Savannah Twins!

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Phil
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Re: Savannah Twins!

Post by Phil »

easyrider wrote:
philjay92 wrote:Instagram who?
hahahaha what are you two like?! :clap:
Aiming to provide entertainment to all haha
Phil
easyrider
In: Deep Black
Options: sensors, folding mirrors, cup spoiler, pano roof, cruise, 19s, leather, rns510, power seat, xenons, LED interior/exterior & puddle lights, vwr springs, fluffy driver's glovebox, aardvark

Post by easyrider »

few i took of you two clowns the other day...

Victor's thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: @quietresonance
easyrider
Options: sensors, folding mirrors, cup spoiler, pano roof, cruise, 19s, leather, rns510, power seat, xenons, LED interior/exterior & puddle lights, vwr springs, fluffy driver's glovebox, aardvark

Post by easyrider »

Victor's thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Olivier
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White

Post by Olivier »

The Savannah wheels look GREAT, both in silver and black/silver.

Do both of them have 235 tires?

I'm thinking of getting these wheels for summer '16 with 225 tires. Don't know which will look better on candy white, silver or black/silver. Love them both!
Phil
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

Olivier wrote:The Savannah wheels look GREAT, both in silver and black/silver.

Do both of them have 235 tires?

I'm thinking of getting these wheels for summer '16 with 225 tires. Don't know which will look better on candy white, silver or black/silver. Love them both!
Yep they both run 235 tyres, and that's about right for me!

I have to be honest I really dislike the hyper silver on white, but apart from that I really love them both!
Phil
Phil

Post by Phil »

The savannahs have been reused :D
Phil
Olivier

Post by Olivier »

I ordered a set of silver Savannah's today! I think they will look great on a white one. They look bigger than the silver/black ones.

I will go for 235 also. I saw a picture of 225 on 9 x 19 and it's way to stretched.
Jojreynolds
In: Rising Blue
Options: Recaro seats, rns 510, power fold mirrors, pano roof, full LED interior, LED puddle lights

Post by Jojreynolds »

Each to there own when it comes to wheels and colour. As long as your happy with the choice that's what matters. Did you see the photo on page one when I test fitted Phils? Imo the black suits a lighter colour and the silver on dark cars.
Olivier

Post by Olivier »

Both of them are beautiful, but I also have a set of black Talladega's (and a set of BBS CH, so I'm a bit a wheel whore :D ), so I wanted to go for a little more bling this time.
shrink
With a: Manual box
Options: Dynaudio
19" Wheels
Folding Mirrors
Parking Sensors

Post by shrink »

Do these alloys fit straight onto a roc with no issues?

Are they similar offset etc to the standard 19's
Jojreynolds
Options: Recaro seats, rns 510, power fold mirrors, pano roof, full LED interior, LED puddle lights

Post by Jojreynolds »

Straight on and perfect fitment for me, front is flush and rear has very slight poke. The savannahs are ET 33 and 9j. I space my Tallys out by 15mm for winter running to keep the look similar.
Mostic
I drive a: R-Line
In: Oryx White
Options: Let's wait until I start the mods :)

Post by Mostic »

Hi Guys,
Both of you will be the reason that I will get those Savannahs for my Rocco because how it looks amazing in your cars. :clap:
I found different part numbers for the same wheel which is for sure because of different rims colors, as far as I know that part number for Savannah's wheel is "5N0071499" and the last three digits changes based on the color "AX7" or "FZZ" etc...

Also, in VW ETKA application I found that the AX7 color is "Anthracite Matt" color while it looks in the photos "Black Turned Aluminum".
http://vagfans.info/EN/volkswagen/RDW/T ... im-hub-cap" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Moreover, I found the AX7 in VW website is "Silver & Anthracite Matte" !!
http://parts.vw.com/p/19-Savannah-Wheel ... 71499.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The question is what is the wheels part number that White Rocco & Blue R are running? is it the "5N0071499AX7" or another one?
Sorry guys for many questions but it is not Cheap and I wanna buy the rims once :)

Honestly, if there is Savannah with Anthracite Matt color only like the BMW one in the link below it will be wonderful with the Oryx White Pearl color.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6589178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks a lot guys
Wait me with my Savannahs too ;) :D
Last edited by Mostic on Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scirocco R Build! (Fun, Tough & Cost)
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=21372" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MKV Build!
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195173" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
shrink
With a: Manual box
Options: Dynaudio
19" Wheels
Folding Mirrors
Parking Sensors

Post by shrink »

looks like getting standard 235 rubber on them takes quite a bit of a stretch though?
Olivier

Post by Olivier »

I just ordered 235/35R19 Conti SportContact 6 (NICE LOOKING TIRE!!!) for them. 225 is definitely too tight on 9.0, I think 235 will be just fine!
Mostic

Post by Mostic »

Olivier wrote:I just ordered 235/35R19 Conti SportContact 6 (NICE LOOKING TIRE!!!) for them. 225 is definitely too tight on 9.0, I think 235 will be just fine!
What is the part number of your savannah? and which color?
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=21372" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MKV Build!
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195173" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
easyrider

Post by easyrider »

Olivier wrote:I just ordered 235/35R19 Conti SportContact 6 (NICE LOOKING TIRE!!!) for them. 225 is definitely too tight on 9.0, I think 235 will be just fine!
are they gel tyres? had some i think and got a puncture but was unrepairable due to the gel - just something to be aware of!
Phil

Post by Phil »

235/35 is we were are both running and the amount of stretch is very tasteful. Not to much, and fits the rim nicely.

As for the part number, james has his a custom black finish but they were the ones your after.

They are both diamond cut from factory, but in the grey your after I bet they would look the nuts. Stick some pictures up on here when you get them on :)
Phil
Mostic

Post by Mostic »

philjay92 wrote:235/35 is we were are both running and the amount of stretch is very tasteful. Not to much, and fits the rim nicely.

As for the part number, james has his a custom black finish but they were the ones your after.

They are both diamond cut from factory, but in the grey your after I bet they would look the nuts. Stick some pictures up on here when you get them on :)
Thanks Phil
In this case I will go for the "5N0071499AX7" part number and let's see how it will looks like on mine.
Also, I will depend on what you guys said that it is perfect and straight forward fitment for front and rear and it won't touch the arch or suspension strut. :bow:

MKV Build!
Phil

Post by Phil »

Niether of us had had any rubbing when we were both on H&R springs, or now we're both on KW coilovers. We've had them tried and tested on various heights and no issue.

Unless your planning to slam it, I reckon you'll be fine
Phil
Olivier

Post by Olivier »

I have the silver ones with polished fronts: 5N0071499 666

Not sure about "gel" tyres? Are those the ones that remain driveable after a puncture?