Tom's Bagged TDiR : FULL 2016 R Fakelift - NOW SOLD - 11 Aug

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
AndyK
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Re: UKtom's Candy White OEM+ Rocco - Progress!

Post by AndyK »

What snow foam do you use ?
StuRenfrew
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: n/a

Post by StuRenfrew »

The colour coded side strips make a big difference! The cars looking awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tom
Options: #TeamAF

INSTAGRAM: @tomhamsyo
Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

AndyK wrote:What snow foam do you use ?
Autobrite dude, it's the best I've used for thickness :)
StuRenfrew wrote:The colour coded side strips make a big difference! The cars looking awesome

Thanks bud! They transform the look of the car... just needs to be lowered now!

I dropped the rocco off at VW yesterday as it's booked in for a cam belt, water pump and MOT Monday. They gave me a golf as a courtesy vehicle - it feels so boring in comparison... definitely made the right choice with the scirocco! :vibes:

Tom
http://www.autofinesse.co.uk
DM me for Scirocco Central exclusive Autofinesse discounts/freebies with your next order!
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

UKtom wrote:
StuRenfrew wrote:The colour coded side strips make a big difference! The cars looking awesome

I dropped the rocco off at VW yesterday as it's booked in for a cam belt, water pump and MOT Monday. They gave me a golf as a courtesy vehicle - it feels so boring in comparison... definitely made the right choice with the scirocco! :vibes:

Tom
Thicker snowfoam doesn't necessarily mean better cleaning power. Alot of people on detailing world don't like too thick of a snowfoam as it hangs around to much and doesn't clean that well. I Must admit when thicker it looks better. But i prefer something like auto finesse avalanche to auto brite. Not as thick but much better cleaning power. Every one has their own tastes when it comes to snowfoam but i prefer a thinner foam with better cleaning power.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:
UKtom wrote:

Tom
Thicker snowfoam doesn't necessarily mean better cleaning power. Alot of people on detailing world don't like too thick of a snowfoam as it hangs around to much and doesn't clean that well. I Must admit when thicker it looks better. But i prefer something like auto finesse avalanche to auto brite. Not as thick but much better cleaning power. Every one has their own tastes when it comes to snowfoam but i prefer a thinner foam with better cleaning power.
I agree. To be fair I honestly think snow foam is a huge gimmick anyway, only works if you have thick dirt caked on the vehicle.
DM me for Scirocco Central exclusive Autofinesse discounts/freebies with your next order!
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

I also agree that its a bit of a gimmick. Although it looks cool . I dont often snowfoam my car anymore as i cba.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
V5pdt
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: DSG box

Post by V5pdt »

I have the dectane rear lights and so far so good with them. Changed vagcom to single fog light and extended the fog light bulb holder from the left cluster to the right and now uk road legal! Will post up pics when back from having some work done if needed?

Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

V5pdt wrote:I have the dectane rear lights and so far so good with them. Changed vagcom to single fog light and extended the fog light bulb holder from the left cluster to the right and now uk road legal! Will post up pics when back from having some work done if needed?

Thanks buddy! I won't be purchasing them for a while and I'm also torn between them and some scirocco R rear lights!

On another note, I got the scirocco back yesterday. VW were doing a deal for a new cambelt and water pump change for a steal at just £349!! (ends the end of December though so if you need to do yours, book it in quick!). It also passed it's MOT first time with no advisories :lol:

The salesman said it was the cleanest scirocco he's ever seen! :rolleyes: Now to pay for tax, then focus on the mods! So excited to get started properly on the car :)

Tom
Shaun1982

Post by Shaun1982 »

Is that Cambelt £349 plus vat or including please dude?
tommoporter47
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Viper Green

Post by tommoporter47 »

Rocco's looking savage dude. Every thought about going Hydro instead of Air? Someone I know had air fitted a few weeks ago and its already gone wrong. Also you done anything Headlight wise? HID's or upgraded bulbs?
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

Shaun1982 wrote:Is that Cambelt £349 plus vat or including please dude?
All inclusive of VAT dude! Only £299 if you only want the cam belt done too! Further details here:

http://m.hotukdeals.com/deals/vw-cambel ... arded=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :yes:
tommoporter47 wrote:Rocco's looking savage dude. Every thought about going Hydro instead of Air? Someone I know had air fitted a few weeks ago and its already gone wrong. Also you done anything Headlight wise? HID's or upgraded bulbs?
Thanks man! I haven't actually considered them no! Have you had any experience with them?

No HID's for me, I hate how they blind other drivers! I did purchase some 6000k halogen bulbs though, they look absolutely amazing and only £15 (£30 if you do full beams too). Admittedly they're no better light output wise, but give the car a different appearance at night:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271132997167" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tom
Last edited by Tom on Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shaun1982

Post by Shaun1982 »

Cheers Tom. Think I'll have to stick it on the credit card & get it booked in.
JillD
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140

Post by JillD »

Brilliant posts tom! Looking great.. Can't wait to see what it's like properly on air.
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

JillD wrote:Brilliant posts tom! Looking great.. Can't wait to see what it's like properly on air.
Thanks Jill, great to get some positive feedback :)

I haven't updated in a while, lots of saving has been happening and in the next month or two the rocco will be going on air! I've chosen Airlift Performance struts with V2 management and I literally can't wait! It's slowly piecing all together ready for car shows this year :hyper:

I gave the car a full winter protection detail last week with a friend, so a couple of obligatory cleaning pics below!

Thanks for reading.
Tom
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

A little update!! My new splitter arrived today - I did plan on waiting for the car to be lowered before fitting it but impatience got the better of me!

It was a relatively straight forward and simple fit, although I'm not 100% happy with how it sits so will be giving it some adjustment tomorrow. I'll let the pics do the talking...

I'm really pleased with it! Next on the agenda should be lows :lol: Hope you guys like!

Tom
feeney
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black

Post by feeney »

Looking forwards to seeing it on air man... mines currently undergoing the conversion aswell :hyper:
ash.mtl
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: H&R Lowering Springs
Matte Anthracite Intergalos
K&N Panel Filter
Beru ignition coils
Stance + Spacers
Rear De-Wipe ( kill all wipers )

Post by ash.mtl »

Love it so far mate
Defo like the black roof on a candy
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

Haven't updated here in a while! So most of you will know I was saving for air for the past 6 months or so, I was ready to purchase it last week but thought I'd call my insurance beforehand. Long story short, Aviva won't insure air suspension. :sadbanana: I would have switched insurers, but I have 3 months left until I gain another years NCB so not worth it.

Dreams ruined, I saw it as a sign and to cheer myself up, made a few impulse purchases! :banana:

Firstly were a set of brand new genuine R rear lights from the dealer. I'm a bit fussy with things like this, I prefer to buy brand new OEM spec than eBay second hand ones - do it once, do it properly and all that. Here they are:

(ignore the dirty boot!!)

I also impulse bought some coilovers. After reading lots of reviews and after having the same brand on one of my previous cars (MINI Cooper S), I went for AP. I never had any complaints when they were fitted before, they were really comfy and excellent value for money. More pics when they arrive :)

I've also booked it in at a local body shop for this coming Saturday - front bumper is being resprayed, numberplate being smoothed and I'm also colour coding the side of the grills as most people do to give it a 'R look'. Rear badge is being colour coded too - pics to come.

Wheel wise I'm stuck for ideas - I really love Rotiform IND's but they're too common on sciroccos for my liking, so keeping my eyes peeled for something special :)

Hope you guys like... can't wait for it to be low now (even if it is on coilovers :()

Tom
AndyK
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160

Post by AndyK »

Only reason I didn't drop mine on coilies is because of the dcc. Need to mess around to get the light to stop flashing and tape up the ends of the plugs or just buy a kit to prevent any errors. Just dropping it on springs and when I get an R, I'll drop it on air. Just won't tell insuranc. They still think my scirocco is standard
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

These beauties arrived today... can't wait to fit them now!

More pics to follow once fitted :)

Tom