Scirocco CR170 "Project Racek0r"

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
xjay1337
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Re: Scirocco CR170

Post by xjay1337 »

Psycho Kirky wrote: Wow that pipe has taken a good old beating! I broke down the other day haha. Injector 1 failed so waiting for that to be sorted. Hopefully no other dramas.

Does the new head seem to be alright? Is it built or just a new OEM setup? I cant load previous pages very fast at the minute sorry!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
That's a pain mate, hopefully can be sorted quickly and cheaply. At least it failed outright rather than reduced flow... that sort of stuff blows up engines.
New head is spot on.

I bought a used head from Ebay unseen.
All new valves
Upgraded valve springs
all other seals and gaskets etc
Heavily ported. as stock the cyl head is designed for emissions and swirl air rather than performance.
and 12.9 head studs.
click for build thread
Check out Fat Bear Photography
xjay1337
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Re: Scirocco CR170 "Project Racek0r"

Post by xjay1337 »

Few pics from VAG Tuner.
The car behaved perfectly. But highlights I need an LSD now.

Cheers Jhk__photography for pics. by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Cheers Jhk__photography for pics. by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr[/quote]

Did a day at Curborough Sprint course with some guys I met on a work training course.
A small group of us, nice atmosphere.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Footage from my second outing. Very technical little circuit. Was getting better towards the end of the day, so that's good :)

Unfortunately not everything went to plan. Before we had even started (hadn't even parked!!) my clutch master cylinder decided to split leaving me with no clutch. Luckily Euro's had the right part in stock so we did a "DSG conversion" and had it back up and working by 11am.

Image2017-08-23_07-28-30 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Image20170822_124824-01 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

I did a day at Cadwell. Had to bleed my brakes in the paddock as I just didn't have time and the first session boiled my fluid.
No fade for the rest of the day.

ImageEN9I8739-3 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

A video from my friend in his 310hp Edition 30 chasing, with similar handling mods.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And onboard for a couple of laps, following a TTE420 powered ED30 - " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And also at Silverstone on Sunday.
I did try to get some footage but my camera didn't save it!

ImageCT-2130-(ZF-6182-13377-1-002)-1 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Myy 1st gear synchro broke ages ago - so the work around was either to wait 5 or so seconds from pressing the clutch down before engaging 1st, or put it into 2nd and then straight into 1st.

This worked for a while but now 2nd gear has done the same. Which makes the car incredibly difficult to drive around town.

A few weeks ago I bought a gearbox from Ebay to be rebuilt with a limited slip diff (Peloquin) and all the internal strengthening mods. Alex is a very busy guy and finally got around to stripping it down.

These include the 4th gear support and steel shift forks

Imagereceived_10155918928887244 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

I am not sure when the gearbox will be ready but I'm hoping soon then it's just a case of getting everything swapped over.

In performance land, I have also gone for a new turbo since we are right at the limit of this one (you can hear on some videos we are on the surge line of the turbo)

The new turbo should be on in a month or so, Bobby needs to make a speed sensor mount and sort a few bits before we go. The new unit has been built to go for 400hp.
click for build thread
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Paradox1 »

Jeeez soon to be another 400bhp rocco lol I love it.

What model turbo isit and also give some feedback on the LSD when fitted, IM toying with getting one myself, but want the mapping done first.
xjay1337

Post by xjay1337 »

Paradox1 wrote:Jeeez soon to be another 400bhp rocco lol I love it.

What model turbo isit and also give some feedback on the LSD when fitted, IM toying with getting one myself, but want the mapping done first.

Turbo isn't a specific model. It's custom frankenturbo basically :) we'll see how it performs soon.
click for build thread
xjay1337

Post by xjay1337 »

New year, new news.

We received the turbo , but once mounted it clearly sounded very poorly , despite being expensive, brand new and having 0 miles , it was removed and we had to send it off to be rebuilt and rebalanced. That was not fun, nor was it cheap, or an effective use of time.

But now the turbo is coming back now and should be fitted soon.

My gearbox issues have finally been fixed. The new gearbox with LSD and other modifications has been installed and works perfectly. Very happy, completely changes the driving characteristics, and it's nice to have 1st and 2nd gear back.

Imagereceived_10156039073962244 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Imagereceived_10156042100272244 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Imagereceived_10156060794312244 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Image20180104_114121 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Image20180104_153426-01 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr
click for build thread
xjay1337

Post by xjay1337 »

Just a note to say the Scirocco made 395hp on a new turbo.

However I fancy a change and combined with having just bought a house means I can no longer spend hundreds and hundreds on this every month.

Everything is for sale including door cards, radiators, trims, windows etc. Here is a list of the juicer parts.

Imageparts list. by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr
click for build thread
TomC281
Options: ACC, Heated leather, panoramic sunroof

Post by TomC281 »

xjay1337 wrote:Just a note to say the Scirocco made 395hp on a new turbo.

However I fancy a change and combined with having just bought a house means I can no longer spend hundreds and hundreds on this every month.

Everything is for sale including door cards, radiators, trims, windows etc. Here is a list of the juicer parts.

Imageparts list. by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr
Have you got any close up pics of the gear stick?
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box

Post by Roy_01 »

Ah too bad but a house is more important than a car.
Do you need to spend a lot on your house you selling everything?
easyrider
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: sensors, folding mirrors, cup spoiler, pano roof, cruise, 19s, leather, rns510, power seat, xenons, LED interior/exterior & puddle lights, vwr springs, fluffy driver's glovebox, aardvark

Post by easyrider »

shame to see it go after all that hard work I guess. props for doing it properly and getting it on the track dude. awesome car.
Victor's thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: @quietresonance
xjay1337

Post by xjay1337 »

Cheers mate, end of an era for sure. 4 years of fun though so can't really complain.

Roy_01 wrote:Ah too bad but a house is more important than a car.
Do you need to spend a lot on your house you selling everything?
House is all paid for, but rather have something a little less extreme.
Looking at m135i's.

Tom - gearstick is sold, sorry
click for build thread