My Scirocco Project

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Gazzagood
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box

My Scirocco Project

Post by Gazzagood »

So I was not going to post this until my car was finished/where I want it to be. However I am getting far to many pictures I am going to lose track, so I will use this thread to track my progress :)

So my car is a 2.0 TSI in Rising blue. I have owned it since the 1st of May 2015.

I understand some of you here dont like the whole replicate another car thing, but I am just a normal working guy and could not afford £20k cash on a top spec scirocco R so I am building one using complete OEM parts to my spec. And to be honest, its my car my choice haha so I just hope you enjoy it :)

Here she is the day I bought her:

The first thing I did was treat her to a good wash:

I then updated my RNS 510 as it was still running 2008 software!

Next I purchased a set of xenon headlights that appeared on ebay, both lights had damage so I managed to get them for £200 knowing I should be able to repair them. More on the repair later:

I had to then buy ballasts and bulbs for the lights, went for OEM on both parts.

I did not like the look of the standard pedals so I purchased genuine chrome pedals from Germany:

The car came with some tacky blue matts, they looked shocking, so I purchased a set of VW R matts as they looked nice (more on the R plans later)

I have a friend who sells LED lights on eBay so I decided to pay him a visit and have every bulb changed to an ice white LED:

Next I purchased vagcom, as I wanted to activate a few things but also needed it to fit my xenon lights:

I then purchased a scirocco R front bumper and got it ready to be repainted:

I had some paint mixed up by my mate in the bodyshop to check the colour match (it was off lol):

Next arrived my facelift R rear bumper, at this point I did not know I needed the boot and rear lights to fit the bumper! I just liked the look of it as it has more character then the pre facelift R rear:

After finding out I needed the bootlid and rear lights the hunt began... I found these in poland and picked them up for £350

After ordering them I got the bumpers ready to take to the bodyshop:

With the bumpers in the shop it was time to think about an exhaust... So I have booked in for a full BCS turbo back 3" system on the 6th of june with ceramic black tips, a little like the below (they sent me this pic):

Then my lowering springs turned up I hope to fit these next weekend:

Next a box of goodies turned up to treat the car:

Then my scirocco R rep skirts turned up, and they posted me to many door strips! Result lol, will sell the other set.

Next on to a fun part... Fitting my xenons! Turns out I did not need a new body control module as I had a highend one anyway. So we just wired up the lights and activated with vagcom!

I had to do some repairs on my lights as I purchased broken lights! 1 Needed 2 new lugs, which we pulled off my old standard lights, the other needed splitting open and repairing inside as one of the brackets had snapped off.

So firstly I took to splitting open the light and repairing the snapped part:

Once that was repaired we could move on to testing the lights and repairing the second one. I wanted to test before pulling lugs off my original non xenon lights! Everything looked good so we proceeded:

In total it cost me £480 to do my lights not including vagcom, worth it? YES

So I get home from fitting my lights at 22:30 at night and my phone rings with a Polish number, I answer and it is the delivery driver of my rear end parts saying he is 30 minutes away?? LOL wtf! He delivered my parts at 23:10 on a Saturday night! Now that is service haha:

And that is where I am at after 2 weeks of owning the car! There will be many more updates as I will use this for my future reference too.

Hope you enjoy :)
roc82

Re: My Scirocco Project

Post by roc82 »

That is an impressive project! :). Really like the mods, facelifted rear r line plus pre facelift r front is the perfect combination.
Cheers
Gazzagood

Post by Gazzagood »

roc82 wrote:That is an impressive project! :). Really like the mods, facelifted rear r line plus pre facelift r front is the perfect combination.
Cheers
That is what I thought because I prefer the facelift rear and the pre facelift front. I thought people may think it was a stupid idea, but I dont really mind what they think :lol:
Mortyy
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: parkingsensor, multifunction steering, rainsensor, dynaudio

Post by Mortyy »

nice mods and lucky with the repairs :D nice that they where so "easy" fix's!
looking forward to reading more about this one :)

oh.. btw.. where did you find the polish parts?
ive been looking on allegro.pl but they wont delivere outside of poland :(
Gazzagood

Post by Gazzagood »

Mortyy wrote:nice mods and lucky with the repairs :D nice that they where so "easy" fix's!

Thanks mate :)

I got a polish friend to phone the seller and he sorted it for me, then the polish seller found a door to door courier which was only 20 quid and it delivered 24 hours after collection. The parts arrived at 23.10pm saturday haha.

In other news, my new heater panel arrived today:

Then I found a brand new instrument cluster on eBay so decided to purchase, it has the white mfd instead of my red one:

Then I purchased blue R needles as I will be converting it to an R style cluster:

And finally I purchased the wiring adapter to make it work (along side coding of course):

whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Very interesting thread and good read so far.
Car looks great. Looking forward to seeing more updates.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Mortyy

Post by Mortyy »

Gazzagood wrote:
Mortyy wrote:nice mods and lucky with the repairs :D nice that they where so "easy" fix's!

Thanks mate :)

I got a polish friend to phone the seller and he sorted it for me, then the polish seller found a door to door courier which was only 20 quid and it delivered 24 hours after collection. The parts arrived at 23.10pm saturday haha.
oh! i see :) fancy borrowing him to me? :P
Gazzagood

Post by Gazzagood »

What parts are you after i may be able to help?
Mortyy

Post by Mortyy »

Gazzagood wrote:What parts are you after i may be able to help?
sent PM
KarmaSumatra

Post by KarmaSumatra »

And that is where I am at after 2 weeks of owning the car!
Damn, you don't hang around! Good work.
Bowser
In: Viper Green
Options: Milltek Non Res exhaust
VWR lowering springs
Neuspeed P-Flo
APR stage 1
Pressed metal plates

Post by Bowser »

That's a serious project and some massive money spent in a really short period of time! it'll look good when it's done and all be worth it.
Gazzagood

Post by Gazzagood »

Engram wrote:
And that is where I am at after 2 weeks of owning the car!
Damn, you don't hang around! Good work.
Thanks mate, I would guess a couple of months before the car is where I want it :)
Gazzagood

Post by Gazzagood »

Bowser wrote:That's a serious project and some massive money spent in a really short period of time! it'll look good when it's done and all be worth it.
Thanks dude, I estimated 5k for mods to get the car where I want it, have spent 2.9 so far lol! But I have everything apart from wheels and tyres for the exterior, and most of my interior parts are atleast on order.

But work hard play hard eh? :)
Gazzagood

Post by Gazzagood »

Not much exciting happened today! Got a delivery of some more cleaning products :)

Poor boys glass cleaner, iron x and some wheel brushes

Last edited by Gazzagood on Wed May 20, 2015 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mrbailey
In: Indium Grey
Options: Reverse parking sensors
LED DRLs
H&R springs
LED rear lights

Post by mrbailey »

Loving the work in progress. Looking forward to see how this comes along
Douggie1233

Post by Douggie1233 »

Nice thread mate! No holds barred on this project!! haha... Is the facelift R rear bumper, boot and lights a straight fit do you know?
Gazzagood

Post by Gazzagood »

Douggie1233 wrote:Nice thread mate! No holds barred on this project!! haha... Is the facelift R rear bumper, boot and lights a straight fit do you know?
I have no idea haha :D I have checked part numbers and believe it should fit on but I will find out once the rear is painted. Hoping to have it painted by the weekend as I need to do a test fit atleast so I have time to replace parts before the 6th june as that is when my exhaust is being made.

I know the rear light plugs are different so that is my first hurdle, trying to find plugs! Will hit the scrapyard saturday morning and see if they have any modern VW's that use the light plugs.
Gazzagood

Post by Gazzagood »

mrbailey wrote:Loving the work in progress. Looking forward to see how this comes along
Thanks dude
Gazzagood

Post by Gazzagood »

Got the front bumper back from the painter today, hopefully have the rear and skirts by the weekend :)

I decided to test out iron x on my wheels, considering I didnt do anything other then rinse, iron x, rinse... I would say the results are impressive:

Douggie1233

Post by Douggie1233 »

Gazzagood wrote:
Douggie1233 wrote:Nice thread mate! No holds barred on this project!! haha... Is the facelift R rear bumper, boot and lights a straight fit do you know?
I have no idea haha :D I have checked part numbers and believe it should fit on but I will find out once the rear is painted. Hoping to have it painted by the weekend as I need to do a test fit atleast so I have time to replace parts before the 6th june as that is when my exhaust is being made.

I know the rear light plugs are different so that is my first hurdle, trying to find plugs! Will hit the scrapyard saturday morning and see if they have any modern VW's that use the light plugs.
Haha, fair enough.. I'll keep following to see how the fitment goes then! will be looking to also fit the facelift rear as it adds a lot more character. :nod: