Here's My Black Scirocco

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
With a: Manual box
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19967

Re: Here's My Black Scirocco

Post by Irvysan »

Yes mate that's it sorted ;) - not done the number plate lights as want to take one out first to make sure I get the right ones.

Or could just get OEM LED units :
http://m.ebay.de/itm/2x-Original-LED-VW ... 1699665509" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will probably take the originals out and get canbus replacements though.

EDIT : Just had a look at mine and it seems they are already the LED units, result!! [emoji41]

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Irvysan on Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bowser
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box
Options: Milltek Non Res exhaust
VWR lowering springs
Neuspeed P-Flo
APR stage 1
Pressed metal plates

Post by Bowser »

Love the black on black look. would love black wheels for mine
mackie01
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
Options: 19''Black Luganos, Sunroof, Cruise Control, Heated Leather Seats, Bluetooth, RNS510, Mudflaps, Dynaudio, Bootliner, Pressed Plates
And a few other mods viewtopic.php?f=13&t=20294

Post by mackie01 »

A package came for me today :D I just need to get to a garage to have them fitted :) can't wait !
Last edited by mackie01 on Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bowser
In: Viper Green
Options: Milltek Non Res exhaust
VWR lowering springs
Neuspeed P-Flo
APR stage 1
Pressed metal plates

Post by Bowser »

They'll make all the difference! :yes: they look how they should have come out the factory once lowered
rocdevin
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Silver Leaf

Post by rocdevin »

Hi guys i am new here. I have just bought my scirocco 2nd hand but want to do a few upgrades and was wondering who was close too me (kilmarnock).

Just noticed i have missed a meet last weekend. Hope to make the next
mackie01
Options: 19''Black Luganos, Sunroof, Cruise Control, Heated Leather Seats, Bluetooth, RNS510, Mudflaps, Dynaudio, Bootliner, Pressed Plates

Post by mackie01 »

Bowser wrote:Love the black on black look. would love black wheels for mine
You should save up for the black wheels and go for them :) your car will look so much better with them :)

Bowser wrote:They'll make all the difference! :yes: they look how they should have come out the factory once lowered
Yeah I agree, had the car lowered on Thursday there, they should come like that, pics will be up soon :D

rocdevin wrote:Hi guys i am new here. I have just bought my scirocco 2nd hand but want to do a few upgrades and was wondering who was close too me (kilmarnock).

Just noticed i have missed a meet last weekend. Hope to make the next
Hello Devin :) welcome to the forum. If you want upgrades your in the right place, lots of ideas here & you'll spend all your money haha. I'm near Motherwell and there's a few people in the surrounding areas, so if you need some help or advice just ask :) unfortunately you did miss the last meet, it was a good day I hope you can make it to the next one. We said we would try to get another one before the bad weather comes, so keep your eye out :)
mackie01

Post by mackie01 »

Been busy with work and doing stuff to the car, so not been on this much.

Ordered brushed metal paddle shift extenders that look quite good

Ordered some sills from Hong Kong which are just as nice as the official ones

Fitted LED's on the number plate which are pretty bright :)

Also did the interior lights to LED's
The look a lot more blue here in the picture than they really are

And got the car lowered, looks so much better :D

I'm just waiting on the metal pedals coming then that's most of the mods done....for now :)
Need to get rid of the yellow lights at the front though :(

I'll also get some pictures when it's light and you can see the car better
Last edited by mackie01 on Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irvysan
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

Looking good mate, did you get that tyre checked out??

Sent from my phone
mackie01

Post by mackie01 »

Irvysan wrote:Looking good mate, did you get that tyre checked out??

Sent from my phone
Yeah mate I've been on to the garage I got it from (Honda) they didn't really help at all on the phone, the guy I got the car from was with a customer, and I started explaining my problem to the person who answered the phone and he hung up on me. Took it to my local Honda garage and no one came to look at it. So I took it to a VW garage and they recommended I get new tyres. So I've been e-mailing a manager down in the garage I got the car from and basically they aren't gonna do anything because the tyre was still legal as it wasn't showing and metal threads. I said about the cracks also and he said it's just because the car hasn't done a lot of miles, it's probably been sitting for a while.

I was thinking about buying 17" alloys and getting winter tyres, then when the snow is here I'll get the good alloys touched up and new tyres :)
Irvysan

Post by Irvysan »

Typical that they are not interested once you have the car.

Sent from my phone
mackie01

Post by mackie01 »

So after finally getting the car lowered, the springs have settled in nicely :)
This is the only photo I have the now I still need to get better ones

At the weekend there I got around to fitting the metal pedals which look so much better than the plastic ones.
I ordered these from a Skoda website for less than £60, and they come with a VW sticker on them
The part number is 1Z2064205 for anyone wanting them for DSG car

I also went a drive to Ecotune in Glasgow to see about a stage 1 remap. For a stage one remap it was £450 and the DSG remap is £350, but if I get them done at the same time the DSG remap is only £250, so in total it would be £700. Is it really worth it that much ?

Got some good MPG while I was driving there anyway
Irvysan

Post by Irvysan »

Pedals looking good, mpg good. Tuning price not so good. :( PM me tomorrow mate

Sent from my phone
Shaun1982
In: Candy White

Post by Shaun1982 »

Bloody hell what we're you driving to get that figure? Lol
DAN180Y
In: Reflex Silver
Options: 18" MOMO Revenge alloys
VWR Springs
Stage 1 Remap
R side skirts
K&N Panel Filter
Front Splitter
20mm Spacers
Gloss Black VW Emblems
LED Interior Conversion

Post by DAN180Y »

looking good, i would think about taking the mud guards off though tbh

if you use facebook we have a mk3 scirocco owners club uk to join :yes:
Build Thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17836" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Current: Scirocco 2.0 GT TSI
Previous: Golf mk5 1.4 TSI Match, Golf mk4 1.6SE
mackie01

Post by mackie01 »

Shaun1982 wrote:Bloody hell what we're you driving to get that figure? Lol
It was all motorway driving and there is a lot of average speed cameras on the road at the moment, limit is 50, so just went about 48 the whole way there. And I've started using the high octane diesel which I think does actually help a bit.
DAN180Y wrote:looking good, i would think about taking the mud guards off though tbh

Cheers mate :-)
I know the mud flaps aren't very popular on here, but I quite like them on my car, it goes with the black on black look and makes the back of the car seem a bit lower.
I don't have Facebook, I must be like the only person that doesn't have it haha. If I did I would join it though :)
Shaun1982

Post by Shaun1982 »

mackie01 wrote:
Shaun1982 wrote:Bloody hell what we're you driving to get that figure? Lol
It was all motorway driving and there is a lot of average speed cameras on the road at the moment, limit is 50, so just went about 48 the whole way there. And I've started using the high octane diesel which I think does actually help a bit.

Ah I see. I managed 54.6mpg out of my dsg from Gatwick airport back to Grimsby but that was mostly 70 with the wife & I and two cases so not bad going after all then
Dunk04
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: APR Stage 1, Milltek Cat-Back (Non-Res) , VWRacing Cold Air Intake, H&R Springs.

Post by Dunk04 »

what leds did you go for inside ? im still trying o find a decent set that will last ?
Progress Thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17459" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DAN180Y
In: Reflex Silver
Options: 18" MOMO Revenge alloys
VWR Springs
Stage 1 Remap
R side skirts
K&N Panel Filter
Front Splitter
20mm Spacers
Gloss Black VW Emblems
LED Interior Conversion

Post by DAN180Y »

mackie01 wrote:
DAN180Y wrote:looking good, i would think about taking the mud guards off though tbh

Cheers mate :-)
I know the mud flaps aren't very popular on here, but I quite like them on my car, it goes with the black on black look and makes the back of the car seem a bit lower.
I don't have Facebook, I must be like the only person that doesn't have it haha. If I did I would join it though :)
ok no worries :yes:
i just think that on a lowered car having mud flaps makes it look like a 4x4 again haha

but still a nice car so :yes:
Build Thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17836" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Current: Scirocco 2.0 GT TSI
Previous: Golf mk5 1.4 TSI Match, Golf mk4 1.6SE
mackie01

Post by mackie01 »

Dunk04 wrote:what leds did you go for inside ? im still trying o find a decent set that will last ?
I went for the LED's that Irv recommended, they looked good in his :) and they are only about £10. They are really bright and they all fit in tightly so they should last a while. Here's the link

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/281620910522?ul ... mwBanner=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Callum
mackie01

Post by mackie01 »

Just fitted the gas struts, very easy to do. Ordered them a couple of weeks ago and they came yesterday. The foamy thing was the hardest to cut