaps and plastic trim, this also was brilliant and would recommend both these products.

Also seen another car like mine, so I had to go get a picture with it :D

While I was taking that picture my mate took a long range photo.
It's not the best picture, but you can see how much lower my car is with the lowering springs
Also mine was a lot cleaner than his :)
DAN180Y
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
Options: 18" MOMO Revenge alloys
VWR Springs
Stage 1 Remap
R side skirts
K&N Panel Filter
Front Splitter
20mm Spacers
Gloss Black VW Emblems
LED Interior Conversion

Post by DAN180Y »

mackie01 wrote:
Also seen another car like mine, so I had to go get a picture with it :D

While I was taking that picture my mate took a long range photo.
It's not the best picture, but you can see how much lower my car is with the lowering springs
Also mine was a lot cleaner than his :)
yeh you can tell the difference between stock height and yours there :yes:
and you can tell yours has that liquid appearence you get from clay barring his doesnt
Build Thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17836" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Current: Scirocco 2.0 GT TSI
Previous: Golf mk5 1.4 TSI Match, Golf mk4 1.6SE
mackie01

Post by mackie01 »

Seen as it was payday last week I had to buy something :)

A green cotton panel filter
donny781029
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sunroof, Bluetooth, PDC, RNS510

Kerscher CF Lip, MRC Tuning Stage 1 Software, 19" Aline Satin Black Wheels

Post by donny781029 »

The lowering springs totally transformed the look of your car, really love it :yes:
mackie01

Post by mackie01 »

Since the weather hasn't been very nice nothing much had changed for a while and since last week I've managed to do a few things :)
I got some money for my birthday which I put towards some new wheels :)

Here's the new alloys
They are matte black 18" DRC DMG

Needed to get tyres for them so ended up getting winter tyres. I was thinking of buying premium winter tyres but it's not like you can drive fast in snow or ice, so to me there wasn't any point getting performance ones. I went with Sunny Wintermax

I wanted to keep my carpets nice so I bought these rubber mats
As you can see these mats are designed specifically for the Scirocco and you can clip them down like the normal ones.
The look quite good when they are all in :) (They are a set of 4 = 2 front and 2 back)

Here's what the car looks like for winter

I am keeping my 19" Luganos for the summer, so for storage I bought some tyre bags

They are a good quality and will fit up to 21"

They even have pictures on them so you can put the same tyre back on where you got it from, and a pouch to keep wheel nuts in

Oh and I finally got round to getting a remap :D
Never got on the rolling road but it's supposed to be up to 220bhp, it feels so much faster, the acceleration is incredible. Not really had a great chance to try it because of the weather, but as soon as the winter is over, i'll be trying launch control :D
mackie01

Post by mackie01 »

Finally got round to the first decent clean on 2016

Also fitted some sunblinds, these were't that hard to put in, I just kept getting frustrated with the clips for the rear window.
I was thinking about getting the windows tinted but I saw somewhere on here that someone got their radio antenna broken from tints. So I thought these would be the next best thing, and they are removable too :D

This one was taken at night

Here's a better picture showing the difference compared to the un-tinted fronts

And here from the outside
mackie01

Post by mackie01 »

Today I fixed my sat nav problem, thanks to Viking for the antenna.
While I had the trim off I decided to wrap it. I didn't fancy the piano black look so I thought about a brushed metal finish to go with the paddle extenders. It is a bit darker than I thought but I'll take it off and do it again with the correct colour.
Last edited by mackie01 on Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mackie01

Post by mackie01 »

It was my first time wrapping anything and it was going so well until I came to the handles :(
Any advice would be helpful, I have slight OCD and I didn't want to give up but wrapping these was a pain in the ass. This was the best I could do

I don't want to leave them like this too long or it will annoy me, so I'll try to get them done better next time :)
x.laura.x
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Candy White

Post by x.laura.x »

nice build,
the inserts are very fiddly, if I remember rightly give yourself more than enough material, I did the plastic trim that's around the center consol and that took 2 attempts as its very delicate too,

how you finding the height with springs? I've got coilovers on mine and i'm really starting to dislike them, I find myself looking at the floor for pothole over where i'm actually going :/
mackie01

Post by mackie01 »

x.laura.x wrote:nice build,
the inserts are very fiddly, if I remember rightly give yourself more than enough material, I did the plastic trim that's around the center consol and that took 2 attempts as its very delicate too,

how you finding the height with springs? I've got coilovers on mine and i'm really starting to dislike them, I find myself looking at the floor for pothole over where i'm actually going :/
The handles are tricky because they are not a flat surface like the other trim, it would be easier with a solid colour like if I did them gloss black. I've still got plenty of that wrap left but I'll order a lighter colour and get it done again.

I'm happy with the height. The springs are a good height for the car, they are not extremely low but close the gap enough it looks more like a sports car. I have my 18" on for winter but the 19" fill the gap slightly more.

I always try to avoid potholes anyway even when I had my corsa ha ha. Just so there is no major damage caused and I then have to spend money on something that shouldn't have happened. The 18" have 40mm tyres and I have it in comfort mode with winter tyres, so there is some comfort when I hit a small hole in the road. My 19" have 35mm and I put the car in sport, and then it becomes quite bumpy, but that's just because of the state of the roads near me. I have no complaints about the springs and its one of the best mods to do to a Scirocco. I've never had coilovers so I can't compare them, but there is a big difference in the price.
mackie01

Post by mackie01 »

Had another go at this wrapping

I managed to do it better than last time but its still not right as you can see in the first pic. Also the brushed effect is not as deep as I had hoped so I'll need to order another one and hopefully I get the right one this time. At this rate all the clips on the back of the trim will have broken off :lol:
DannyRocco
Options: Mods: Bluefin, K&N filter and some VW OEM rubber floor mats

Post by DannyRocco »

Hey, I know this car! Nice thread mate. Your 'Roc is so clean and tastefully upgraded - makes me jealous.. I've been thinking about how badly mine needs a full valeting since I saw yours in person 2 weeks ago! haha.
mackie01

Post by mackie01 »

DannyRocco wrote:Hey, I know this car! Nice thread mate. Your 'Roc is so clean and tastefully upgraded - makes me jealous.. I've been thinking about how badly mine needs a full valeting since I saw yours in person 2 weeks ago! haha.
Yeah mate it was me at the meet haha. Cheers :-) I do like to have it clean all the time, I have a bit of OCD lol. Just remember to get they exhaust tips cleaned they needed a good clean :yes:
DannyRocco
Options: Mods: Bluefin, K&N filter and some VW OEM rubber floor mats

Post by DannyRocco »

mackie01 wrote:
DannyRocco wrote:Hey, I know this car! Nice thread mate. Your 'Roc is so clean and tastefully upgraded - makes me jealous.. I've been thinking about how badly mine needs a full valeting since I saw yours in person 2 weeks ago! haha.
Yeah mate it was me at the meet haha. Cheers :-) I do like to have it clean all the time, I have a bit of OCD lol. Just remember to get they exhaust tips cleaned they needed a good clean :yes:
Arggh. Forgot about the tips again... That's going to bother me now... Time to get out the autosol and get dirty! :)
mackie01

Post by mackie01 »

Today I changed from my winter wheels back to summer ones, I don't think we'll get any snow for a while :)
Also gave the car a good wash, polish & wax :D

I've also been working on a t5 grill :D

It is taking a while to do but I should hopefully have it done before the summer is here
JamesE
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by JamesE »

Looking nice this is mate, mine will hopefully soon be going all black as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Instagram jamesjre94
mackie01

Post by mackie01 »

After seeing a few people on here changing the reverse bulbs I though that would be the next thing on my list :)
I bought these
I have taken a picture but I couldn't get the focus correct. They do put out a lot more light than the normal bulbs but they are no where near as blinding as they are in the photo

I'll get better pictures tomorrow :D

EDIT
Here's a slightly better picture
Last edited by mackie01 on Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parsx
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Mods:
Black VW Badges and others removed.
APR Stage 1
Red Pinstripe
HT Autos Splitter (Now dead)
ITG induction kit
H&R Springs

Post by Parsx »

Looking good mate. Good luck with the T5 grill, will look awesome when done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk