My scirocco major update

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Niqlai
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Night Blue
With a: Manual box

Re: My scirocco project - Niqlais Blue beast

Post by Niqlai »

Carlo_96 wrote:Hi,

I have facelifted my 2010 Scirocco

I have rewired my taillights and they all work perfectly

However my headlights are not working completely as the sidelights won't come on event hough the fitting and the wires are the same? (They are not the Xenon LED Headlights)

I bought all the parts that I have fitted off a 2015 R Line model

Can someone help please would be much appreciated
hey carlo .. have you changed the AFS ? and the headlights you are useing are they the 2010 or 2015 led version ?
davidscirocco
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: panorama tilting roof, electric
"interlagos" alloy wheels
sport pack
RCD 510
air-contition Climatronic with dual- zone climate control, left and right side separately controllable

Post by davidscirocco »

+Niqlai do you have any quide on how to backup the BCM and restore them on the new BCM?
Niqlai

Post by Niqlai »

davidscirocco wrote:+Niqlai do you have any quide on how to backup the BCM and restore them on the new BCM?
yeah .. can you send me your email ?
davidscirocco
sport pack
RCD 510
air-contition Climatronic with dual- zone climate control, left and right side separately controllable

Post by davidscirocco »

I just pm you! :) also if you have any other quide for the facelift xenons and tail lights i will be much appreciated :)
Niqlai

Post by Niqlai »

Played around with my boot these past weekends to improve the look and I like it :) .. what I have done..

-Removed the "old" top boot cover
-Sound profed the entire boot
-Layed a wooden floor
-RGB LED's (the color can be changed and I can dim it)
-experimented with hardend glass shards

and the finished boot

But I need some more glass shards to be 100% finished
glynforrester
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150

Post by glynforrester »

Do the 2015 lights for straight on to a 2010 or do the other panels need changing? ie - bonnet, wings
P44RYT
I drive a: R-Line
Options: Airlift Performance, Rotiform TMB 3piece 2&3" polished lips, Full 2015+ R Facelift, R-Line spec, Stage 1 remap, Black splitter & skirt extensions, Twin exit PowerFlow exhaust, Carbon Fibre diffuser, Full RamAir, Full interior & exterior white LEDs

Re: My scirocco facelift project * tinted tail lights

Post by P44RYT »

Niqlai wrote:Image
I like the look of these, mine are a bit scratched too. Just curious though, would the wires be able to be hidden? I can see these on eBay for £75 (seems expensive) but the pictures arent clear enough to show how to hide the wires :?
https://www.instagram.com/p44ryt/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
davidscirocco
sport pack
RCD 510

Post by davidscirocco »

Im guessing you need to do some drilling to hide the cables
Niqlai

Re: My scirocco project - Niqlais Blue beast - update 21-7-2

Post by Niqlai »

Hey all

Might as well be updateing as im making myself really to a fairly big competition in Denmark where a set of judges pick out 10 cars out of all the cars people registed, and everyone can register their car and its all brands .. and I have be selected as one of the 10! :hyper:

So I started of with re-spraying my brakes in green instead as I think red is to commen a color .. furthermore I had some of the parts in the engine bay hydro diped which turn out great at a bargin and lastly I borrowed an idea form our japanise friend and his stunning white R and had alcantara fitted on the door cover together with some white stichings in the middle and lastly I changed the upper part from the rubber look-a-like leather to actuel leather :)

Hope you guys like it as more will follow :yes:

And my collection of cleaning material is building up

Niqlai

Post by Niqlai »

A little update :)

Got the new generation 3D combi instrument fittet yesterday (picture will follow tomorrow) and its made ready for lane-assist, sign recognition and blind spot assist :) .. soo yet more things to play around with
Niqlai

Post by Niqlai »

crossplane wrote:
Niqlai wrote:Image
I like the look of these, mine are a bit scratched too. Just curious though, would the wires be able to be hidden? I can see these on eBay for £75 (seems expensive) but the pictures arent clear enough to show how to hide the wires :?
yes that was not a problem for me :) .. its was really easy to hide the wires
YmoRtaL71
In: Rising Blue
Options: darkened glasses,DCC, XDS

Post by YmoRtaL71 »

Excellent project congratulations, my scirocco is a 1.4 TSI SPORT and made the update to facelift the same as yours, but now one of the direction indicator leds gained water in and merged, so because of that is not working. Do you think that you can get me a chassis´s number of a R facelift for me to order the part in Vw? Just because here VW asked me for a chassis number and i do not have any. Did they asked for one as well?
Kind regards
Niqlai

Post by Niqlai »

YmoRtaL71 wrote:Excellent project congratulations, my scirocco is a 1.4 TSI SPORT and made the update to facelift the same as yours, but now one of the direction indicator leds gained water in and merged, so because of that is not working. Do you think that you can get me a chassis´s number of a R facelift for me to order the part in Vw? Just because here VW asked me for a chassis number and i do not have any. Did they asked for one as well?
Kind regards
Hey mate .. never been a problem for VW in Denmark to find the parts just on the model of the car so I dont have the åarts number but I can as a Danish VW if you want ?
thepowerlight

Post by thepowerlight »

lostpoint wrote:
Elek wrote:I am also looking for some help regarding the LED rear light upgrade, as I am making a 2014 R line into a 2015 (facelift)

I know i may need to change the BCM but i really really REALLY need some help with the wiring of the connectors, I have the new lights fitted. But i need to wire them in.
First of all, you have to order 2 x 1K8972928 sockets and 6 x 000979025E repair wires (each has 2 pins on its ends, so cut them in half to get 12 pins with wires on them).

Then, cut old sockets and assemble/wire new sockets observing the following scheme:

OLD -> NEW
1 -> 3 (the wire that previously was connected to pin 1 of old connector should now be connected to pin 3 of the new connector)
2 -> 7
3 -> 8
4 -> 5
5 -> 4
6 -> 6

After that, you can install your new rear lights. They will generally work, but slightly wrong (brake lights will light up dimmed when you'll turn sidelights on).
You will have to reconfigure your BCM using Vag Can Pro (VCP).
I can provide you with further data when you came to that step.

You don't need to replace BCM if you're not installing facelift headlights. Rear lights can be easily configured using VCP.

Are you shure? i'm trying to configured facelift rear tail light with an old bcm without success
Gazzagood
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI

Re: My scirocco - Niqlais Blue beast - Soon on Air

Post by Gazzagood »

I did it no problems with vagcom, 2008 bcm facelift rear...
Willyjay212
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: 19" alloys, remap stage 1, led lights, VAGCOM, blue interior lights, hid front head lights, after market stereo, subwoofer

Post by Willyjay212 »

MATE! You have done some work to that car!
I think I'm in love with it! Well done mate!!!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Mostic
In: Oryx White
With a: DSG box
Options: Let's wait until I start the mods :)

Post by Mostic »

Gazzagood wrote:I did it no problems with vagcom, 2008 bcm facelift rear...
Could you share how you did it with the vagcom?
Thanks
Scirocco R Build! (Fun, Tough & Cost)
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=21372" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MKV Build!
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195173" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mostic

Re: My scirocco project - faceliftet to a 2015 model

Post by Mostic »

lostpoint wrote:also, I believe that all facelift lights, front and rear, are perfectly (or nearly perfectly maybe) compatible with pre-facelift BCM. tried playing with BCM outputs via VCP today, managed to make rear lights to work 100% properly (no always-on rear fogs or anything), managed front sidelights and DRL to work.
How did you fix it with the VCP?
Thanks
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=21372" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MKV Build!
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195173" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mostic

Post by Mostic »

Niqlai wrote:Hello everyone :)

I'm not sure if okay but I'm from Danmark and as I'm always on the lookout for new inspiration and ideas to improve my scirocco I was thinking I would share my project with all of you.

My project started roughly 1 year ago and steadily increased to the point where I decided to do a complete R facelift on my car. My car is a 2.0 TDI from 2012 but a 2013 model.

List of parts:

2015 R steering wheel
2015 R front bumper
2015 R rear bumper
2015 speedometer
R side skirts
2015 R boot lid
2015 front LED xenon lights
2015 rear LED lights
2015 R leather seats
2015 R dashboard
2015 R turbo and oil gauge
R-line gear knob
19 ince R alloy wheels
R exhaust
2015 dynaudio set with dynaudio sub
Porsche Cayanne ZR18 front brakes and golf R32 breaks for the back - 345x30mm/288x15mm
Scirocco R doors

Many of you will "what the f*** .. It would be easier to buy a new car"
But I got it crazy cheap and it's more fun to build then buy and the new R will not be sold in Danmark

First I took 2015 the speedo and took it completely apart and removed the needles and the blue lights but also the outer glass to "lower" the dials to a more modern look :) with a great result.
Hi Mat, you built a very nice car, it is a continuous project as I can see :)
I agree "it's more fun to build than buy" :yes:

MKV Build!
Niqlai

Post by Niqlai »

Mostic wrote:
Niqlai wrote:Hello everyone :)

I'm not sure if okay but I'm from Danmark and as I'm always on the lookout for new inspiration and ideas to improve my scirocco I was thinking I would share my project with all of you.

My project started roughly 1 year ago and steadily increased to the point where I decided to do a complete R facelift on my car. My car is a 2.0 TDI from 2012 but a 2013 model.

List of parts:

2015 R steering wheel
2015 R front bumper
2015 R rear bumper
2015 speedometer
R side skirts
2015 R boot lid
2015 front LED xenon lights
2015 rear LED lights
2015 R leather seats
2015 R dashboard
2015 R turbo and oil gauge
R-line gear knob
19 ince R alloy wheels
R exhaust
2015 dynaudio set with dynaudio sub
Porsche Cayanne ZR18 front brakes and golf R32 breaks for the back - 345x30mm/288x15mm
Scirocco R doors

Many of you will "what the f*** .. It would be easier to buy a new car"
But I got it crazy cheap and it's more fun to build then buy and the new R will not be sold in Danmark

First I took 2015 the speedo and took it completely apart and removed the needles and the blue lights but also the outer glass to "lower" the dials to a more modern look :) with a great result.
Hi Mat, you built a very nice car, it is a continuous project as I can see :)
I agree "it's more fun to build than buy" :yes:
It hit a little standstill but I hope for a lot more updates soon :)

but here a little taste of mod that I will post some pictures of in there near future.

- Custom seats together with steeringwheel and blue stitchings
- G.A.S v2 airride with E-level management
- A redo of some of the interior
- A match amp for the dynaudio system an maybe 4 more speakers for a total of 12
- The new navigation from the 2016 GTS
- some modification in the engine bay

and lastly .. I have played with the idea of making this a Diesel "R" which means i will try go get atleast 245bhp out of it and if possible 265.. i dont know if this can be done an I would line to hear your thoughts about it