Savannah Twins!

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
easyrider
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: sensors, folding mirrors, cup spoiler, pano roof, cruise, 19s, leather, rns510, power seat, xenons, LED interior/exterior & puddle lights, vwr springs, fluffy driver's glovebox, aardvark

Re: Savannah Twins!

Post by easyrider »

Olivier wrote:I have the silver ones with polished fronts: 5N0071499 666

Not sure about "gel" tyres? Are those the ones that remain driveable after a puncture?
no, those are run flats. if you get a nail in a non gel tyre they can fix it, a nail in a gel tyre they can't 'patch', so you have to bin the tyre and buy another.
Victor's thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: @quietresonance
Mostic
I drive a: R-Line
In: Oryx White
Options: Let's wait until I start the mods :)

Post by Mostic »

philjay92 wrote:Niether of us had had any rubbing when we were both on H&R springs, or now we're both on KW coilovers. We've had them tried and tested on various heights and no issue.

Unless your planning to slam it, I reckon you'll be fine
I am planning to have it with eibach sport performance spring with yellow koni shocks.
http://eibach.com/m-america/en/performa ... /sportline" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I may go for coilovers later but I didn't decide yet. Maybe KW DDC or EIBACH MULTI-PRO-R2 while a friend of mine has the VWR StreetSport PLUS Coilover Suspension Kit and he is not using it so I may go for it as it is good option too.
What do you think?
Scirocco R Build! (Fun, Tough & Cost)
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=21372" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MKV Build!
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195173" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jojreynolds
In: Rising Blue
Options: Recaro seats, rns 510, power fold mirrors, pano roof, full LED interior, LED puddle lights

Post by Jojreynolds »

As Phil said the original wheels were the anthracite colour but as they were in need of a refurb I changed to gloss black as I prefer it. It's all each to there own with colour etc. Test fitting phils hyper silver was the reason I took the Savannah plunge and never looked back. I can honestly say I've never seen a roc with a set of wheels that I prefer so know I made the right choice. The fitment is all a added bonus.
easyrider
Options: sensors, folding mirrors, cup spoiler, pano roof, cruise, 19s, leather, rns510, power seat, xenons, LED interior/exterior & puddle lights, vwr springs, fluffy driver's glovebox, aardvark

Post by easyrider »

they do look like they were made for the roc, these two Rs together are stunning...
Victor's thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Phil
In: Night Blue
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

A few from yesterday :yes:

Phil
easyrider

Post by easyrider »

lovely phil! the dusky setting is awesome, really brings out the blues [emoji7]
Mostic
I drive a: R-Line
In: Oryx White
Options: Let's wait until I start the mods :)

Post by Mostic »

Unbelievable!
You guys are killing me by posting this Savannah pics on the Rocco. I am gonna unsubscribe from this thread to save myself [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Lovely pics, lovely wheels; I wish I can get it!
Scirocco R Build! (Fun, Tough & Cost)
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=21372" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MKV Build!
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195173" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Olivier
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White

Post by Olivier »

This thread convinced me to buy these wheels and I'm very pleased with them!

easyrider

Post by easyrider »

oooh pitch invasion [emoji23] nice wheels tho [emoji106]
Phil
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

Mostic wrote:Unbelievable!
You guys are killing me by posting this Savannah pics on the Rocco. I am gonna unsubscribe from this thread to save myself [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Lovely pics, lovely wheels; I wish I can get it!
Haha sorry mate!!
Olivier wrote:This thread convinced me to buy these wheels and I'm very pleased with them!

I was really sceptical of the colour combo when you first said about it but you've really proved me wrong. This looks so good - nice one :D :yes:
easyrider wrote:oooh pitch invasion [emoji23] nice wheels tho [emoji106]
We should rename this Savannah thread instead :clap:
Phil
ArteSuave
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
With a: Manual box
Options: Savannahs, Eibach Springs

Post by ArteSuave »

These look great. They've got to be the best suited OEM wheels I've ever seen on a Scirocco.

How much do the rims stick out from the tyres with the 235s on?

What's the generally accepted "correct" size for 9J rims? 245 or 255?
Phil

Post by Phil »

Barely stick out at all on all honesty, such a minimal amount of stretch

As for what your supposed to use I would say your probably right, but I can't say for sure as I always run 235s
Phil
ArteSuave

Post by ArteSuave »

Cheers for that mate, that first picture shows the lip perfectly. You're right there's barely a stretch.

I'll have to have a look for a set. Are these available new from the dealers or will I have to find a used set? How much roughly did these set you back?
Phil

Post by Phil »

I bought them off another forum member and I'm not sure if you can get them from new anymore. I got them for 600 plus my set of inters which I replaced for 350ish (looking at it that way I got had a bit haha). Needed a bit of refurb too which cost a fair bit being diamond cut and hunting round for good place.

i'd expect to pay around the 1k mark and up if i'm honest.
Phil
Phil

Post by Phil »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-OEM-R ... SwEetV70T3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Found some for you haha
Phil
ArteSuave

Post by ArteSuave »

Ah, I see. In that case I might have to sell my luganos before I buy them. Cheers.
ArteSuave

Post by ArteSuave »

I just ordered this set from Germany (sorry if the pics are massive, I can't figure out how to adjust the size).

They're used and they've got a few small nicks but I was planning on getting them refinished in Titanium / Anthracite anyway. ~£550 including delivery.

For those interested the same ebay seller has got two more sets in a similar condition available for a similar price but they seem to be on a discount sale for the next few days.

Here

&

Here

Apologies for hijacking the thread but I figured it might come in useful for all the envious onlookers like me.
Phil

Post by Phil »

Nice!!! I imagine if you do a colour change you'll lose the diamond cut affect though wont you?
Phil
shrink
In: Rising Blue
Options: Dynaudio
19" Wheels
Folding Mirrors
Parking Sensors

Post by shrink »

are these technically the same as the ones on the audi Q3?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RtvjlHA-SmA/T ... i-Q3-2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

might give us all one more way to look for them?
Phil

Post by Phil »

Not quite
Phil