my black gt from london

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
easyrider
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: sensors, folding mirrors, cup spoiler, pano roof, cruise, 19s, leather, rns510, power seat, xenons, LED interior/exterior & puddle lights, vwr springs, fluffy driver's glovebox, aardvark

Re: my black gt from london

Post by easyrider »

yes, i got a link - and no, no errors, simply plug and play. the red wire you just tuck in - not used for ours. only one (T20 i think) screwdriver needed. love the way the drl fades back on after cancelling indicator, v cool. expensive but great - though VERY bright and take a few weeks to arrive from china:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

think there's a group buy somewhere on this site, but i just stump up the cash.
Victor's thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: @quietresonance
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

easyrider wrote:yes, i got a link - and no, no errors, simply plug and play. the red wire you just tuck in - not used for ours. only one (T20 i think) screwdriver needed. love the way the drl fades back on after cancelling indicator, v cool. expensive but great - though VERY bright and take a few weeks to arrive from china:

These are the ones from the group buy. My drivers side has completely failed. So had to put the original units back on.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
C00PS
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Red LED foot well lights.
Red LED reading lights.
LED number plate lights.
Yeti tail pipes.
Metal pedals.
GT engraved foot rest pedal.
GT steering wheel Emblem.

Post by C00PS »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:
easyrider wrote:yes, i got a link - and no, no errors, simply plug and play. the red wire you just tuck in - not used for ours. only one (T20 i think) screwdriver needed. love the way the drl fades back on after cancelling indicator, v cool. expensive but great - though VERY bright and take a few weeks to arrive from china:

These are the ones from the group buy. My drivers side has completely failed. So had to put the original units back on.
Have you got any thoughts into why it failed?
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

No idea. Checked the connections and they was fine. Half the LEDs worked and the rest wouldn't . Now none of the white LEDs work. Not the only person from the group buy who have encountered issues with them
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
easyrider
Options: sensors, folding mirrors, cup spoiler, pano roof, cruise, 19s, leather, rns510, power seat, xenons, LED interior/exterior & puddle lights, vwr springs, fluffy driver's glovebox, aardvark

Post by easyrider »

oooooooh, bummer.
Victor's thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Phil
In: Night Blue
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:No idea. Checked the connections and they was fine. Half the LEDs worked and the rest wouldn't . Now none of the white LEDs work. Not the only person from the group buy who have encountered issues with them
I had the same issue - i tried all sorts to get it going and decided its not insulated from weather well enough. In a desperate attempted i snipped the ends of the red wire off (an inch in) and it magically came back to life. Hope this helps :yes:
Phil
easyrider

Post by easyrider »

ace café - more here: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 18&t=17160" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hk3948
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI

Post by hk3948 »

Regarding these leds, do the drl switch from the main lights to the indicatirs when you install them?
easyrider

Post by easyrider »

yeah, by drl i actually mean the sidelights - same place as indicators, not main lights.
NickRocco3

Post by NickRocco3 »

Lovely looking car mate.. Your not that far from me.... if your doing another Rocco meet in Brighton or London Area give me a shout!
easyrider

Post by easyrider »

well, here's the last pic i took of the gt, just before it got it's old wheels put back on and part-ex'd. will build a new thread for the new car. tara for now, thanks for all the comments etc. oh, and these wheels are up for sale if anyone's interested?

:clap: