Candy White KW V1s and a few other bits.....

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Gazp123
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Nav, leather seats, dsg, Bluetooth, winter pack

Candy White KW V1s and a few other bits.....

Post by Gazp123 »

Thought I would start one of these build threads off. Its a 2.0tdi 170 dsg 11 plate with full leather, sat nav and a few other extras. Bought it in Leeds and drove it back to Sunderland. Couldn't of been happier with it.

The car when I picked it up.

I bought it in january and straight away got sick of seeing exactly the same standard cars passing me so first of all I dropped it off at the local paint shop and had the front lower grill painted white, gloss black mirrors and the small lip on the back bumper done gloss black.

I also changed all the bulbs out for brighter white ones and leds for the interior due to how yellow the original bulbs were.

Ive used my iphone to take the pictures so thats why they are crap quality and this photo I've used off a forum but cant remember where i got it from but its exactly the same set up.

Thats as far as Ive got for now, future plans are:

H&R ultralow coilovers (drops 50 to 80mm)
19's, not sure what to go for, maybe 3SDM 0.05s when there released later this year.
scirocco and 2.0tdi badge removal
VW badges gloss black

a few recent pictures...

I was after some H&R ultralow coilovers but with mine being a fatty diesel/ dsg it was too heavy :( .So I decided to go for some KW V1s instead. I got a good price from Revolution in gateshead so got them bought fitted and aligned there. Sorry for the cack pictures only got it done this afternoon so iphone special again!

looks like its on stilts to this...

the rear is all the way down and the front has 20mm ish to go. left the front slightly higher to try out speedbumps to work and no problems so going to drop it a bit more when I get the chance. Looks loads better in the flesh! badges are getting done gloss black next week. Now what wheels to choose????
candyboytsi210
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Now own a C-Class Coupe !!
------
• 210PS
• Panoramic Roof
• Vienna Leathers (Heated)
• 19" VW Savannah Alloys
• Power Folding Mirrors
• Reverse Sensors
• Luxury Scirocco Mats
• Vagcom Refinements
• Bury Bluetooth

Re: Candy White KW V1s and a few other bits.....

Post by candyboytsi210 »

the car looks great, i like the lip gloss black paint you got on the rear bumper. very clever, not feeling the front grill in white though. not my sort of thing but each to their own,
Gazp123

Post by Gazp123 »

cheers, the black breaks the car up and just adds a bit more to it, all white its too plain for me.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

i'd even out the ride height as for me just a tad low at rear, critical dimension for me was clearance to front jacking point (i had 85mm) as this caught on some plastic bumps, also plastic under tray, just lower my golf which looks lower than the roc but has 25mm more at jacking point
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Gazp123

Post by Gazp123 »

the rear is at its lowest mate. should settle a little lower, I've got 20mm left in the front. What coils did you have on?
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

VWRs spec KW V1s
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
SC60_CCO
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: A few ;)

Post by SC60_CCO »

Gaz whats your camera setup for the arty interior shots above? Car is looking good by the way, i need to get some Kw V1's in my life, are you running the DDC delete kit or the compliant one?
Gazp123

Post by Gazp123 »

SC60_CCO wrote:Gaz whats your camera setup for the arty interior shots above? Car is looking good by the way, i need to get some Kw V1's in my life, are you running the DDC delete kit or the compliant one?
It was a while a go when i did it. I had it in auto I think as I just got the camera, theres a setting that allows you to pick one colour and leave the rest B&W but you can just do the same effects using photoshop. I just got the delete kit, got the ddc cables covered up in electricians tape and tie rapped up out the way. Theres no point in paying an extra 200 for the compliant one when you can either pull the dcc switch out and disconnect the bulb. Or you can remove the fuse for the suspension and it stops the light from flashing so just like normal. I havnt done either yet but will probably pull the fuse out.
SC60_CCO
In: Indium Grey
Options: A few ;)

Post by SC60_CCO »

Fair one mate, mines on the 35mm H&R springs and has been for the last year or so, ive never really been happy with the ride height even with them on. Ive been quoted over a grand for the V1's with the plug in to stop the button flashing and over two grand for the ones that switch the damping using the original dcc switch. Seems like an obvious choice, V1s, some electrical tape and cable ties it is!
Gazp123

Post by Gazp123 »

Just a little update that might help some of you that are getting or thinking about getting coilovers. To stop the light flashing< I simply pulled out the ddc fuse located on the side of the driver side dash.
Simply use a flat headed screwdriver to remove the cover.
fuse 1.JPG
on the rear of the panel there should be a tweezer like object to use to remove the fuse.
fuse 2.JPG
finally look in your car manual to locate the correct fuse. my manual didnt have a diagram or any information on it. But in my mates 09 2.0tsi gt there was one and guessed it would be the same one, we tried it and it worked. The button does not flash anymore and just stays off. A 5 minute job instead of removing the bulb from the button. Took it out for a spin and the handling doesnt feel any different to what it did in sport.
fuse 3.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Are you sure you want to do that! :shake:

The steering, brakes & engine controllers may be comprised by lack of data on the CAN bus network. And in the case of DSG fitted, that controller as well.

Cancel modules is the way.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Gazp123

Post by Gazp123 »

RW1 wrote:Are you sure you want to do that! :shake:

The steering, brakes & engine controllers may be comprised by lack of data on the CAN bus network. And in the case of DSG fitted, that controller as well.

Cancel modules is the way.

C.
Hmmm... may have to put it back in and think of something else. no way am I paying 200 for cancel modules. May just stick some vinyl over the button so I cant see it flashing.
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Wouldn't be surpirsed if you now have a few fault codes in the diagnostics memory :rolleyes:

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
sparki
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Leather and Lows...

Post by sparki »

I just unplugged the switch at that end rather than pulling any fuses. Not sure if that is any better, I've never had any errors or problems in 8 months though.

Car looks great by the way!
Gazp123

Post by Gazp123 »

Cheers bud, put the fuse back in, just got some black vinyl for bottom layer and some grey to go over the top. That should stop any light coming through. Not perfect but it will do for now. Just puts a big smile on my face everytime I walk towards it now. Still alright over speed bumps as well if I take it easy. The girlfriend thinks the rides to hard and it looks ridiculous so it must be good :D
sparki
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Leather and Lows...

Post by sparki »

First time I took mine to show my old man he thought it was rediculous, but now he says every time he sees another roc he can't believe how high they actually sit.

Im ok on most speed bumps with a 50mm drop. The only ones I have trouble with are those ones that are just a lump of tarmac in the middle of the road, I try to move over and use both or just have to put one side up and over. Normally end up with a queue of traffic behind me but oh well...
Gazp123

Post by Gazp123 »

Haha bet you've been told its a waste of money as well! Yeah those are the worst, 5-10mph now instead of the usual 30. Or the ones that are straight up straight down. How are you in multi-stories??
Gazp123

Post by Gazp123 »

Quick update, managed to get a hold of some rotiform blqs 19x8.5 et 45 with nearly new falken tyres for a very cheap price, no pictures as im on iphone. There a bit crazy with them being lime green! There running stretched tyres, 215 35 19, too stretched for me as I'm up and down curbs a lot so need a bit more protection. Doing a swap with someone for some 225 40s so should be better for me. Not sure how long I'll keep them lime green but I'll run them for a while. Pictures to follow later this week... Also locking wheel socket is too large to tighten on rotiforms so new locking bolts needed.

Spacers, black badges next on the list.
Gazp123

Post by Gazp123 »

test fit :D
scirocco rotis.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gazp123

Post by Gazp123 »

new wheels on and a few better pics, 19" rotiform blq in lime green. its a bit in your face but better than the usual black wheels on a white car. Running them like this for a while. maybe get them re-done white during the winter or buy something different. Thoughts and opinions? good or bad.

and one to show the silly ride height before and after