Another candy white rocco

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
StuRenfrew
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: n/a

Another candy white rocco

Post by StuRenfrew »

Hi everybody!

I picked up my scirocco on Monday night and I've been in love with it since haha. It's a 14 plate 170 gt with 7000 miles on the clock.

I passed my trade test the other week the day before my 21st so I decided it was time to treat myself and upgrade from my 04 plate 1.8 corsa sri.

I've not really got any major plans for it at the moment apart from upgrading the lights inside and out. I'm going to enjoy as it is for a couple of months and then maybe look into mods a bit more. The only thing that's annoying me about the car is how quickly the windscreen steams up and how long it takes to de mist it the morning, does anyone else get this?

Anyways here's some picsImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shaun1982
With a: DSG box

Re: Another candy white rocco

Post by Shaun1982 »

Welcome mate. Can't say I've really noticed about the screen,but I do tend to keep the blowers on screen all the time. Maybe when I go to move it this morning it might take a while as it's very icy now
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Welcome!
I also have the same problem with screen misting up.
i sorted this by placing one of those small silca gel bags directly under the windscreen. No problems since
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
RoccoTom
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Indium Grey
Options: Cruise control
Auto folding mirrors
'R' side sill strips
Luxury mats

Post by RoccoTom »

Hi StuRenfrew - car looks good! Yes, I have the same issue with the steaming up windscreen around this time of year.

I'm in Renfrewshire myself, so I'll keep my eyes peeled for you when I'm out and about... Enjoy the new toy!

Tom
Phil
In: Night Blue
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:Welcome!
i sorted this by placing one of those small silca gel bags directly under the windscreen. No problems since
Haha cracking idea - never thought of that :yes:
Phil
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

philjay92 wrote:
whiteDevil_170 wrote:Welcome!
Haha cracking idea - never thought of that :yes:
got sick of finishing work and going to my car to find a my windscreen completely misted up and take forever to demist. Had a thought one day about those little bags you get with shoes and other stuff that absorb the moisture. Tried it a few times and worked a treat. No problems since. So i just leave it there and no mist :yes:
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
StuRenfrew

Post by StuRenfrew »

Cheers guys! I've ordered some wee dehumidifier bags off eBay and I'll give them a go. I was washing the car today and noticed a dent just about one of the jacking points which has went through the paint :( I'm thinking about getting it sorted after New Years and getting the black trim on the sides colour coded at the same time

StuRenfrew

Post by StuRenfrew »

Forgot to ask, what bulbs to people tend to go for when changing them? I had mtec cosmos blues in my Corsa which were good so I might buy another set of them

StuRenfrew

Post by StuRenfrew »

finally discovered why the windscreen was misting up so badly. There was a leak in the drivers footwell which was causing it so the car went back to the dealer to get fixed, turned out the windscreen wasn't sealed properly :eek: I got the car back last week and its sorted and now it barely mists up :D Also fitted mtec cosmos blue bulbs and debadged the back, ill get some photos up soon :yes:
StuRenfrew

Post by StuRenfrew »

Decided to add a white pinstripe to the lower grill after browsing the forum and seeing a few others that had been done
I love it, it breaks up the black nicely I think[emoji108]fitted sill protectors aswell and took some picturesImageImageImageImage I'll be upgrading the interior lights to leds next then I'm not sure what will be next

whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Looking good. The White pin stripe suits it. I have red but havnt got round to fitting it yet.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
urban0802
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Sat nav, pan roof, winter pack, full leather, black badges, debadged rear.

Post by urban0802 »

Did you use pin stripe tape for the white pin stripe? If so what make etc. Cheers
StuRenfrew

Post by StuRenfrew »

urban0802 wrote:Did you use pin stripe tape for the white pin stripe? If so what make etc. Cheers
I used 6mm pinstripe tape. Here's the link to the stuff I got http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 34&alt=web" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
StuRenfrew

Post by StuRenfrew »

Fitted black badges[emoji108]ImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Arjan91
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: REVO Stage 1

Post by Arjan91 »

did you just spray over your vw badges? looks good man
StuRenfrew

Post by StuRenfrew »

Cheers mate. I got a set of black badges from parts4euro buddy, there $40 for a set. It works out around £28
Phil
In: Night Blue
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

Looks very smart :yes:
Phil
StuRenfrew

Post by StuRenfrew »

philjay92 wrote:Looks very smart :yes:
Cheers buddy[OK HAND SIGN] I kerbed my alloy badly last week so I decided to put the car in and get the wheels refurbed black, I can't upload pictures from my phone anymore for some reason so ill try it on the ipad soon
StuRenfrew

Post by StuRenfrew »

Forgot to upload this

StuRenfrew

Post by StuRenfrew »

I got some Carlab drls but when I installed them I found out they were gubbed[emoji19] you could barely tell they were on Image