Bagged Scirocco from Finland / / Facelift

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Jimijokela
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Airlift Performance suspension, Work Emitz 10"x19", 10.5"x19", R-bodykit and exhaust, Mk7 flat bottom steering wheel, remap, carbon interior, fully working Facelift R bi-xenons.

Re: Bagged Scirocco from Finland / / Rare wheels

Post by Jimijokela »

The work i've done with this car last weekend is huge, may not sound much but those rear bushings / camber kit was pain in the ass.

So like said i changed the rear bushing (were you adjust toe) and put on camber kit so i can adjust rear camber easily. I had to cut off the eccentric bolts since they were stuck on bushings. But that was it, atleast i have new bushings and eccentric bolts now.

So these are my new problem makers. Rare set of Work Emitz, fronts are 10x19" and rears 11x19" So happy with these. Some paint has came of due tire assemblys but we'll fix it when everything else is sorted out.

Untitled by Jimi Jokela, on Flickr

That 11" rear wheel would fit on drivers side, but not on passengers because of fuel lines. So i need to sandwich mount them, but im going to put center behind the lips not on front like usually. So this is what happens to wheels dimensions

One thing i have to say about the colour of these. It is really good! :D I usually never like black wheels but these are not black :clap: Its turns little bit to blue and has nice shine. Pictures just wont do justice to the colour.
Jimijokela
Options: Airlift Performance suspension, Work Emitz 10"x19", 10.5"x19", R-bodykit and exhaust, Mk7 flat bottom steering wheel, remap, carbon interior, fully working Facelift R bi-xenons.

Re: Bagged Scirocco from Finland / / Rare Wheels

Post by Jimijokela »

Everything is finally working. When all down the wheel is ~2mm off the diesel lines so you could say that the arches are pretty well filled :D

Friend of mine fixed the rear wheels since there were lots of paint missing.

dont worry about the front picture, rears didn't sit as supposed then.

After picking wheels from painting i took little slice off the rubber and now both sides sits like this.

Burnzi90
In: Deep Black

Post by Burnzi90 »

That is sat perfectly! Love this wheels
Tom
Options: #TeamAF

INSTAGRAM: @tomhamsyo
Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

Most definitely one of my favourite sciroccos Jimi, it's looking awesome!

Did you wrap the lower bit of your rear bumper? I was thinking of doing mine but was undecided... Think pics of yours has sold the idea to me though!
http://www.autofinesse.co.uk
DM me for Scirocco Central exclusive Autofinesse discounts/freebies with your next order!
Jimijokela

Post by Jimijokela »

UKtom: It's painted with plastidip. I was unsure if i like it or not so i desided to try dipping. I tried to wrap but it's so difficult.. :D I dont have any picture but the line were paint stops i did with very thin pinstripping tape and then just covered everything. Turned out quite nice.

Thanks guys! Last weekend we had show called FittedFest, here on Finland and it was great. Good weather and nice cars. Here is some pictures of my car.

When i was already on my way home i received a message that guys from xs mag wanted to do a photoshoot of my car, so i turned around and we did the photoshoot on next day. Looking forward to see the pictures.

SteTSI
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160

Post by SteTSI »

In love :nod:
Ryan.h

Post by Ryan.h »

So different with those wheels, but so nice!
AaronBeaumont
I drive a: Haven't decided yet
In: Deep Black
Options: -

Post by AaronBeaumont »

Looks so much cleaner with the new wheels on :yes:
eMiL-VR6
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Indium Grey
Options: Media-In, RNS 510, Black windows and GIAC Extreme, 300whp+

Post by eMiL-VR6 »

That's just... SICK!!

Those rims are stunning!
Jimijokela

Post by Jimijokela »

I could do a small update here now.

The xs-mag coverage of my car came out and here is the pictures.

Untitled by
Jimi Jokela, on Flickr

Untitled by
Jimi Jokela, on Flickr

Then few random photos..

Untitled by
Jimi Jokela, on Flickr

I also bought R rear bumper and it's waiting respraying and new exhaust.

Untitled by
Jimi Jokela, on Flickr
Tom
Options: #TeamAF

INSTAGRAM: @tomhamsyo
Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

This is by far my favourite scirocco around, so much inspiration! :love:
http://www.autofinesse.co.uk
DM me for Scirocco Central exclusive Autofinesse discounts/freebies with your next order!
RoccoDav
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI

Post by RoccoDav »

so sick! Followed on Instagram!!
Aaronrs600

Post by Aaronrs600 »

going back to the first page, i love your tool rack =P wish i could be that organised
Jimijokela

Post by Jimijokela »

Haha aaron! It's so much easier to do everything when they are in order.

So. R bumper is going to be resprayed tomorrow and exhaust arrived today. Future is looking bright to me. :D

I also wrapped interior. Very big improvement to the silver.. :faint: And if you look closely enough you'll see that i also bought metal foot rest.

Before.
ImageUntitled by Jimi Jokela, on Flickr

After.

Last photos with emitz.. Now they are going to be rebuild.

Aaaaaand i changed winter wheels.. lol.

Jimijokela

Re: Bagged Scirocco from Finland / / Rare Wheels "Diesel R"

Post by Jimijokela »

Diesel R :hyper:

Jimijokela

Post by Jimijokela »

Retrofitted mk7 steering wheel. Too simple. It looks and feels really good.

Not going to do full diy, but if you need help dm me or ask in instagram. So just basicly:

The before pic:

1: Disconnect battery and wait for 15min
2: Put keys to ignition so you can turn your steering wheel
3: Turn it 90 degrees and look with mirror, there is a spring behind the steering wheel which you have to press towards the center of sw, now turn it 180 degrees and repeat
4: Straighten up the steering wheel and take the airbag and airbag connector of (place the airbag somewhere safe vw logo pointing up)

5: Now you can see the m12 xzn screw (if you dont have that key you can use T55 torx, it's not recommended but i used it)

6: Pull steering wheel off
7: Place new steering wheel on and make sure these dots match (it wasnt correct in this picture)

8: Use thread lock on the bolt and tighten it to 50nm
9: Put the airbag connector on and press airbag to its place
10: Reconnect the battery and you shouldnt have airbag light on

I had few lights on, but when i went to a ride they all got away.

And the after.
roc82

Post by roc82 »

Looks great! Definitely a mod that i intent to do in the future, because i find the current steering wheel to be too big.
Does the old airbag fit into the new steering wheel?
Jimijokela

Post by Jimijokela »

Hi roc82 and sorry for delay on my answer.. Old airbag doesnt fit. You have to buy mk7 one..

Did i nice thing to rocco today. I figured that the blue stitching on my steering wheel needs something with it, so i bought R needles and leds to my cluster.. Small diy again, but i you can ask me if you need help.

Okay so first thing i did was took the - cable off the battery.

Then theres a little plastic cover underneath the cluster which comes off by simply pulling it down. It helps if you fully extend and lower your steering wheel. Now you see two torx screws, they are the only thing holding cluster in place. Take them off and you can pull the cluster off. Now remove the connector on back, it was pretty tight but easy still.

So thats the "easy part" of this :clap:

Cluster looked like this:

Taking the front plastic is pretty much self-explanatory, two little torx srews and then clips you have to pull. It's easier if you have someone with you. Now you have to take the needles off. They can be pain in the ass, but really it was easier than i thought. I grapped them with thumb and index finger, slightly wiggled and pulled them off, some people say that you have to mark where they were but everything is just basicly pointing to 0 so just put them in the same position and you'll be golden.

Now it should look like this.

Now you need to take "backgrounds" (dont know the correct word) off. Rev part comes off when you turn it counterclockwise and speedo clockwise. Temperature / fuel just simply lift the top and pull. Everything is _really_ easy and you know exactly what you need to do when you see it yourself.

I dont have photo off this part but now there is white plastic which has three pins, one on the left on, center and one on right. Still, really easy. You can pull them with small screwdriver and simply pull the part off. Now it should look like this.

The ones with red circles are for the needles. I used SMD LED PLCC-2 3528 leds. They are perfect for this (atleast on my mind, just the right brightness). The black circles are for background lights, mines were already white so i didnt change them.

Image22887409233_25d6047c2f_o by Jimi Jokela, on Flickr

I'm not going to go any deeper with soldering.. If you dont know how to do it, make someone else do the job. There is quite much space so it's really not that hard.

Now time for test!!

Everything worked so i was pretty delighted :hyper: :clap:

At this point i realized that the needles i bought weren't correct so i had to "customize" the old ones. :yummy:

There's paint underneath the needle so i just scraped it off with blade.. It comes off easily, only problem is taking the paint from the "inside" off that black plastic ring.

All ready.. It helps if you are doing this with white paper underneath so you'll see all the paint which is still left.

I wanted to use tape, but i was on a rush so went to supermarket on bought blue nail polish.. :clap: :clap: You can choose the shade yourself :clap:

Put littlebit nailpolish on a paper and dipped the bottom side of the needle in it. Wiped everything off from the sides and let it dry.

When dry just put everything together like you took them off, Put needles on same position they were. I used pressured air to get all the dust off.

Now just go back to your car, put the connector on, and enjoy. So pleased with mines.

I'll take better pictures tomorrow and add them here.

The reason i wrote this on my topic and not on different thread with "full" details off this DIY is that im not pro and this was only my style off doing this. It's not my reason if you fuck your cluster up.

Oh, and i also bought facelift R bi-xenon headlights.. But thats a different story ;)

benny1703
In: Rising Blue
Options: black badges

Post by benny1703 »

This is awesome mate! Changing to blue needles doesn't look as scary as I first thought, i'm very tempted. Helpful guide as well :yes:

Also those facelift xenon headlights are just amazing, can't wait to see them fitted :hyper:
Jimijokela

Post by Jimijokela »

Thanks benny! Just would like to get some help from people who has done it, but nobody answers.. :mad: If someday i'll get those working new diy coming up.