UK Lee's GTS build thread :-)

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
kanedingle
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box

Re: UK Lee's GTS build thread :-)

Post by kanedingle »

Get the t5 grill on dude :) and a how to guide would be great too :)
uklee
I drive a: GTS TDI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 14MY GTS TDi 177 RNS510 DAB with Dynaudio ,Parking sensors, 90% tint, Bi-Xenons, Full colour MFC, Winter Pack. MODS- De-Striped ,Reverse Camera Kit ,Power-fold Mirrors, Smokers pack ,Cruise Control, VW Cup spoiler ,VAG-COM tweeks ,LED interior light kit ,MSS Streets suspension kit ,12mm spacers

Post by uklee »

kanedingle wrote:Get the t5 grill on dude :) and a how to guide would be great too :)
Lol :nod: , yes - i'd love to do the T5 grille mod .
I did have a go myself , i bought a complete set of grilles from ebay (£75 all in) , ordered an aftermarket 'badgeless' VW Tansproter T5 grille - which turned out to be the wrong one :cry: . so i ended sending that one back . Whilst i was waiting to try and find out which is the correct T5 grille to use , i made a start on the 'donor' grille

Spent a good 3-4 hours carefully removing the honeycomb .....

....... and then removing the 'left over' molding ribs from the grille using a dremel ...

.....and then another day sanding it down - and got as far as this -

And that's as far as i've got :rolleyes:

I did re-order the correct T5 grille ( you need the one with the 3 bars from FK Automotive ) , as someone tipped me off they were currently on sale for just over £20 !
http://www.carparts-tuning.co.uk/Sport- ... cf76e46c15

but after 3 weeks , they emailed me to say they didn't have one in stock , and that they didn't know when they were getting any more :grumpy:
It then took them a further 2 weeks to refund my money :grumpy:

Whilst i was waiting , i had a go at plastic welding using the offcuts from the honeycomb . I thought it would be a good idea to practice :shrug: . Unfortunately , I soon learned that my many talents clearly don't include plastic welding......

So yeah , my T5 grille appears to be a stillborn project i'm afraid :cry: Anyone wanna sell me one ? :hyper:
kanedingle
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150

Post by kanedingle »

Lol it was me that tipped you off lee. There out of stock untill end of next month. I still haven't got my refund yet lol. Can not find any one who has got them in stock unless want a chrome one
Dutch Delight
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Deep Black

Post by Dutch Delight »

I have a new T5 grille here, pm me when you have intrest.
kouri13
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
Options: 18' Matt oz ultraleggerra

Post by kouri13 »

hello!i want to buy your t5 grille!how much can you sell it?
uklee
Options: 14MY GTS TDi 177 RNS510 DAB with Dynaudio ,Parking sensors, 90% tint, Bi-Xenons, Full colour MFC, Winter Pack. MODS- De-Striped ,Reverse Camera Kit ,Power-fold Mirrors, Smokers pack ,Cruise Control, VW Cup spoiler ,VAG-COM tweeks ,LED interior light kit ,MSS Streets suspension kit ,12mm spacers

Post by uklee »

kouri13 wrote:hello!i want to buy your t5 grille!how much can you sell it?
Whoa ! easy tiger !

my thread - me first ! :nod:
uklee

Post by uklee »

Dutch Delight wrote:I have a new T5 grille here, pm me when you have intrest.
PM Sent :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RhysBiff
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184

Post by RhysBiff »

uklee wrote:
Dutch Delight wrote:I have a new T5 grille here, pm me when you have intrest.
PM Sent :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.ebay.de/itm/181523337323" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Seen this an thought of you Uklee! Somebody, somewhere is making these grills. I've tried to e-mail the seller to find out if they have any more in stock but I'm having issues with it being the German ebay :(
uklee

Post by uklee »

Thanks Dude , but that guy is using the '4 bar' donor grille from a T5 . When they use this grille (instead of the 3 bar type) , then the bars ( or slats - or whatever you want to call them) are too close together and dont match up very well with the fog lamp grills :(
Bowser
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Milltek Non Res exhaust
VWR lowering springs
Neuspeed P-Flo
APR stage 1
Pressed metal plates

Post by Bowser »

Some very tasteful mods there. Love the interiors on these. The red stitching is gorgoeus!
Dunk04
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: APR Stage 1, Milltek Cat-Back (Non-Res) , VWRacing Cold Air Intake, H&R Springs.

Post by Dunk04 »

Nice looking car lee !

What spacers and bolts size did you go for ?
That's my next planned mod once I get my springs fitted tomorrow !
Progress Thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17459" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
uklee

Post by uklee »

Dunk04 wrote:Nice looking car lee !

What spacers and bolts size did you go for ?
That's my next planned mod once I get my springs fitted tomorrow !

thanks Dunk - I'm using 12mm hubcentric spacers and 40mm long bolts.

Lee
uklee

Post by uklee »

I thought it was about time that i updated this thread a little :)

No really major mods since lowering the car - just some nice finishing touches :yes:

i replaced the chrome VW badges with gloss black ones ( i got the pair for just £16 from china via ebay ) they look great !

I got hold of a top box and some OEM roofbars and took the family to France for a holiday - where i managed to take my all time favourite pic of my car :D

i then replaced the (pointless) rear cubby box with the cup holder assy from a Golf 6 (OEM part and just £20 odd quid from ebay ! :p )

And today the paperwork arrived from the DVLA meaning that i could finally fit my personalised registration :clap:
I bought the number via the DVLA auction and I'm really chuffed with it . After seeing some other rocco's with trimmed down plates - I had a custom sized (528mm x 95mm) front plate made up that fills the full width of the recess in the front bumper , and doesn't overlap the grille at the bottom .

i really like the resized front plate - it's not the best photo - but it seems to make the front end look wider and meaner :nod:

Lee
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Loving the new private reg plate.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Shaun1982

Post by Shaun1982 »

Looks very nice Lee!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
flashash
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: Dynaudio, Dab RAdio, Factory Bluetooth, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors. Leather

Post by flashash »

Very nice
tashaxxcutie

Post by tashaxxcutie »

Hi Lee! I'm new to the forum and absolutely love your build thread. Would I be able to ask where you got your plates made up? I'm looking to get a personalised reg and love the idea of trimming the plates down, looks awesome on your Roc! Great job all round.
Thanks in advance :-)
uklee

Post by uklee »

tashaxxcutie wrote:Hi Lee! I'm new to the forum and absolutely love your build thread. Would I be able to ask where you got your plates made up? I'm looking to get a personalised reg and love the idea of trimming the plates down, looks awesome on your Roc! Great job all round.
Thanks in advance :-)
thanks mate - i got the rear off ebay , but the custom front plate was made by these folk http://www.replacementregistrationplate ... /about-us/

in the 'plate size' drop down - scroll down to the bottom and select 'custom' you can then enter your own dimensions.

Lee
tashaxxcutie

Post by tashaxxcutie »

Lee,
Thanks so much for your quick and helpful reply, especially for sharing the link.
Really appreciate the help and I'll hopefully become an active member to the forum once I've got my car to an acceptable level to take photos! :doh:
Thanks again
b0x3d
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver

Post by b0x3d »

Hi Lee - no posts for a few months, you still driving the GTS? Love what you've done with it. :clap:

I recently replaced my old GT with the 2.0 GTS TSI DSG (came without stripes). Looks similar to yours did before you started customising it. Was wondering if you have any tips for cleaning and removing minor scratches from the the black gloss lacquer around the RNS 510? Looks lovely but find it gets marked quite easily. :(

One other thing - any idea where I can get the GTS floor mats with red trim? The dealership had lost them so I ended up putting my old ones in there :?