Tom's Bagged TDiR : FULL 2016 R Fakelift - NOW SOLD - 11 Aug

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Tom
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: #TeamAF

INSTAGRAM: @tomhamsyo
Auto Finesse Sponsored

Re: UKtom's Candy White OEM+

Post by Tom »

So here are the pics from the photoshoot with my new wheels, the photographer did an amazing job! I'll let the pics do the talking...

Hope you guys like them!
Tom
http://www.autofinesse.co.uk
DM me for Scirocco Central exclusive Autofinesse discounts/freebies with your next order!
rpsmith79
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI

Post by rpsmith79 »

Looking sweet, now i haven't read your whole thread, so you might have posted about this before, do you mind me asking what you use in terms of polish/wax/sealant as i'm really struggling making my Candy White actually shine, and i've never had a white car in the past so i'm at a bit of a loss
Olivier
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
With a: DSG box

Post by Olivier »

Car and pictures are awesome, love this wheels!
Mostic
I drive a: R-Line
In: Oryx White
Options: Let's wait until I start the mods :)

Post by Mostic »

rpsmith79 wrote:Looking sweet, now i haven't read your whole thread, so you might have posted about this before, do you mind me asking what you use in terms of polish/wax/sealant as i'm really struggling making my Candy White actually shine, and i've never had a white car in the past so i'm at a bit of a loss
Good question, I would like to know too.
Scirocco R Build! (Fun, Tough & Cost)
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=21372" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MKV Build!
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195173" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

rpsmith79 wrote:Looking sweet, now i haven't read your whole thread, so you might have posted about this before, do you mind me asking what you use in terms of polish/wax/sealant as i'm really struggling making my Candy White actually shine, and i've never had a white car in the past so i'm at a bit of a loss
Mostic wrote:Good question, I would like to know too.
Haha thanks guys. I use quite a lot of different polishes and waxes, but generally using AutoGlym Super Resin polish and some Fusso99 soft wax gives the best results!
Olivier wrote:Car and pictures are awesome, love this wheels!
Thanks dude! Glad you like it :D

I've spent this weekend spraying my interior trims to piano black. I had primer, paint and sand paper left over from doing my turbines last year, so all I had to buy was some lacquer - a grand total of £6.99 :D

Here they are currently, I'm waiting for them to dry/harden before fitting but I'm really happy with the finish!

Tom
DM me for Scirocco Central exclusive Autofinesse discounts/freebies with your next order!
Chriskm9416
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160

Post by Chriskm9416 »

Just caught up from the first page. Your car is stunning!!
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

Chriskm9416 wrote:Just caught up from the first page. Your car is stunning!!
Thanks dude, so good to hear people's kind words. Makes it all worthwhile :)

I fitted the interior trims this afternoon, they make so much difference! Black R vents and new steering wheel next I think...

Tom
rpsmith79
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI

Post by rpsmith79 »

UKtom wrote:
Mostic wrote:Good question, I would like to know too.
Haha thanks guys. I use quite a lot of different polishes and waxes, but generally using AutoGlym Super Resin polish and some Fusso99 soft wax gives the best results
Nice one cheers, old skool polish, not used SRP for some time

Do you do that by hand or machine

I'm using Megs Dual Action Polish with a machine polisher, i think half of the problem making a white car shine is getting it in the right light
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

rpsmith79 wrote:Nice one cheers, old skool polish, not used SRP for some time

Do you do that by hand or machine

I'm using Megs Dual Action Polish with a machine polisher, i think half of the problem making a white car shine is getting it in the right light
I've only machine polished the front end (bonnet, wings and bumper), everything else is by hand! I agree, white cars are definitely one of the worst for reflections! Such a flat colour.

Tom
Mickyb12309
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Salsa Red

Post by Mickyb12309 »

Hi tom, we meet again lol
Instagram: mickyb_81
GTS_UA
I drive a: GTS TSI
In: Deep Black

Post by GTS_UA »

Are you planing to sell the AP coilovers?
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

Mickyb12309 wrote:Hi tom, we meet again lol
Hello Michael ;)
GTS_UA wrote:Are you planing to sell the AP coilovers?
Sorry pal they've already sold :( Keep an eye out on the for sale section though, some come up every so often.

Went to a show at the weekend and some cool pics have started to emerge. Here are two of my favs!

19 days till air... not that I'm counting :nod:

Tom
GTS_UA
I drive a: GTS TSI
In: Deep Black

Post by GTS_UA »

What suspension are you using now?
SciroccoGTT

Post by SciroccoGTT »

Great work.. love the mods :) :)
bradley_nix0n
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150

Post by bradley_nix0n »

Absolutely love this thread. Given me some inspiration!
djmojo
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Pure White

Post by djmojo »

interested in selling a the 4 r grilles from one of the bumpers? hard to find where i live :S
StuRenfrew
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: n/a

Post by StuRenfrew »

how were the ap coilovers? what was the ride like? My front shocks are away and Ive been back and foward for the past few weeks with vw trying to get them replaced. Turns out ill need to pay for them but a set of ap coilovers are cheaper so im looking at my options

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

GTS_UA wrote:What suspension are you using now?
It's still on the AP Coilovers dude! It goes in for air this weekend, when the AP's will be coming off :)
SciroccoGTT wrote:Great work.. love the mods :) :)
bradley_nix0n wrote:Absolutely love this thread. Given me some inspiration!
Thanks guys, appreciate the kind works! Makes all the hard work worthwhile :rolleyes:
djmojo wrote:interested in selling a the 4 r grilles from one of the bumpers? hard to find where i live :S
Sorry dude, I kind of need them for my car hahaha! Try contacting XenonzUK - they may be able to help you with a replica set. If not, maybe the main dealer?
StuRenfrew wrote:how were the ap coilovers? what was the ride like? My front shocks are away and Ive been back and foward for the past few weeks with vw trying to get them replaced. Turns out ill need to pay for them but a set of ap coilovers are cheaper so im looking at my options

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I have always been really impressed with AP's. I had them on my previous car (a Mini Cooper S) and were the main reason I bought them for the scirocco. Mine are wound all the way down and the ride is firm, but not crashy. I would have no hesitation in recommending them for a budget set up, I dont think there's anything else out there that competes value for money!

So not much progress at the moment as the car goes in for air this weekend and i've literally been on a rice and beans diet for the past couple of months hahaha. Here's a couple more pics of how it currently stands, next update should see the car slightly closer to the ground ;)

Hope you like!
Tom
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

After a long old week without the car, I picked it up today. Better pics to follow, however these will do for now... :woohoo:

I am over the moon with it, couldn't be happier!! More pics to follow, alongside write up and thoughts on the kit...

Hope you like!
Tom
Kixxyz
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Kixxyz »

omg freakin loveley~!