Silver Rocco

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
roc82
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: Manual box

Silver Rocco

Post by roc82 »

Hi all,

For 3 months now, i am a very happy Scirocco owner. It's a 2009 2.0 TSI 200hp, with DCC.
Currently i am running on 19' wheels, but i will switch to a more reasonable 17', even thou it will definitely lose some points on the looks of the car.
The only downside that comes into my mind is regarding the steering, which feels a little bit disconnected, even in sport mode.

Cheers
http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac10 ... 970465.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac10 ... fbf5c0.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac10 ... e08b39.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac10 ... 1f3bcf.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by roc82 on Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uklee
I drive a: GTS TDI
In: Candy White
Options: 14MY GTS TDi 177 RNS510 DAB with Dynaudio ,Parking sensors, 90% tint, Bi-Xenons, Full colour MFC, Winter Pack. MODS- De-Striped ,Reverse Camera Kit ,Power-fold Mirrors, Smokers pack ,Cruise Control, VW Cup spoiler ,VAG-COM tweeks ,LED interior light kit ,MSS Streets suspension kit ,12mm spacers

Re: Silver Rocco

Post by uklee »

Nice Rocco :) That looks like a GREAT road to go and have some fun on !

Lee
BunnyJen
In: Candy White

Post by BunnyJen »

I like the alloys. :)
roc82

Post by roc82 »

uklee wrote:Nice Rocco :) That looks like a GREAT road to go and have some fun on !

Lee
Thanks uklee :) It's a very nice road to drive, a little bit crowded in weekends.
By the way, your GTS is AWESOME! Definitely the r-line rear bumper will be on my mod list, it looks so much better than the standard one.

Cheers
roc82

Post by roc82 »

BunnyJen wrote:I like the alloys. :)
Unfortunately, current alloys will be replaced by 17' :(
mr gee
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: RNS-510/Dynaudio

Post by mr gee »

Great, another Silver :)
roc82

Post by roc82 »

mr gee wrote:Great, another Silver :)
When i was looking for the car, the only 2 options were gray or white. In the end, it has been a very pleasant surprise and i am glad now that i bought the silver one. It looks so much better in reality.
Cheers
Brad_rocc_smith
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Reflex Silver
Options: pan roof, vortex front splitter and skirts, painted bumper grill, media protection and winter pack, covered cup holder mod,

Post by Brad_rocc_smith »

i have a silver rocc too! at first i was a bit sceptical of the idea but now i love it!
roc82

Post by roc82 »

it's been almost a year since i didn't post anything here :)
couple of mods that i did :
- 17 wheels - even thou i've loved the way the 19' looked, it make the driving a very stressful experience, constantly have to scan the road for potholes. A ridge in the tarmac managed to ripped the sidewall of one of the rear tire (8.5 width of the rim made the tire a bit stretched), so i knew that i had to do something about them;
- Superpro alloy wishbone - it is a very good mod, that increase the steering feel and makes the car very fun to drive - regarding this subject, i am still searching for other mods that could make it even better to drive, so it is a work in progress :)
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 34&t=15213" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- R rear bumper with catback exhaust - the mod i was looking since i bought the car, but was very hard to find a second hand r bumper (new is insanely expensive).
The catback was made by Longlife UK, and i can say they did an awesome job and exactly the way i wanted to be: quiet at highway speeds, but louder than stock once you go over 3500rpm. Also, i felt it's revving faster than before around 2/3000 rpm.

Next mod will be lowering springs if i convince my self that i could still use a lowered car every day. Every time i look at the wheel arch gaps, i instantly want to order them...
The best alternative i guess it would be some lowering springs that would lower it with only 1/1.5 cm, if not, i guess i will go with the Eibachs Pro kit (2/2.5 cm)

Cheers :)
roc82

Re: Silver Rocco project

Post by roc82 »

Managed to add a couple of nice mods to my ride :)

Lowering spings: it has been a difficult decision. I have read all the lowering springs, in search of the perfect choice. I was looking for a mild drop, that would not make the ride unusable at day to day use, but still improve the look and handling. So, the choice has been the OEM vw lowering springs (-2cm). First impressions are great, it definitely looking a lot better w/o the huge arch gap, and has improved handling.

Adjustable ball joints: the first on my to do list has always been the steering feel, so I have added some super pro ball joints to complement the alloy wishbones. I am really happy with the outcome, but it will still remain an open topic :)
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 26#p159026" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Short shifter: I have installed an Scirocco r shifter, it has shortened the gear change with approx. 1/1.5cm. I love it.

And of course, some pics :)
roc82

Post by roc82 »

roc82

Post by roc82 »

Can't believe it's more than 3 years since i have posted anything :yikes:

All the mods still work great, really transformed the car into a very nice one to drive :)
Recently i have bought a new set of rims and tires, couldn't be happier with the choice:
- rims: i was searching for something light, and at least low pressure cast. I already had very good experience with OZ, but was trying to find something different in design.
After many searches, i have found the TEC GT6, which was in budget and most important that it ticked a lot of must haves: light, build process, design, color.
So far i have done approx 1k km with them, including some medium quality B roads - really hope that they will stay in top shape
- tires: i am amazed by the quality of Michelin Pilot Sport 4. It has such a fast turn in, really helps the older type steering's(it feels like someone has changed the steering ratio). Also, they are extremely comfortable! :)
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra

Post by Roy_01 »

Very nice car, what window tint have you on?
roc82

Post by roc82 »

Thanks mate ;)
Its the standard tint from sport package(don't know what is the similar speck in UK), most probably in picture there is a camera influence (phone crappy photo).
I need to make some time for a nice road trip to get some decent photo's ;)