Tom's Bagged TDiR : FULL 2016 R Fakelift - NOW SOLD - 11 Aug

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Tom
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: #TeamAF

INSTAGRAM: @tomhamsyo
Auto Finesse Sponsored

Re: UKtom's Candy White OEM+

Post by Tom »

Haha Cheers for the comments :D yeah I'm keen to put the standard wheels back on for a couple of reasons:

1) The last show I'm attending this year is the beginning of August, so no need to keep the show wheels on any longer and risk damage/kerbing.
2) You can never predict English weather!
3) They are potentially being sold next month to make way for something new next show season!

I did some edits last night of wheel colours, I personally think anthracite looks the best - just looks clean and oem+. (Less is more!) ...thoughts?

Hyper silver:

Anthracite:

Teal:

Bronze:

Tom
http://www.autofinesse.co.uk
DM me for Scirocco Central exclusive Autofinesse discounts/freebies with your next order!
Paddy_R
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
With a: DSG box

Post by Paddy_R »

I'm a big fan of anthracite myself (I have 19'' anthracite rims waiting to go on my candy white when funds allow for tyres). Teal looks awful in my opinion, not quite sure about bronze either. Silver always works though.
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

Paddy_R wrote:I'm a big fan of anthracite myself (I have 19'' anthracite rims waiting to go on my candy white when funds allow for tyres). Teal looks awful in my opinion, not quite sure about bronze either. Silver always works though.
Thanks man, I completely agree! So much so that I went to hellfrauds and purchased some paint... Who'd have known picking a specific colour grey could be so hard?

After about 30 mins of umm'ing and ahh'ing, I chose this. Ford Nimbus Grey from a Sierra Cosworth:

Finished the second wheel too today. Only 2 more to go!

Tom
DM me for Scirocco Central exclusive Autofinesse discounts/freebies with your next order!
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

Today I got round to bodging a job I've been meaning to do for a while. My LED/DRL units expose the 501 connector, and I was always weary about it getting wet in the rain and causing an electrical fault:

Being the director of bodge awesomeness ( :D ) I used some hose pipe and electrical tape to seal the connector - water/corrosion free. The hosepipe sat perfectly in the connector and I taped the other end to stop any water etc getting in :)

These also arrived this morning, ready for my winter wheels once I've finished refurbing :) Fresh centre caps from VW!

Tom
Phil
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Night Blue
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

Tom... you are a genius.
Phil
ash.mtl
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: H&R Lowering Springs
Matte Anthracite Intergalos
K&N Panel Filter
Beru ignition coils
Stance + Spacers
Rear De-Wipe ( kill all wipers )

Post by ash.mtl »

Defo anthracite , looking at getting mine done so interested to see how it looks
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

Haha thanks guys! Phil - I've got loads of hose left if you need any :D

Tom
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

Messy garage but reallllyyyy happy with how these are turning out! Prep work pays off... :eyepop:

Tom
Shaun1982
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184

Post by Shaun1982 »

Any more updates on the wheels mate?
tommoporter47
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Viper Green

Post by tommoporter47 »

Have you done all the wheels yourself? Have much in the way of curb marks to deal with? Thinking of doing my standard turbines but some of them have quite bad curb marks from the previous owner but don't fancy paying someone to do it if it isn't that bad to work with. Done some body stuff before.
easyrider
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
Options: sensors, folding mirrors, cup spoiler, pano roof, cruise, 19s, leather, rns510, power seat, xenons, LED interior/exterior & puddle lights, vwr springs, fluffy driver's glovebox, aardvark

Post by easyrider »

pics of them on, tom?
Victor's thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: @quietresonance
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

Shaun1982 wrote:Any more updates on the wheels mate?
tommoporter47 wrote:Have you done all the wheels yourself? Have much in the way of curb marks to deal with? Thinking of doing my standard turbines but some of them have quite bad curb marks from the previous owner but don't fancy paying someone to do it if it isn't that bad to work with. Done some body stuff before.
easyrider wrote:pics of them on, tom?
Thanks Guys! No pics of them on yet, they are still being painted :)

tommo - yeah I've done them all myself, including fixing the kerbing. I used p38 filler to fix the kerb marks dude!

I'm trying to do as many light layers as possible to get the best finish I can. Today I applied a final coat to the wheels, they are pretty much ready for lacquer now!

Pics of how they are currently:

...and a pic of the car from Santapod at the weekend. I spent 5 hours washing, claying, applying extra gloss protection, polishing and waxing the front end (bonnet, bumper and wings). By the time I had finished the second wing I had 0 motivation to do the rest of the car haha!

Tom
Last edited by Tom on Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Shaun1982

Post by Shaun1982 »

Looking good so far. This is the point I'd get to where it stops being good enough usually.I can't ever get a finish I'm happy with once lacquered no matter how much I put on lol
benny1703
In: Rising Blue
Options: black badges

Post by benny1703 »

:yes: Looks good dude, all the prep work pays off in the end! Look forward to seeing them on.
Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

They are looking great Tom [emoji108]

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
roc82

Post by roc82 »

They look stunning in anthracite!
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

They do look great.
And the car looks super clean
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
alanr
In: Indium Grey
Options: GT 2.0 TDI 184 tdi r line. Black addition

Post by alanr »

Car looks spot on and very clean .
What wax are you using please , i have the same colour and just used last of my werskstat kit and cant get anymore

Thanks
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

Thanks for the comments guys, glad the colour has got some positive responses! The finish isn't 100% perfect if you're anal, but for a DIY home job costing under £50 I am really happy with how they've turned out :D

I applied another coat to the wheels last night, probably do another coat again tonight and then leave them to harden for the weekend when I'll lacquer them.

Alan - the wax I use is fusso 99 soft wax. It's amazing, beads so well but the only downside is that it isn't as durable as other waxes I've used. I also rate the AutoGlym HD Wax - probably the best all rounder. Durable and provides sufficient protection - one coat lasted me about 6 months with regularly/weekly washes :)

Tom
alanr
In: Indium Grey
Options: GT 2.0 TDI 184 tdi r line. Black addition

Post by alanr »

Thanks for reply uktom

Will try the fusso.. Did You buy it from nipponshine ?