Here's My Black Scirocco

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
benny1703
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: black badges

Re: Here's My Black Scirocco

Post by benny1703 »

Looks smart, I made a T5 grill last year and it was a right pain of a job.

RE the spoiler, I've got one of those, was a different seller but I imagine they come from the same factory. I was a bit apprehensive at first with the fitting as its from China, but once it arrive the fitting was pretty much spot on thankfully!

They come with a tiny roll of double sided tape, I would recommend buying more as they don't supply enough. There is small also a gap between the spoiler and roof, I ran a line of silicone adhesive around the front edge to seal it together and smooth the gap (also stops water getting underneath it):

Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Paradox1 »

One of the nicest Rocco's on this forum!
mackie01
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: 19''Black Luganos, Sunroof, Cruise Control, Heated Leather Seats, Bluetooth, RNS510, Mudflaps, Dynaudio, Bootliner, Pressed Plates
And a few other mods viewtopic.php?f=13&t=20294

Post by mackie01 »

Jester wrote:Looks stunning mate! What I'd do for that T5 grill!
Cheers mate :) I'll sell you it for 10k haha
mackie01
Options: 19''Black Luganos, Sunroof, Cruise Control, Heated Leather Seats, Bluetooth, RNS510, Mudflaps, Dynaudio, Bootliner, Pressed Plates

Post by mackie01 »

lgovil1986 wrote:Got to ask, the red trim on the front. Where do you get this from? is this just vynl or is there a specific part?
The red trim is just vinyl tape, I got mine from Amazon but I think there is an eBay one which is better. Just clean the grill thoroughly or it will come off in the rain and wind. I used an alcoholic wipe and it was on for about a year all through winter. It's only not there now as I have a different grill fitted
mackie01

Post by mackie01 »

benny1703 wrote:Looks smart, I made a T5 grill last year and it was a right pain of a job.

RE the spoiler, I've got one of those, was a different seller but I imagine they come from the same factory. I was a bit apprehensive at first with the fitting as its from China, but once it arrive the fitting was pretty much spot on thankfully!

They come with a tiny roll of double sided tape, I would recommend buying more as they don't supply enough. There is small also a gap between the spoiler and roof, I ran a line of silicone adhesive around the front edge to seal it together and smooth the gap (also stops water getting underneath it):
rl
I quite enjoyed the challenge of making it haha. I used to build wee model aeroplanes and that so I was confident with my hands :)

That link was just a quick one to the extension, I haven't decided what I'm doing with the back yet. I will probably just get one of these as they seem easiest to fit. Have you got a link to the one you got ? You can mail me if you'd prefer. I take it they all come in carbon, I'll have to get mine painted.
mackie01

Post by mackie01 »

Paradox1 wrote:One of the nicest Rocco's on this forum!
Thanks man :yes: :clap:
benny1703
In: Rising Blue
Options: black badges

Post by benny1703 »

mackie01 wrote:
benny1703 wrote:Looks smart, I made a T5 grill last year and it was a right pain of a job.

rl
I quite enjoyed the challenge of making it haha. I used to build wee model aeroplanes and that so I was confident with my hands :)

That link was just a quick one to the extension, I haven't decided what I'm doing with the back yet. I will probably just get one of these as they seem easiest to fit. Have you got a link to the one you got ? You can mail me if you'd prefer. I take it they all come in carbon, I'll have to get mine painted.

You can get either get them in primer:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Grey-Primer-R ... SwEOxXPo1p

or carbon (this was the seller I used):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carbon-Fiber- ... 3cf1f849e5

If you want to get it colour coded then the primer one would be the best bet :)

cant comment on the build/fitment of the primer one though, I would like to think it would be ok and they used the same mould
irfscirocco
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Urano Grey

Post by irfscirocco »

nice motor mate
Zanic L3
Options: Stage 2, Catless DP, Milltek catback.

Post by Zanic L3 »

http://i66.tinypic.com/2a7sghk.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any link where I can buy this grill? Thanks in advance!
scottwilliams97
In: Candy White
Options: APR Stage 1, Milltek non-resonated catback and decat system, H&R Springs, Full Black leather, Upgraded Dynaudio speakers, Panoramic sunroof, Rear parking sensors.

Post by scottwilliams97 »

Zanic L3 wrote:http://i66.tinypic.com/2a7sghk.jpg

Any link where I can buy this grill? Thanks in advance!
Not something you can buy, as they rarely come up for sale on this forum.

You can probably find all the parts needed on ebay and build one!