Scirocco CR170 "Project Racek0r"

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
SPEEDDRV
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Remapped to 187hp.
Dectane front blinker, piano black interior trim, Eonon head unit, front and rear camera, gloss black rear diffuser, full interior LED, full rear LED bulbs, cold start diagnostic off via ODIS, long press on keyfob to close electric mirrors. XDS on Strong. Many more mods...

Re: Scirocco CR170 "Project Racek0r"

Post by SPEEDDRV »

Awesome pics my friend!! :D
Roy_01
In: Sumatra

Post by Roy_01 »

Beautifull pictures! No parking hehe.
xjay1337
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
With a: Manual box
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Post by xjay1337 »

Thank you both :)

We have finished the rebuild of the engine and we are very happy with the results.

Image2017-04-16_09-46-10 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

ImageIMG_20170415_212828_762 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

This has been an awful lot of work which without Bobby would not have been possible.
We have many custom fabricated parts for this build.
BSR ported head, bsr custom valve springs, bsr cp3 pump, custom injectors, all engine software and engine build done by Bobby.

We are very very happy with this result. EGTs under 900 at WOT. Still making over 300bhp at 5200rpm.
click for build thread
Check out Fat Bear Photography
deano_123
In: Reflex Silver

Post by deano_123 »

Did you find out what was the cause of the high temps and leaks on the old engine?
Harry_VW
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: Heated leather, navigation, panoramic roof, 19" lugano, pearlescent black.

Post by Harry_VW »

Wow.
xjay1337
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Post by xjay1337 »

deano_123 wrote:Did you find out what was the cause of the high temps and leaks on the old engine?
Yes bud, stock head warped. Should be fine with 12.9 bolts now.
click for build thread
Roy_01
In: Sumatra

Post by Roy_01 »

Insane figures wow, do you have some video's?
Sound like a lot of working hours you've got in it but the result is there.
xjay1337

Post by xjay1337 »

No videos yet.
The clutch started slipping a few days after the dyno run so no point.
No other issues with the car so far, it's been good as gold.
Only 17 days till my new clutch kit goes in and I can actually enjoy my performance, and I'm aiming to go to Santa Pod 2 days after to get some times.

Went out for the day with some mates at the weekend and I got a couple of pics from the wood we got lost in.

ImageIMG_4400-1 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4404-3 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Image20170520_154352_HDR (1)-10 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr
click for build thread
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Paradox1 »

This must absolutely fly!!!
Hope to see it one day
xjay1337

Post by xjay1337 »

I'm sure we can arrange a meet up and a passenger ride :)

Forgot to say, I was bored on Sunday so thought I'd try out painting the tyres, since I had gotten new Yokohama AD08Rs.
Quite happy with the result.

Image20170521_133059 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr
click for build thread
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Paradox1 »

Looks good. And im well up for a passenger ride!

How did you do the tyres, with a stencil or a steady hand?
xjay1337

Post by xjay1337 »

Paradox1 wrote:Looks good. And im well up for a passenger ride!

How did you do the tyres, with a stencil or a steady hand?
Just got some tyre pen, you can use oil based paint if you want and a steady hand.
Not perfect up close but 3 ft away look good enough :)
click for build thread
xjay1337

Post by xjay1337 »

I decided to paint my front calipers to match the rears.

Before:

After:

Image2017-06-13_10-44-26 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Also went to AKS and got the clutch swapped out - FINALLY - it lasted about 2 days after mapping. Nearly 60k on the previous 6 Paddle and DMF kit so lasted very well indeed.
Replaced with new 6 Paddle unit and SMF. SMF comes with higher clamp force cover plate.

This was the flywheel when it came out.

Image20170608_140536 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

The clutch plate itself had hardly worn. But the flywheel and cover plate had seen better days.
It does rattle quite a bit on idle without the clutch depressed but it revs quicker and just feels nicer in general.

Also fitted a clutch bypass switch. You always had to have the clutch depressed to start the car before but now it doesn't need that.
This was done as when fitting SMF kits it can damage the thrust bearing which can kill the engine so better to be safe than sorry.

While it was in the air we did the oil and filter as I bought 2 when the engine was rebuilt. Now running Millers CFS NT+ 5w40.

Done around 2000 miles on the new head turbo etc and nothing has broken :)

Image2017-06-23_02-49-25 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

- New Bilstein B16 / PSS10
- New OEM rear top mounts / bump stops (not really needed but hey).
- Powerflex Rear arm bushes (inner and outer)
- Superpro Trailing arm bushes
- New drop links (front + rear)
- N/S outer CV is leaking grease so have a new boot but will replace driveshaft if it's buggered.
- Ground Control Top mounts
- AKS Tuning fast road/track alignment

Not long till they're all fitted, only a couple of weeks, so very excited.
click for build thread
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

You dirty boy getting the B16s, loved the Billies on my Mk6 they were just awesome
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
xjay1337

Post by xjay1337 »

Got all the suspension on on Tuesday, took a bit longer than anticipated so I ended up getting a lift home on Tuesday evening and collected the car on Thursday.

Also got full Superpro rear bush kit, new drop links front and rear, new rear top mounts, and some modifications to my turbo intake pipe and boost pipework.

It's amazing!! So much better. You can certainly tell the suspension is a quality item rather than a budget lowering option. It's actually ever so slightly higher than it was before now too but hey ho.

IMG_20170711_194314_205 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

FB_IMG_1500282516058 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Tested it out at Donnington Park on Sunday at VAG Tuner VW show.
As a package it was very, very capable. Next chassis mod is a LSD but given the power and torque it does manage really well without one.
Unfortunately I got black flagged twice as I was tripping the noise meters ... 98db driveby, I was around 101 db.

All good in the hood so far :)
click for build thread
Psycho Kirky
In: Salsa Red
Options: MODS-
K&N Typhoon Induction kit
BCS Powervalve custom sport TBE
REVO Stage 2 remap
Airtec Stage 2 Intercooler
Forge diverter/recirculation valve
Sachs Performance clutch
'Heavy Set' silicone hoses
REVO Torque Mount Insert
Various detailing

Post by Psycho Kirky »

xjay1337 wrote:Got all the suspension on on Tuesday, took a bit longer than anticipated so I ended up getting a lift home on Tuesday evening and collected the car on Thursday.

Also got full Superpro rear bush kit, new drop links front and rear, new rear top mounts, and some modifications to my turbo intake pipe and boost pipework.

It's amazing!! So much better. You can certainly tell the suspension is a quality item rather than a budget lowering option. It's actually ever so slightly higher than it was before now too but hey ho.

IMG_20170711_194314_205 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

FB_IMG_1500282516058 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Tested it out at Donnington Park on Sunday at VAG Tuner VW show.
As a package it was very, very capable. Next chassis mod is a LSD but given the power and torque it does manage really well without one.
Unfortunately I got black flagged twice as I was tripping the noise meters ... 98db driveby, I was around 101 db.

All good in the hood so far :)
Black flagged, awesome!! [emoji28]

Looking good is the ol' Roc mate, what sort of mods did you do to the pipework? Sounds interesting!

I'm still after something to get my Forge ally pipe to fit the K04 turbo to intercooler hose. Stuck with that squashed looking thing lol!

Still one of the best cars here, an impressive build dude!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
xjay1337

Post by xjay1337 »

Thank you bud. appreciate it :)

Basically one of the boost pipes had been hitting the sump. The Darkside piping came with no bracing. So Alex cut and welded a pipe and then put some silicone that I had lying around over it to protect it.

I was also getting turbo surge at high temperatures due to a piece of crappy silicone we had ordered. (not all silicones are equal....)
So rather than faffing about with that I ordered a straight reducer and Alex made me up another piece of alloy pipe to fit.
I'll post up some pics later of the damage to the intercooler pipe and the TIP.
click for build thread
Psycho Kirky
REVO Stage 2 remap
Sachs Performance clutch
REVO Torque Mount Insert
Various detailing

Post by Psycho Kirky »

xjay1337 wrote:Thank you bud. appreciate it :)

Basically one of the boost pipes had been hitting the sump. The Darkside piping came with no bracing. So Alex cut and welded a pipe and then put some silicone that I had lying around over it to protect it.

I was also getting turbo surge at high temperatures due to a piece of crappy silicone we had ordered. (not all silicones are equal....)
So rather than faffing about with that I ordered a straight reducer and Alex made me up another piece of alloy pipe to fit.
I'll post up some pics later of the damage to the intercooler pipe and the TIP.
Sounds like a lot of hassle! Good old AKS Tuning to the rescue! =D

xjay1337

Post by xjay1337 »

Image2017-07-26_08-07-48 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

This is a the lower IC pipe* that goes behind the sump. Darkside Developments pipework kit isn't bad but has no mounting points so it has plenty of room to wiggle and knock on the sump. We had some 76mm pipe from the intake and so Alex cut and welded it and then we slid some silicone over the new pipe to provide it some protection.
Last edited by xjay1337 on Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
click for build thread
Psycho Kirky
REVO Stage 2 remap
Sachs Performance clutch
REVO Torque Mount Insert
Various detailing

Post by Psycho Kirky »

xjay1337 wrote:Image2017-07-26_08-07-48 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

This is a the lower IC pump that goes behind the sump. Darkside Developments pipework kit isn't bad but has no mounting points so it has plenty of room to wiggle and knock on the sump. We had some 76mm pipe from the intake and so Alex cut and welded it and then we slid some silicone over the new pipe to provide it some protection.
Wow that pipe has taken a good old beating! I broke down the other day haha. Injector 1 failed so waiting for that to be sorted. Hopefully no other dramas.

Does the new head seem to be alright? Is it built or just a new OEM setup? I cant load previous pages very fast at the minute sorry!