UK Lee's GTS build thread :-)

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
nevarran
I drive a: Haven't decided yet
With a: DSG box

Re: UK Lee's GTS build thread :-)

Post by nevarran »

A gorgeous car, you have there, mate. Thanks for sharing your pics and ideas with us.
shzrn
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Deep Black

Post by shzrn »

"Next came a few VAG-COM tweeks :)

Alarm confirmation beep
Rain closing windows
Big Speedo on the MFD
Needle sweep on start up"

Hi, first of all, great looking car. I'm really liking all the mods you have done. I'm specially interested in the vagcom tweaks you mentioned above. I hope you can share more on these.
uklee
I drive a: GTS TDI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 14MY GTS TDi 177 RNS510 DAB with Dynaudio ,Parking sensors, 90% tint, Bi-Xenons, Full colour MFC, Winter Pack. MODS- De-Striped ,Reverse Camera Kit ,Power-fold Mirrors, Smokers pack ,Cruise Control, VW Cup spoiler ,VAG-COM tweeks ,LED interior light kit ,MSS Streets suspension kit ,12mm spacers

Post by uklee »

shzrn wrote:"Next came a few VAG-COM tweeks :)

Alarm confirmation beep
Rain closing windows
Big Speedo on the MFD
Needle sweep on start up"

Hi, first of all, great looking car. I'm really liking all the mods you have done. I'm specially interested in the vagcom tweaks you mentioned above. I hope you can share more on these.
look here > http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 36&t=14999
shzrn

Post by shzrn »

Awesome. Thank you. Keep up the great work.
Komar
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125

Post by Komar »

uklee wrote:
Komar wrote:how the those GTS rims look in live? :D

I want to buy them, but never seen them in live :D
I have 17" now....
I think they look great in the flesh - certainly better than in pictures . You can get them from your local VW dealer , they are advertised in the accessory catalouge as '18" Thunder' alloy wheels . You can Machine finished / Black (like the GTS) or you can also get Machined finished / Titanium.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/acce ... /1#details

Lee
This week I am getting them :D

Nice car :nod:
squigglyline
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by squigglyline »

Really like the look and what you have done to the GTS.

Has got me thinking now, even though I was 99.9% set with the GT and some extras :)
shzrn

Post by shzrn »

Hi there, could you drop me an email at realshaggmeister@gmail.com? Have a few things to ask you. Appreciate it much.
S8ndo
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140

Post by S8ndo »

Hi Lee. Fantastic work. I see you are from the midlands like myself. Any chance you could contact me at smandir@hotmail.com need some advice about a cruise control retrofit
S8ndo
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140

Post by S8ndo »

Hi lee. Thanks for the reply via dm, unfortunately as a new member I can't reply.

I wanted to ask if you would retrofit cruise control for me (for a charge) as I have no knowledge of car maintenance or upgrades. Please let me know either way. My email is smandir@hotmail.com

Cheers
uklee
Options: 14MY GTS TDi 177 RNS510 DAB with Dynaudio ,Parking sensors, 90% tint, Bi-Xenons, Full colour MFC, Winter Pack. MODS- De-Striped ,Reverse Camera Kit ,Power-fold Mirrors, Smokers pack ,Cruise Control, VW Cup spoiler ,VAG-COM tweeks ,LED interior light kit ,MSS Streets suspension kit ,12mm spacers

Post by uklee »

No probs - you'll be number 3 ! , I've sent you an email

Lee
Dimen
I drive a: GTS TSI

Post by Dimen »

Hi !

This week give me my scirocco gts, but happens to me as you, I don't like the vinyl. The commercial has told me that it might be marks. Do you have marks in your car ?. Do you removed them with a hairdryer or something more?

Sorry for my bad english, I’m Spanish

Thank you
uklee

Post by uklee »

Dimen wrote:Hi !

This week give me my scirocco gts, but happens to me as you, I don't like the vinyl. The commercial has told me that it might be marks. Do you have marks in your car ?. Do you removed them with a hairdryer or something more?

Thank you
No , there were not any marks left by removing the vinyl . I believe they used a hot air gun to warm the vinyl before removal.

Lee
Dimen
I drive a: GTS TSI

Post by Dimen »

uklee wrote:
Dimen wrote:Hi !

Thank you
No , there were not any marks left by removing the vinyl . I believe they used a hot air gun to warm the vinyl before removal.

Lee
Thank you!

I send you now to commercial email. I hope that it is me well.
robb
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150

Post by robb »

spot on this lee, you ever thinking of lowering it a shade or is that not your cup of tea ?
VinceXR
In: Oryx White

Post by VinceXR »

Lovely car mate, Getting my R line in March and I can't wait. Love all the subtle touches good effort.
https://www.facebook.com/Ascalonmetal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brocky

Post by Brocky »

Definitely up there with my top 3 or 4 cars on here.

Any recent pic's, Lee?
uklee

Post by uklee »

robb wrote:spot on this lee, you ever thinking of lowering it a shade or is that not your cup of tea ?

Yes , I would like to lower it a bit - not as far as coil overs , but maybe a set of springs. My problem is , I'm a chassis engineer by trade, so when it comes to suspension I'm going to be very fussy !
H&R's seem popular but I am concerned that it will make the ride crashy or harsh. I looked seriously at the MSS kit , bloody expensive I know , but the 'sales talk' does make for a convincing argument , they even offered me a ride in their development car and the loan of a 'tester' kit - even so , which ever way you dress it up £600 for a set of coil springs is an awful lot of money. The VWR springs are a serious option , at least they've been developed by factory approved engineers and they have specific rates for specific models (from experience , I don't like the 'one size fits all' approach) , but they 'only' offer a 25mm drop . As you can tell , I'm still undecided !

The more I see other lowered Rocco's , the more I like the idea though :nod:
uklee

Post by uklee »

Brocky wrote:Definitely up there with my top 3 or 4 cars on here.

Any recent pic's, Lee?

Thanks Brocky :yes:

Only this one really - i fitted my newly acquired winter wheels & tyres sometime before Christmas . They've been great , with noticeably good performance on cold icy mornings and no scary 'aquaplaning' moments when negotiating the many giant puddles we've had after all this bloody rain !

I have to say though , I'm itching to get the GTS Thunders back on , with maybe the addition of some subtle spacers to fill the arches out a little. The 17" interlagos really dont do anything for the looks of my Rocco :shrug:

j3rickz
In: Rising Blue

Re: Picked up my new GTS ! - i love it :-)

Post by j3rickz »

uklee wrote:Thanks guys :)

i managed to fix my dectanes too ! - there were some extra resistors in the box that needed to be wired in to the sidelight circuit. There was no mention of them in the little instruction pages that came in the box (according to that - they were supposed to be plug n play) , and they were 'hidden' under the packaging. Once they were soldered in to the sidelight circuit there was no more error message on the sidelight :yes:
Hi there,

Mind doing the step by step on how to solder or getting connect together for the drl? Because i have no idea on doing it. It supposed to be plug and play.
Thanks
uklee

Post by uklee »

My next mod was one of the best 'value for money' things i've done to my rocco so far - a full LED interior lamp upgrade :)

I just followed the instructions is this thread http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 39&t=16396 . I spent less than £25 and 30 minutes later the interior was transformed - i cant believe i've waited this long to do it !

After that , was probably the most intensive , but long overdue change so far - Lowering the car ! . What a massive difference ! :yes:
Just look back at the pic's of when i picked the car up on the 1st page in this thread and compare them to this :nod:

I bought an MSS Streets Kit from William at MSS , and spent Saturday morning fitting it to the car on my driveway .

To say i'm pleased with the results is an understatement :clap:

At the same time , i wanted to fill the arches out a bit more to get the right stance . I dont want to replace the GTS's 18" Thunder alloys - as i really like them , so i fitted a set of 4 x 12mm Hub-centric spacers , complete with longer bolts and locking bolts. The wheels are now flush with the arches and it looks really FAT - especially from the back :yes:

For the benefit of other members on this forum I took loads of pics and notes during my install - i'm going to write up a full 'How to lower your rocco' over the new few weeks -
But for now I'm too busy having fun in this bad boy :hyper:

Lee :)
Last edited by uklee on Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.